Looking for Sejuani Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Winterheart

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

Nothing. She is perfect, powerful, and benefitted a lot from the s3 jungle

Don't nerf my main.

Nofgob

12-15-2012

She feels fine now, I don't know about these people saying she does no damage and is worthless outside of her ult. My team jungler has found (and has used this in solo queue as well) that building items such as sunfire cape, liandris and abyssal on her as core items gives her crazy damage output. That coupled with her e makes her very effective at skirmishes in which she doesn't need to use her ult to kill other champs. This also helps her farming as she is tanky from the defensive stats of these items and has a ton of hp. He also builds spirit of the golem on her now as well to stack armor and hp along with the sunfire which helps boost her w dmg.

tl;dr using items that complement with her kit makes her feel pretty damn good.

Silent Hero

12-15-2012

FIX SEJUANI'S PASSIVE. >_<

It so weak.

And buff her base stats, make her tankier.

Kruor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

1. What do you like about her current kit/what would you be saddened to see changed or removed?
Pretty much everything, she's not that far off.

2. What do you dislike about her current kit?
She's can't gank anyone with cleanse or cc removal/immunity like Morgana or Garen because she's so reliant on her passive, which is weak to begin with. Also, she gets shredded by carries for most of the game. Finally, the cooldown on her Q is really long, though its range is great.

3. What would you like to see tweaked or added?
It's probably too much to ask for Frost and Permafrost to work on attack speed as well as move speed, but it feels like that would help a lot. Frost also needs to be separated into two components: the mark for her other skills to work with and the slow.

If she's supposed to be a tank, then she needs to have more defensive or lockdown tools. If she's just a bruiser, then she's pretty good already. My biggest issue with her right now is that not only can she not stop champions like Yi and Olaf from hurting her team, almost all of her damage gets nullified against them as well since they aren't affected by her passive.

Grigmir

12-15-2012

She occupies the same space as Amumu/Naut but is just outclassed by both of them in nearly every way.

The main issue I see with her is the passive and her cooldowns. Q and E have massive CDs at rank 1 and can't be leveled first if you want to jungle effectively. Her passive primarily exists so you can activate permafrost for an actual slow which makes me wonder why frost doesn't do anything other than slow (or alternatively, stack). Making frost damage or debuff your target and permafrost the actual slow (as it is currently) could probably make Sejuani feel a lot more useful.

lemonchief

12-15-2012

Sejuani is a bad tank as is. There are very obvious reasons for this. I would say that essentially tanks can be dominant in one of two qualities: either they are extraordinarily tanky, due to a large deal of cc, typically in combination with defense steroids (like Leona or Rammus) or they are tanks that, while tanky, can still deal a fair amount of damage, like Amumu.

The problem with Sejuani is that she can't do either of these things--she is stuck in this very uncomfortable middle ground that just leaves her unplayable. I personally feel as though the easiest fix would be to incorporate a defense steroid on one of her skills, with northern winds being probably the easiest one to do so on, as it already has a duration, noticeable animation, and would logically make sense (ice shards and things flying around her, increasing armor/mr or something like this).

In addition to this, I would also like for her scaling to be completely based off of maximum hp, instead of AP, as it is now. Not only is her scaling terrible, but building any AP item her is a complete waste, even ones designed with tanks in mind, such as Abyssal Scepter. Her abilities don't need to scale that well, as I think her cc and AOE damage potentials are good, but if they scaled off of one factor that she would normally build, like health, she wouldn't just be a frozen mallet riding a boar.

The last thing that I think she needs is that her permafrost needs to be significantly easier to apply. Maybe make northern winds apply the debuff, as well as her AA. As of now, if you miss with your charge (which has a relatively long CD) you are essentially useless in every capacity, and that is a big problem--especially since her initiation doubles as her escape mechanism.

So, in short: give her a tanking steroid on one of her abilities, make permafrost easier to apply, and make her abilities scale off of one attribute.

I actually genuinely enjoy playing Sejuani--she's incredibly fun to play as is, but she falls short in every category of what a tank should be. These changes would help her in the jungle, also, and would probably make it so that she could be a viable support as well--less likely but still a possibility. Keep her kit the same, just improve upon what you already have.

La Belle Monstre

12-15-2012

I picked up Sej when I first wanted to get into jungling. While she is very fun she has a lot of drawbacks and shortcomings that keep her from doing much for her team besides throwing in an ult and trying to be disruptive. She is defined by her ult and people don't give any note to the rest of her kit.

Another tank who is defined by their ult is certainly Amumu, but he can still do a decent chunk of damage with tantrum and his tears and has natural tankiness.

I've frequently thought of ways to help Sej and I suppose this is the best way have my ideas put on display and critiqued.

Let's look at her kit and the changes that could greatly help her.

First off, her passive. It has great potential but without proper runes (MS quints and AS marks) it's hard to do her job of sitting on someone and soft CCing them forever as she is fairly slow already. This leaves very little room for experimentation if you want to be effective with setting her up. If it was buffed to 15-20% would make her job more effective and give her better pre-six ganks.

Her Q is fantastic, it's one of my favorite abilities in the game, it has so many uses. It applies her passive, moves her around faster, functions as a pseudo-flash, it's just great.

Her W is subpar. It does small amounts of damage and even with the buff to its damage it leaves just a little damage left to deal to jungle creeps. It does add up in team fights but over all there are other tanks with better AoE damage.
If it functioned somewhat like Naut's W where she activates it do deal AoE damage and gain a shield would help her lack of natural tankiness or perhaps like Garen's where it gives a passive buff to her defensive stats.
This is one of her abilities that should be reworked or looked at if any where. At the moment it seems very out of place on a tank as it's a pure damage ability with no form of utility or disruption.

Her E is great, but it is severely limited by the requirement that the target be affected by her passive. Q>E is the common initiation that doesn't use her ult but only leaves them slowed for 3 seconds. While it is one of the most powerful slows in the game and can guarantee kills if used while they're really out of position it could use a little work.
One way to buff it would do something like this: In an area around Sejuani all enemy champions are affected by permafrost, slowing their movement speed by 40% for a flat amount of time and dealing a small amount of magic damage. Minions, neutral monsters, and champions affected by frost are dealt double damage and are slowed for 80% with the duration of the slow increasing with rank. This would help her ganking, chasing, and disruption abilities while rewarding the use of her frost and not locking out the use of one of her abilities if she is unable to get a hit in on someone.

Her R is what defines Sejuani as a champion and is very good. While I wouldn't mind a buff to the AoE stun around the target to a longer duration it would basically just be a ranged Amumu ult with a slow tacked on. This would be problematic as at least Amumu needs to go into the middle of a team to stun them all while Sej only needs to hit a skillshot. Her ult is very strong already and I think it's fine as is.

Her playstyle seems to be an aggressive, ganking jungler who brings large amounts of slows and an amazing ult to the table while also serving as a damage sponge. Outside of 3 seconds of permafrost her slow is very weak and she is surprisingly squishy for a tank. A buff to her base defensive stats would help her early jungle game while some sort of way to scale off of building defensive items that isn't pure damage would greatly increase her ability to be a tank for her team. Overall I feel she has the making of being a fantastic champion but her surprising squishiness and lack of consistent soft CC hurts her game.

Thanks for reading, I appreciate your time! ^^

Nodonn

12-15-2012

1. What do you like about her current kit/what would you be saddened to see changed or removed?

Her ultimate. It's flat out amazing and really defines her kit and her as a champion.

Two things:

1. Her passive is weak almost to the point of not even being noticed. 10% slow is nearly nothing.

2. Her abilities synergys feel forced to the point of being detrimental to her kit. Her E CANNOT be used unless her passive is applied. This is flat out terrible as if she can't apply the passive for whatever reason her E just sits there being useless. Her W does very little damage unless they have the passive applied, once again meaning unless her passive is up on a person she's weak.

Further, her cooldowns are very long. I understand that boar charge is a strong ability, but its cooldown is pretty insane even among gap closers. I cannot think of any gap closer with a longer cooldown (look at Amumu whose grab is lower than Sej's charge).

I would like to see something extra added to her passive. Maybe make it stack the more times she hits a champion, or maybe make her champion tankier. Or if she is pushed more towards an AP bruiser role maybe make it apply a damage DoT. Just something to make it better, it's very weak atm.

I would like to see her other abilities have some use on people who her passive is not applied to. Maybe make her E slow everyone around her and then if they have her passive freeze them in place; make it do SOMETHING when her passive isn't on a champion, because otherwise she essentially one ability short.

Also maybe look into her cooldowns. Her cooldowns are very long when compared to similar abilities on other tanky champions. Amumu and Naut are good comparisons. Both have similar move sets yet have lower cooldowns.

Yfrappefort

12-15-2012

Can you make the same post for a Teemo rework? Thanks.

TheWondermonkey

12-15-2012

It feels really good to initiate with Sejuani. I throw my ult out, dash in, and peel bruisers off my ADC or stick to a high priority target.

I feel kinda useless once I get into a fight. I do a bunch of aoe damage, but the 10% slow feels worthless.

Some sort of way of focusing damage on a single enemy, or a way of sustaining a greater disable on a particular target. Something like making her AA slow scale with level.