Looking for Sejuani Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kalarepa

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
1. What do you like about her current kit/what would you be saddened to see changed or removed?

2. What do you dislike about her current kit?

3. What would you like to see tweaked or added?
1) Permafrost.

2) Cooldowns. Look at Amumu, he's got like no cooldowns on W and E, which makes him do much more damage than Sejuani. She's also a bit too squishy

3) Buff her slows. Especially, her passive is too weak, 10% slow with low AS and movement speed? Hard to chainslow someone with that, like Skarner or Mundo can do.
She could also have some resist buff on W and a bit lower cooldowns.

SlayerZ

12-15-2012

1) Sejuani's ult is what makes her Sejuani, don't take that away from her.

2) Other people's "frost" slow (Ashe/Anivia) does not apply her E in the way that Teemo/Singed's poison proc's Cassiopeia's E.

Her W does not apply frost (but I guess it can't due to the way her W's secondary effect).

Her passive is poop.

3) What if Sejuani's ult can be casted past champions rather than first champion it hits?

Wagasaki

12-15-2012

Her Q has an insanely long cooldown and i do not like how the only way she can apply her passive to large amounts of enemies is with either Q or R. Also, her ult is a bit odd when compared with mummy's. i realize they are different champs that excel in different areas, but the main champ hit with sej's ult is still stunned less than anyone caught in mummy's ult. Now, i do not own her and she hasnt been free yet in S3 so i cannot speak for how she feels now, but i liked her in S2. She had great damage and tankiness and utility when going top lane. So, i like her as a champion but to recap, what i personally would like to see would be Decreased CD (maybe increase in range) on her Q and some other way to apply her passive in an AoE.

Jhey

12-15-2012

1. What do you like about her current kit/what would you be saddened to see changed or removed?

I love her sticking power with Permafrost, and how Northern Winds can make her a real threat. Itemization for her is also really nice, so I would be upset if her health scaling went away. Her ult is also very satisfying to hit. Overall I think her kit is great as is, she just needs some usability/QoL tweaks.

Everything in her is reliant on applying her passive, and in a team fight, the only way to make good use of this is with her charge and ult, both of which are on a long cooldown. A better way to make use of these abilities would be nice.

I saw a suggestion a bit ago about her passive being applied when she is attacked, which I think would do away with most of her problems and wouldn't make her overpowered. Shortening her charge cooldown could also be good but you may need to be careful about it making her too sticky.

thepantsparty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

Most tanks work by either 1) having survivability included somewhere in their kit so they can build some damage without being too squishy or 2) have so much cc or utility in their kit that they can build pure defense while still being useful to their team. She doesn't really have either of these things - none of her abilities increase her survivability so it all has to come from items, and she doesn't have enough hard cc or utility that she can be useful without building damage.

Amélie Poulain

12-15-2012

meddler i love you you are my favorite designer pls keep making more champions pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post

1. I like how her passive has some cohesion with her skills (frost application/multiplication) and also works with Ashe. I like her dash, and her ultimate. They're neat. Unfortunately Sejuani is in such a bad spot that, for the sake of playability, I would not care one bit to see any of these things go.

2. Her passive sucks. Like, really, 10% slow on a melee champion with short range? How random is that? The rest of her kit is OK, imo, but since you're making changes, try to make it more interesting. She doesn't need a recolor of Shyvana's W. Try to make her more unique.

3. Add more interactions with her passive and other skills. Whee. Also, new passive please. You can do so much better than what she has now.

ty meddler for reading this post (if you read it omg omgomgogmgomg)<3333333333333333333333333333333333

ILU<3

Sokar468

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

I'm not sure why people think Sejuani deals no damage. She deals great damage for a tank, but she needs some kind of defensive steroid to help her tank/clear the jungle in the early game. Right now, she is too item dependent to do her job, whereas most tanks have some way of protecting themselves before their items start rolling in.

Maybe adding an effect to her Frost passive, "Enemies affected by Frost deal 10% less damage to Sejuani" or something of the sort.

Personally, I love her overall kit and feel. I like her mobility, her AoE damage, her amazing ult... she just needs a little more survivability.

Meddler

Lead Champion Designer

12-15-2012
2 of 38 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossingol View Post
You should probably also look at the "Hi, I'm Sejuani and I need to be sent back to the Drawing Board" topic on GD for more information, as they all go quite into depth there.
I'm working my way through that thread as we speak, there's definitely a bunch of good discussion in there.

Bullettime7

12-15-2012

Sejuani is very team reliant due to only having the single hard CC via her ultimate and is very squishy relative to many other tanks due to lack of a defensive steroid. This puts her in a strange spot where she needs to build heavy defense in order to stay alive, but then has little damage or personal sticking power.

She doesn't necessarily need a defensive steroid but she needs something there in her kit to encourage using her over Amumu or even Nautilus who share the exact same niche role as Sejuani; AP CC gank tank. Some recommend building her like an AP bruiser but because of again, that lack of steroid, she gets melted and won't deal enough damage there either.

But to address your direct questions

1. I love her overall theme and the ice tank/slowing bit. Changing her ultimate would be a mistake. It fits perfect.

2. I dislike her lack of sticking power due to the lengthy cooldown on Permafrost relative to the duration and her pitiful slow on her passive. I also dislike her current Arctic Assault mechanics where it stops on champion hit, making Sejuani not able to charge into the middle of the fray and get Permafrost active on the team. I also dislike her reliance on CDR for engagements due to such heavy dependence on her ultimate and how weak and inconsistent she feels. Amumu and Nautilus can grab and CC someone to lock them down even without ultimate which makes them feel more consistent early game.

Sejuani is a champion who no matter how fed she gets, can't really carry a game as the champion who's supposed to be that heavy CC control tank can't actually control people with as many gap openers, slows, hard CCs, blinks, etc exist in the game and her long cooldowns early-mid game, while not being able to build higher damage output without substantially gimping survivability. She's strong when her ultimate is ready but after...that's all she has.

3. I would like to see her Arctic Assault travel the full duration (it could be worked like Hecarim's ulti, traveling and damaging to the location) as to allow her to get Permafrost active on the backline. Slowing the tank with his Swiftness boots and Masteries doesn't do much good and this would give her stronger ganking and small skirmish opportunity which would help her engaging power immensely in the early game when she has such a long cooldown on her ultimate and little to no CDR yet to reduce that.

I would also like to see her get better sticking power through possibly a scaling passive. She's so heavily dependent on CDR to have any sticking power to a target and even then, it only buys her a brief second or two.

Raizen Toshin

12-15-2012

I like her kit and with the new s3 changes I feel she is way better the changes she needs most I think are her base stats need some buffing and she needs to be more naturally tanky imo.