Looking for Sejuani Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Krimson62

12-15-2012

I hate how as a "tank" her only hard CC is on her ultimate (making stopping kat, fiddlesticks, and other channeling champs almost impossible) even a small knockback would be nice just for interrupts.

i also hate how she is a "tank" but does not have tank stats nor a natural steroid.

her attack animation is also very slow...

i like how she is AFTER she gets 3K HP, because then she becomes a threat. (being the only champion to scale with total health is awesome)

Her late game is good but her early game is just SO bad...

tehdef

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post

1. What do you like about her current kit/what would you be saddened to see changed or removed?

2. What do you dislike about her current kit?

3. What would you like to see tweaked or added?
1a: I'd be saddened to see her control removed or toned down. I think she is a great controller, and if played well can be really devastating in a team fight.

2a: I dislike that she is so item reliant. I never feel like I'm actually doing much of anything. She is easy to focus down, and if you go for sustain, you sacrifice damage except on Northern Winds. I also don't think she farms well until she maxes out Winds, and Assault. I feel that having Frost added on Assault, but making her reliant on stacking Frost to slow enemies, but not having a high base AS, or anything that buffs her AS is counter-productive to her intent.

3a: I'd like to see some sort of attack speed increase, basically because I feel like frost applies too slowly. If you hit a champ with AA you get increased attack speed or something similar.

I'd also like to see Northern Winds do more damage based independently on permafrost and frost, since Permafrost requires frost, but it doesn't make Northern Winds any more impactful, even though it specifically calls out increased damage, despite Permafrost requiring frost. This might also help with her jungle speed, as it's pretty slow right now and she takes a lot of damage.

Maybe also allowing Northern Winds to apply a stacking shield for 6 seconds up to a cap of like 150 based on how much damage she's caused to enemy champions.

Mahgnificent

12-15-2012

I haven't played much Sej in S3 but overall I'd say her kit is fine.

1. I really like her current kit. I know with reworks you wouldn't change much so I think I'm fine with all of her skills being tweaked. I would want her Charge and Ult to stay similar though. Like don't remove how it spreads. That's just OMG when it hits and spread to everyone on the enemy team

2. I don't like how her passive is incredibly weak. Maybe add a 2nd way to permafrost foes maybe? And f*ck Morgana. I think frost should apply through Spell Shield.

3. An extra way to Permafrost and maybe giving W spell vamp to make up for her lack of defensive steroids. I'm not mad she doesn't have one but it is hard to try and be relevant like Cho'Gath when you have to aim to build more defenses. Also a skin that isn't poop tier.

Sejuani is a very simple character and I like that about her. I don't have problems playing her but I don't like lowering my chances of winning because 3 people on my team thinks she's useless. She does do ok damage for a tank and SHE HAS A LONG RANGE AMUMU ULT THAT CHAINS INTO HER PERMAFROST.

cocacolalips

12-15-2012

More interaction with her boar.
Even if it's a passive gimmick thing and doesn't add much value or gameplay.
It's cool. Visually, aesthetically, and it only reinforces the idea of having a boar as partner / mount. It feels good.

example:
Passive: Her boar bites (or slaps if the target is behind) an enemy minion, champion, whatever, every 4 auto attacks. + xx damage.

Example of a similar ability already in the game:
Blitzcrank
Static Field
PASSIVE: Every 2.5 seconds, Blitzcrank fires a lightning bolt at one random nearby enemy unit, dealing magic damage to it. This is not affected by cooldown reduction, and will not target enemies in stealth.

Angelique

12-15-2012

I really hope you guys make some quality changes to her, I own all female champion except sejuani...for a reason. I play her a lot during free weeks, and just can't justify using her over other champions I have.

I do like her Q (the charge) and her ultimate (amazing aoe cc)

Things I think need to be worked on:

-Her passive slow is lackluster. (and others can exceed it with multiple item choices)

-Her mana consumption is to high. She runs out of mana quicker then all my other tanks, and it becomes a hinderance. Want to gank? Not enough mana. Could win a skirmish 1v1?...out of mana. That is not fun gameplay mechanic at all to me.

-She is a bit on the soft side for a tank, I play some of my bruisers (Shyvana and Riven) and they feel and are simply just much more durable then Sejuani early-mid game (and late game if sejuani gets shutdown)

That's all I can get off the top of my head from my experience with her.
I really like the character theme, she's cool. (get it, cause she's cold?...nvm)
I'd like to see her in a better place kit wise.

Thanks for reaching out for feedback, hope to see improvements on her in the future.

Renaito Yuujou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Hi folks,

We’re considering making some gameplay changes to Sejuani at the moment. As a result I'm looking to gather some thoughts on her current gameplay, in particular:

1. What do you like about her current kit/what would you be saddened to see changed or removed?

Feedback much appreciated, this sort of discussion's been really valuable when doing previous gameplay changes. I'll be reading through every response here, though I won't have the time to respond directly to most of the posts unfortunately. I'll also be reading through a bunch of previous Sejuani discussion threads, wanted to create a new one though to get people's impressions in light of all the recent pre-season changes.
I'd like to preface by saying that I think the new items have done a lot for several junglers. When I first played Maokai with Hunter's Machete, I was shocked that I was actually doing damage to the jungle creeps. Sej enjoys the same increased damage, and Liandry's Torment is amazing on her. The problem with LT, though, is that the recipe is a bit prohibitive for Sej, so she ends up walking around uselessly with two Spell Books and a Ruby Crystal for a while.

1: Her kit is fairly intuitive and works well with itself. Her passive has interaction with her W and E (and her Q has the same interactions). By using her abilities, her other abilities become stronger, which is how combo flow should go.

2: However, I don't really see her ultimate benefiting from the rest of her kit. It's just an icy stun tacked on without any interaction. I think her ult should have additional affects if the champions hit are frosted.

3: As others have stated, Sej is sort of classified as a tanky initiator, but to do so she has to get into melee range for maximum effect, and doing so puts her in too much danger. She just melts unless she's fed.

I'm not sure I agree with the other posters about having her W give her a defensive steroid. That's too obvious and boring. If I were to do it, I would have Permafrost apply an additional debuff to one or more stats (AD, AS, both). Her Q could have a similar but different debuff, or you could put a defensive steroid on the Q. Think about it, how are you supposed to hurt a giant boar who's ramming into you at 600 mph? Have Sej gain some amount of Armor/MR while she's charging and a few seconds after the charge ends.

Penndragon86

12-15-2012

1. Her control is really what I do not ever want to see changed. One of the reasons why I feel like she is so much fun is because she has so much CC. She is the closest champ we got to Leona in the jungle. Another part of her kit which I really like is her W scaling off of HP. I like how building health lets u be more tanky and increases ur DPS. People complain about her damage but especially now with the new item changes and the slight W buff I usually end up doing a lot of damage in my games overall. I think its because people expect her to do more damage up front (burst) and that would make her broken.

2. Her cool downs I think are probably the most frustrating thing about her kit. Like people have said before also; lack of some sort of defensive steroid somewhere.

3. Probably some of the things from my 2nd answer.

I have had some pretty strong games with her, but then I again i haven't been able to play enough with her to be 100% solid in this answer (Friend I Q with usually always jungles). I do think she is in a much better place now since everyone's clear is closer to each other then it was in season 2 (one of her weak points from before). She can clear the entire jungle at a decent speed and have enough HP to gank. Another reason why I think she is better also is because of items again. She can build straight up HP and still be pretty tanky since all the old crazy tank items are really expensive now and got nerfed. Unkillable characters really don't exist anymore (lame champs like Chogath, Olaf, Shen are now little bit easier to kill and their core items that made them unkillable either don't exist or are way more expensive and they are more offensive options to take care of them). I do think that she is really team dependent and you should be careful to any buffs you do to her. Pretty much what I am saying is she is better then what people think she is but still is not close to the top tier of junglers of this game.

Edit: another thing I forgot to add.... Her ULT is buggy. I have had it on three or so occasions completely go through champs, do nothing and go on cooldown. Also the Skill Shot range template is wrong and the ult has way more range then what it shows.

Colinsworth

12-15-2012

Honestly, I hate her passive, and the fact that her kit is built around it really turns me off. A 10% slow is barely noticeable, and it only serves as a requirement to activate Permafrost and deal extra damage on W. In fact, I would go as far as to say that her passive is actually a burden, because she has to apply it to gank anything.

Cure Ojousama

12-15-2012

I play Sejunai sparingly, but when I do I poop on people. She's a little more reliant on itemization than other champions, I feel like. I've only played one game with S3 jungle but I did much better than any game with in S2, so I'm inclined to say that things are looking up for her. I'm not sure, I'll need to play more.

1) Her ultimate is pretty good, and I also really like her W. It makes building tanky satisfying.

2) Permafrost is, like everyone else is saying, a little underwhelming as a skill. I don't really have anything new to add here, I actually like Sejuani as she is now.

3) Stronger slows on passive, or otherwise moving that passive to something else like E and giving her a new one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archyboy View Post
The boar needs to do more than just ram his face into the enemy. Would be cool if one of the auto attack animations was piercing them with his tusks.
Her critical is Bristle ramming the target.

Foolish Goat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

She feels like a weaker version of Amumu to me. Her abilities are similar but not nearly as effective all around.