Looking for Sejuani Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

blazerboy

12-15-2012

Personally, I love her ult, I've always thought of it as a different sort of take on Amumu's, but the rest of her kit is pretty meh

Gargaftaback

12-15-2012

I think she could benefit a LOT if her permafrost had an attack speed debuff added to it, a slight passive armor and mres to her Northern Winds when cast, and her passive either scale-able off ap or somesuch or just went up per level

allenhehe

12-15-2012

Hello there Riot, I don't post here often, but this thread completely caught my attention.

I am currently only a 1400s ELO player, and I have been playing LoL for a little less than a year. And, yes, Sejuani ended up being the first Jungler I bought and tried to perfect when she was on-sale way back when. I loved using her for two reasons. One, no one uses her, I wanted to be that guy that shines when he plays a champion that no one really understands and demonstrate that every champion has their own upper hand, and you just had to work to find it and get used to it. Two, She was a lot of fun to use [in my opinion, don't flame me guys I know 80% of League people think she's like boring].

I started playing ranks maybe 3 months ago, and Sejuani was always my go to jungler because I always won normals with her. My stats for her are even, but as I play more competitively, I start to see her flaws when I compare her to other tank junglers e.g. Malphite or Amumu. But I so have a history with her, so, I'd like to address your three problems, Meddler, in my very own honest opinions in hopes to give you the feedback you're looking for.

1)
- Don't change her ultimate, it's what makes Sejuani, Sejuani.
- I like her Boar.
- I really like Permafrost too, I think it's a fun little burst to use.
- Her dance... <3
- I love the fact that her ult explodes upon hitting max range... BECAUSE IF IT DIDN'T I'D LOSE A LOT MORE GAMES. :<
- I like how Q applies passive... keep that please.
- Don't make her too much fun/op!!! I don't want everyone to start using her now D;

2)
- I don't like her joke + taunt. I think they're lame and they suck. They need to be reworked :x you guys can do so much better.
- She has a pretty disgusting first 3 minutes in the jungle in my opinion. You guys did just recently up her W to last for 6 seconds, it helps a little, but I still feel she's lacking something early.
- Her Q shouldn't have a 82 second cooldown... :<
- Her E is a great skill, CC wise it provides a lot, but I don't think its AP ratios are high enough.
- ^ Same goes to her W, having it scale off %of her max hp does not exactly work...
- I think her ultimate animation is rather slow. I feel like anyone with a decent enough reaction time can easily avoid it. It's a little bias in the way I'm phrasing this... So, let me just say it's slow, when you compare it to a Malphite ult.
- I also think her Ultimate hits the front row too easily, making it REALLY difficult to land in late game team fights onto the enemy carries. Let me explain. Take Orianna's ultimate, Shockwave, for example. You can position the ball wherever you want within her ball range, and shockwave the backline of the team if you want to. Or, Malphite's ultimate, allows you to fly past the tanks and bruisers, and just hit your targets [as long as you known how to aim]. Same thing goes for Hecarim. Okay, you can say "well what about amumu?" Well I mean,you have Flash + Curse of the Sad Mummy. Which will allow you to snare whoever you want in your flash + ult radius.
Do you get what I'm getting at?
Yes you can flash Glacial prison too as Sejuani... but it's not the same because the ultimate is coming off of her, It will force me to perfectly flash pass the tanks, and then ult... It doesn't make much sense...
- Her passive, I see people complaining about it, but I mean it's not a great passive yeah, but then again a lot of other champions don't have fantastic passives. It's great for professionals who know how to move-hit, but it doesn't feel like it's enough, I will admit that.

3)
- New animations.
- Faster ultimate speed.
- Better cooldowns.
- SLIGHTLY better AP ratios... AP amumu works, AP malphite works, AP sejuani doesn't.
- Do something about her ult being too difficult to hit target champions.
- UGH GIVE HER SOME NEW SKINS FOR GODS SAKE.
- Don't make it so that, when Sejuani has her ultimate, she's a team player, but without her ult, she's a walking useless champion.

In all honest opinion, I still really like using her, if you guys didn't rework her, she'd still be one of my main junglers.

Here's evidence that she's my favorite champion...:
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...n-of-cc-224875

I hope my feedback helped you Meddler.
I also hope people don't flame my post because I'm just saying what I think.

Thank you,
Allen

MDpepper

12-15-2012

She's a bit weak early in the jungle, especially compared with other tanky junglers like Maokai and Amumu. And her passive is like a weaker version of GP's passive. I think it would be awesome if her passive lowered attack speed too, even if it's something small like 5 or 10%. Her passive would be more unique, and she'd gain survivability in the jungle. Or it could be just against monsters, but it would be a unique twist on her passive that wouldn't require any other changes.

Squizot

12-15-2012

I'm a dedicated Sej player, and think she's in a great place. My one addition to the conversation would be to say that her extended autoattack animation makes it very difficult to apply frost without hitting her Q. I'd like to see that changed more than anything.

Also, her skins aren't great.

Other than that, her squishiness for a tank is mitigated by her high damage, mobility, and awesome CC. She itemizes well.

Mr Tyton

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

I got sej a few weeks ago, and I really love her, but I don't play her much because she just feels weak.
A few things that I've noticed:

Her jungle clear is fine, tbh. I've never really run into a problem with iht unles I don't get a very strong leash so tha I have to burn through all of my health pots and can't gank. Her ganks aren't bad assuming you can land your e on them, but the problem then becomes that your damage just isn't that high.

The issue is primarily in teamfights. I love the ult, the hitbox on that thing is gigantic, and when followed up by the e does a lot of damage and continues slow/cc, but other than that... you have nothing. Your q gets stopped by the first person you hit, so you can't always hit a good ult, you aren't that tanky, and your damage isn't high at all. You just kinda go in, derp around a bit and die, unless you're insanely fed. It just feels like you don't do much at all.

Her passive doesn't really fell like it exists, too be honest. 10% is not much at all, even if it applies on autos. I realize that the reason it is so small is because it can be rather easy to apply, but there are many times that you just can't, and then your e is useless, and that even when you do, it doesn't do much at all.

There have been some suggestions that state 'if your w is on them, then it applies frost' and I really like that suggestions. I also feel like her w could give bonus armor/mr while it's active - not too much so that it becomes like rengar, but a small amount would help.

Her primary issue I feel is that if she builds pure tank, then she's good for pretty much only her ult, then does nothing. If she builds damage (liandrys, rylais) then she doesn't live long enough to actually do any damage. If she builds a mix (with things like sunfire, abyssal, liandrys, etc) then she just doesn't do enough of either to be that great.

Also, it just feels like her q is on way too high of a cooldown. It's her primary move spell, but you don't really want to max it first (because of the lack of damage again), but compare it to shaco - the CD is 8 more seconds at rank 1 and a lot less useful for moving around (4.5 seconds if you exclude the stealth). It's just way too high to be able to move around effectively, it feels.

She also moves really slowly if she's not using her q.

StealthyWaffle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

I feel her kit really doesn't need work. She just needs buff on AP/Health ratios and a buff/change to her passive

I play sej alot

Skullyhead

Adjudicator

12-15-2012

I don't know what would make Sejuani "viable" or anything, I just enjoy her kit. Here's the things I like about Sejuani.

Whenever I get into a teamfight, I usually stick with the enemy AD carry and there are only 2 ways of stopping me. By killing me or by CCing the living everything out of me. Her kit makes sure I can stick to whatever champion I want. When they run away, I'll just run beside them. I think this is unique on this champion and I think it should stay that way. Other junglers just have a lot of roots and stuns, but Sejuani has slows. LOTS of slows.

For those that played DotA, Sejuani reminded me of a passive that Omniknight had. It slowed everyone who was near you. If you could catch up to someone, the whole team could catch up.

Thanks for looking into Sejuani. I hope she'll remain enjoyable to play in the future.

Dreampod

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Hi folks,

We’re considering making some gameplay changes to Sejuani at the moment. As a result I'm looking to gather some thoughts on her current gameplay, in particular:

1. What do you like about her current kit/what would you be saddened to see changed or removed?

2. What do you dislike about her current kit?

3. What would you like to see tweaked or added?

Feedback much appreciated, this sort of discussion's been really valuable when doing previous gameplay changes. I'll be reading through every response here, though I won't have the time to respond directly to most of the posts unfortunately. I'll also be reading through a bunch of previous Sejuani discussion threads, wanted to create a new one though to get people's impressions in light of all the recent pre-season changes.
1. What do I like?

-Boaring through walls
-Gamechanging ults

2. What do I dislike about her kit?

-Too many slows which are pretty ineffective at actually protecting your team or avoiding getting kited. Slows on everything crowds out other utility/defense in her abilities. Her different abilities don't feel distinct because they are just slow, slow, and more slow.
-That her abilities all require managing Frost but rather than being rewarded for doing so they just reach the level of everyone elses abilities that don't require management.
-Her Northern Winds health scaling is based on ability level unlike EVERY OTHER ability scaling in the game and forces you to level it first because it is her only damage ability
-She can't threaten the back line because her only mobility gets stopped by hitting the enemy frontline.
-Her AP ratios are very mediocre so her only damaging build is to stack health for Northern Winds.
-Despite all her slows she isn't very sticky and still has to buy Frozen Mallet or Rylai's Scepter.
-She is extremely blue buff dependent for jungling because she chugs through mana like a...well...pig.

3. What would I like to see tweaked or added?

-Primarily I would like her passive to provide a meaningful effect on its own (maybe significantly increased slow, maybe a attack speed reduction) and give her abilities that combo with Frost more impact when comboed to reward the difficulty of usefully managing Frost.
-Full 3% of max health scaling on Northern Winds at every ability rank to allow more diverse ability builds
-Her early game and jungle improved so that she doesn't fall so far behind that she can never actually get to her late game fun state.
-I think giving her passive a real slow (so she could avoid buying items to be sticky) and turning Permafrost into a 0.6-1.2second AoE root (double duration on Frosted Targets) would prevent the enemy from moving the same distance as the slow did but also pin them down from flashes/dashes/leaps/etc that currently allow them significant movement which bypasses the slow.

GdGnkGrtGnk

12-15-2012

I love the frostbite mechanic.
i like the dash and its utility in jungles
i dont like her ultimate.

i would like to see three levels of frost and her abilities retooled towards this.
combine W and E. cast W to start and then end either at end of cooldown or by reactivation.
make her ultimate a smaller cooldown and far less powerful and put that on E
make a new ult that takes advantage of having frost and perma frost on things