whats with the exceesive filter

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ashgan

10-13-2010

Originally it was an annoyance but now its wtf I can't even put an away message saying I'm hungry, as hungry is an offensive word.... appearently.

RiotStatikk

QA Analyst

10-13-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Let me investigate.

Ashgan

10-13-2010

thank you, and rereading my post I probably came off a bit harshly sorry about that.

Edit: I posted this below in another filter thread about kassadin but I'll put it here anyways
why not just rework the filter to *** the swear part of the word that way you know why its got an issue and the ones who don't care can still see/write it. (just an idea)

hitachihex

10-13-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by statikk View Post
Let me investigate.
Please don't use strstr as a means to filter words.. You guys are getting pretty big and this is a mighty fine example of a way to have someone be able to mock you because of such petty programming as this.

Suggestion: Dictionary (obviously already in use) but for the love of god, use whitspaces as a delimeter to know that the (spaceOFFENSIVE_WORD_HEREspace) word in general should be filtered.

BNeutral

10-13-2010

Just remove the filters. It's online gaming, people know what they're dealing with.

Pen is Hungry

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-14-2010

I prefer leaving the filters on from time to time because too many people use foul language- I remember MapleStory, an MMORPG also had similar problems with their language filters being over-defensive.

Silverstab

10-14-2010

you can't even put the word "class" in the chat description box. And someone mentioned earlier "Kassadin" is an offensive word, too =P
p.s. how about making the word "noob" and "n00b" an offensive ones, put them on the language filter, and see how whiners and flamers are annoyed =P

Draegur

10-15-2010

had to make a new thread for how the word PUFF is offensive. PUFF? REALLY? Can't puff on my cigarette? can't mention a magic dragon that lives by the sea? can't get an icepack for the puffiness where I had a bruise? GEEZ MAN! Censorship is just... just a drag :\

Are our virgin ears going to burst into flame? gods help me, i've NEVER seen censorship be useful for anything except annoy people. STICKS AND STONES, riot! Sticks and stones! words can't hurt anybody, or if anybody CAN be hurt by words, well by golly they've got it COMING! They need to suck it up and stop being children!

At this rate, people won't be able to play with or search for ASSASSINS because it contains not just one--but TWO OH SO TERRIBLE CURSE WORDS DEAR ME GOODNESS GOSH! Tone it back, dude. If we don't want to hear someone, that's what MUTE and IGNORE are for. Let us handle -our own- censorship.