Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Looking for Sejuani Feedback

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZestyChieftain

12-15-2012

She needs some sort of defensive steroid since only relying on HP to sustain you spells disaster. The Q is a cool idea, but is so lackluster. Slow missile speed, and low utility. Her ult is fine, and her E might need some work but I think it's fine. W is underestimated but maybe that's where you could put the defensive steroid.

Fuchsia

Recruiter

12-15-2012

1. What do you like about her current kit/what would you be saddened to see changed or removed?

What I love about her right now: the amount of slow that her E gives, and the idea of jumping straight in and out of the enemy while using the ulti and her Q to get in and out of the fight effectively while still needing to position yourself properly using her slow and W.

2. What do you dislike about her current kit?

Like others have said, her passive feels underwhelming for the most part. The biggest issue with her however is trying to apply her frost effectively mid game while still actually maintaining damage or utility (though this is also a by product of her cooldowns). Do I max Q to be able to actually apply frost to everything multiple times? Or do I max W or E for the damage or slow? But if I do that, then I can't actually make it worth using because the Q cooldown is too long. Late game, even if I build a large amount of CDR (especially now in Season 2), then I just die off too fast.Furthermore, her W feels underwhelming in comparison to Mundo, Amumu, or Shyvana's similar skills.

3. What would you like to see tweaked or added?

Her passive Frost needs to be buffed slightly, maybe a small increased slow as Sejuani gains levels or a slight attack speed slow.

The cooldown on her Arctic Assault needs to be rescaled so that it is shorter early game. Personally, my suggestion would be to reduce it from 19/17/15/13/11 to 15/14/13/12/11.

At this point, I'd just suggest making her W a toggleable ability at the cost of mana per second. It already has the same duration as cooldoown with max CDR, so it may be better just to make it a toggleable from the start. In addition, maybe have the bonus effect of "if an enemy is inside Northern Winds for X seconds (5, maybe?) then frost is applied". This also helps her in applying frost to multiple targets in a teamfight.

Permafrost I would also like to see rescaled, as I feel the 70% slow when maxed is what makes it a great skill. By changing the scaling from the slow amount to the duration, then it will make her early ganks better as a jungler. I feel if the scaling was changed from 30/40/50/60/70% slow to 70 at all levels and the duration changed from 3 at all levels to 1/1.5/2/2.5/3 she would feel more consistent in ganking.

The ultimate I would like to see get a missile speed increase is all. Maybe changing it to targets are left permafrosted rather than frosted, but that might be overbuffing it.

Thanks for taking the time into looking at one of my favourite champions that I can't play, I hope to see some changes to her soon.

BestCobra

12-15-2012

I play Sej quite a bit and honestly I like her how she is now but of course I hear quite a few people saying she's underpowered. If anything like I've seen a lot of others saying I would just like for her passive to do a bit more, or even completely change her passive altogether. She doesn't get any extra armor or MR from anything and she has no speed boosts, so really as a tank she doesn't hold up to a lot of others and with her passive being a slow on hit if she had the extra speed or somewhat to slow a champion that could benefit. Her passive is really my only issue with her at all though, possibly change her slow to her w so it slows everyone around her and change her passive completely to some extra armor/magic resist depending on how many champions she has slowed at the time. It would make her a bit more durable and give her better teamfight prowess.

Claptrap Bot

12-15-2012

1. What do you like about her current kit/what would you be saddened to see changed or removed?
As a whole, I like her kit, as it is cohesive, even if it is lacking. All of your basic abilities work extremely well with each other. I would be saddened to see this synergy changed or removed.

2. What do you dislike about her current kit?
Sejuani is designed as an initiator, however she lacks the tools to do it with. While her kit is good, she lacks any form of tankiness in her kit. In addition, the slow on her passive is too low.

3. What would you like to see tweaked or added?
I would like to see the passive buffed. In addition, I think that her Q should go through the champion it hits as if it's a minion or stun the champion and stop, since as of right now Sejuani just stops charging when she runs into somebody. A lower cooldown on her ultimate would be nice as well.

I would like to see some form of passive sustain or tankiness added to her kit, because she is such a good initiator and she lacks the tankiness to excel at it.

Whatheeff

12-15-2012

I've played 3 games where i did really well with sejuani in the jungle. Had good scores each game, helped all the lanes, warded, was tanky. The main problem i had was the ability to closeout the game. Maybe just player skill or not, but i felt like i didn't have enough come late game to be a threat, even with the ult.

YourPairOfSocks

12-15-2012

If I were to change her kit I'd probably make her passive a passive for her E and instead of having to hit someone first before my E is available I could use it whenever and it would have a huge radius like Trundle's Contaminate but it would only be a 10% slow so that when I hit someone with an auto attack and I hit E the oppenent I was attacking gets slowed by a large amount while everyone else on the enemy team who is close by gets slowed by a tiny bit.

If you were to give her a new passive I'd want it to give her extra Armor and Magic Resist everytime you use an ability for a short duration, and if the passive was still up when you use another move it would refresh.

Her Q is good, a gab closer that slows for 10% thanks to her passive (although if you were to change her passive then you could always just have it so that on impact it slows for 10%)

Her W is fine if you don't change the passive although if you were to change it to the passive I thought up I think it would be a good idea if it was a toggle ability like Amumu's Despair so that if someone got 40% CDR they wouldn't have an endless Armor/MR steroid.

I basicly talked about how I feel about her E when I was mentioning what to do with the passive she has now so moving on to her ultimate, I don't think it needs to be changed what so ever I think it's one of the best ultimates in the game and I'd be sad to see it go.

that's everything I have to say on my part and I hope what I said in this message helps you find out what to do with Sejuani.

Nybass

12-15-2012

Passive should scale with level. Maybe levels up every three levels and ups the slow by X% each? Or maybe her passive improves by 2% with every rank of Permafrost?

Needs a defense steroid of some kind. Even something as simple as gaining resists for X amount of seconds after using her ult.

Cyraknoss

12-15-2012

I am actually ok with most of her spells, my biggest problem with Sejuani is that for as much as she appears to be a tank she's incredibly squishy.

Alectrolytes

12-15-2012

I feel like her build path is too stiff. She shouldn't get so punished without health and cdr. Perhaps some resistance steroids will be useful. Be careful when adjusting, don't make her play too similar to Amumu.

Whatheeff

12-15-2012

Quote:
Cyraknoss:
I am actually ok with most of her spells, my biggest problem with Sejuani is that for as much as she appears to be a tank she's incredibly squishy.

This is also a good point i forgot.