Looking for Sejuani Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mirage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post

1. What do you like about her current kit/what would you be saddened to see changed or removed?

2. What do you dislike about her current kit?

3. What would you like to see tweaked or added?

As an avid Sejuani fan, i even played her mid in s2 when everyone realized spell pen OP. I have a lot of insight into this.

1.) I like the fact that her kit allows her to essentially be, an AP bruiser. We don't have AP Bruisers in this game because of scaling, and base damages usually being a real pain in the dick.

2.) I dislike her lack of innate tankyness. You're forced to build really hard tank or be rather squishball. I know, this makes it really hard to balance between is she too tanky base wise, will people just stack mpen or bruiser ad items? It's all about finding the right balance, I just feel she lacks beefyness.

3.) Tweaked or added? I would love to see as I said, she needs more natural tankyness. (Higher per level scaling on HP and AR would be great, (her MR/lvl cant be touched or else ill just play her mid every game stacking mpen) I want her ult hit detection fixed a lot too though, if I decide I wanna go all in on someone, I usually Dive in, with my W on, E them, the just as the E slow wears off I through ult. But if you're too close to them, the ult goes through them usually.

edit: cooldowns too riotpls. they're so long.

TheJapitalian

12-15-2012

Fix her passive, cooldowns, overall tankiness, and her "Frost" application (tenacity makes it laughable). Even some scaling fixes would be great as well. Maybe HP scaling on all abilities?

Watafool

12-15-2012

She doesn't need a shield or some sort of armor/mr boost from abilities/passive. She has the second highest base armor in the game at level 1, ending at level 18 with 83.5 (the highest is 90).

I play her in the jungle all the time and I do fine.

I use armor reds and yellows. Mspd quints. Mr/lvl glyphs. 0/21/9 masteries.

I take Smite and Ghost for summoner spells.

I max E>Q>W>R, with the first 6 levels being W>Q>E>E>E>R

I usually get Boots of Swiftness and Spirit of the Ancient Golem as my first two items. Tenacity and Movement Slowing Reduction help her keep on her target(s), while giving her bonus health for her W, as well as health and mana regen for the jungle.

After her initial clear, she moves through the jungle camps at pretty extreme speeds.

By the time she's level 6 it's very easy to gank lanes.

Of course she's susceptible to counter jungling, but by no means is she easy to kill. Her Q allows her to dash over walls with ease to escape.

Now to answer your questions!

• What do you like about her current kit/what would you be saddened to see changed or removed?

Her Q, E, and R are great.

Q is great for initiating/escaping.

E is great for slowing.

R is strong all around. Easy to hit with, very strong effect.

I can't see any of these changing or being taken away from her kit.
  • What do you dislike about her current kit?

Her W is a little boring and doesn't require any thought or add to her kit other than providing damage.
  • What would you like to see tweaked or added?
I would like to see her W changed. Though end game it deals a lot of damage, especially with health being easier to acquire (thanks to changes/additions of items and health being cheaper), it's kind of a press it and forget it move. It's similar to Amumu's tears, but with amumu you have to pay attention to your mana and turn it off. With Sejuani, her W doesn't require any attention.

I think it could give a little more to her kit. For instance, her W could increase the time a target has the Frost debuff if it has already been applied (similar to Shyvana's W duration increasing while she auto attacks), or just keep frost applied as long as they are near her. She wouldn't be able to apply frost with her W however.

Frost is applied for 3 seconds from her auto attack, Q or ult, then when an enemy is near Sejuani with NW on, the frost will stay on them until they move away from her for 1 second, at which point the debuff will wear away. The only part that would need tweaking would be how permafrost interacts with this, since permafrost consumes the frost debuff. Perhaps NW could reapply Frost from the permafrost debuff?

This keeps nearby enemies slowed, and gives Sej more reason to stay on her targets, and for nearby enemies to fear her/to want to escape her other than just damage. This also makes up for her lack of defensive steroid by giving a reason to stay away from her, other than damage.

s1h0k

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

The cd on her ultimate and her q are very long and when they are not up she can't engage and apply frost to champions, her passive is weak as well and very redundant. The main problem though seams to be her health and armor. She gets torn apart by just about anyone through out the entire game and even if she could strait up 1v1 a champion she would get kited to hell and back because every champion has a dash or jump which is on a shorter cd than her q or has more range than her q or both; usually both. She does seam to do alot better in the new jungle though, because she can farm until 6 relatively easily, but shes still weak without blue and buying cd items means she will probably just get blown up in team fights and can result in dieing when ganking strong champions (i.e. darius, riven, ka'hzix will probably just 1v2 with very little risk when she ganks if they are ahead).

DJANGO UNCHAINED

12-15-2012

1. What do you like about her current kit/what would you be saddened to see changed or removed?

I like her AOE stun ultimate. It's what makes her viable in my opinion and feels very rewarding to use.

Arctic Assault is SLOW. It just feels that way. Maybe a travel speed increase? Or a short range increase? I also think Arctic Assault could use a 1-second cooldown reduction on each rank.

Frost is underwhelming. I think it should work based off a stack system. See below.

Frost passive should stack up like Kennen's Mark of the Storm or Twitch's Expunge.

Permafrost could stun everyone in range after a certain amount of Frost stacks, similar to Kennen's Mark of the Storm.

Alternatively, Permafrost can stun people for a certain duration based on how many stacks are on the target, similar to Twitch's Expunge.

Mateus Fofao

12-15-2012

Ultimate: Love it. But I feel as a melee character she should be a bit tankier and perhaps have a bit more CC besides just slows. (non-ulti)

Stitchz

12-15-2012

Please don't change Sejuani shes my favorite champion, she is probably slightly weak early game, but mid-late game i really start to see her shine. I think her ability scaling is just fine where it is, although she could maybe use some buffs to base stats.

Nixzilla

12-15-2012

1. Cant do much without a team to back her up.
2. Cant do much without her ult.
3. Really squishy for a tank.
4. Qs cooldown feels like it shouldn't be that long but that may just be me.

Esteris

12-15-2012

My 2 cents.

Her kit seems to be fine, her slows are good as opposed to a stun. I wouldn't like to see her Northen Winds ability be nerfed because that is her real source of damage. The health scale seems pretty reasonable and would be considered OP if changed higher.

Her kit's damage is mostly focused around AP but Northen Winds is health based. Even though the new shop build is mostly around AP based. However, I follow the old build on her when she was released. I have a few pictures below for details of the outcome.

As a result most part is to get tank items that have stamina. I feel that her Northern Winds is the only ability worth powering up first and it increases effective health, I tend to get as much resistance gear that comes with health and always build a Warmog. Different champions require different builds or different tweaks.

As a result of stamina building, Permafrost, Arctic Assault and Glacial Prison do almost no damage; but I wonder if this was intended because I can't see any useful way to lane with this kit. Each ability mostly focus on doing a sort of burst AoE damage which can push a lane to much even if you want to just get a last hit. So her laning is pretty much out of the question. Going support would make her to squishy.

I think all of her damage from abilites should scale off her health, but that is just me. When she casts Northen Winds though, she should get a slight armor and magic resistance buff though. This kinda of prevents her from ganking lanes unless you plan on ganking at level 2 or 3 (3 is the best for early) when she has health. I usually buy some extra health pots from when I come back to buy before I have Warmongs because if she has a high health regen, she can be out in the field more.

Rune Build
3 Greater Gold Quintessences of Gold
9 Greater Mark of Armor
9 Greater Seal of Scaling Armor
9 Greater Glyph of Scaling Magic Armor

Switchsquatch

12-15-2012

I like the synergy in her kit. It all flows together perfectly. I think that her skills are fine how they are designed and just need some number tweaks. I would hate to see such good synergy removed to try to improve her.

I feel like her slow does less than nothing. I can not tell you how many time I have tried to gank someone and done all of my slows on them and be auto attacking them and they walk away faster than me. It happens with every champion, her slow does less than nothing. It seems to speed her opponents up.

I would like to see her E root people affected with frost and damage everyone around her regardless if they have frost on them. I would like to see her W time increased again (maybe a toggle on/off thing.) And increase her slow please please please. Just enough to make sure that opponents don't get slowed by one auto attack and I can't auto them again because they are running faster than me.