Looking for Sejuani Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deitrix

12-16-2012

Let me throw my 2 cents in here, since I really like Sej and would love to see her viable. (She's one of the first 6300 champs I bought)

1. What do you like about her current kit/what would you be saddened to see changed or removed?

I like her concept... a tanky CC machine that leaps into the fray and slows everyone, before picking one target and sticking to them like mad as she slowly beats them to death. I like her fluff too. She's supposed to be a champ who puts herself through hell to build up a nearly inhuman level of durability, endurance and strength.

2. What do you dislike about her current kit?

I dislike that her training seems to have been for nothing. On paper, she's not terribly tanky, and can't do much damage despite her amazonian build, giant spiked weapon and huge-tusked mount. Her sole source of damage is usually her aura. Her ult is amazing, but unfortunately it's all she's got. Her other skill are all front-loaded... used immediately to get into the fray, dropped all at once and then you just plod around until your aura shuts off, unable to influence the fight much unless you're inside AA range of someone you want to slow. That slow is pretty meaningless too unless you have permafrost ready to use.

3. What would you like to see tweaked or added?

I'd like to see Sej taken more towards a supporting tank or AP bruiser role. Her ult is fine and rewarding, making you feel GOOD for landing that skill shot. Her aura is ok, but could use a minor tweak, like perhaps becoming a toggle ability, lowering attack speed slightly like a weaker frozen heart or shredding armor or MR per second. Her charge is fine for initiating, so I can't see changing it much. Permafrost is also nice, but as it only works on frosted players, it really only hurts RIGHT after her charge, then it's likely she can only use it on the ONE person she's hitting with her attacks.

Maybe a change in passive could fix things. What if her passive simply applied frost and a 10% slow to all foes around her no matter what? It could raise to 12% and 15% as you leveled, perhaps. You'd need to tweak the damage on her aura, perhaps having it do it's extra damage if the target is permafrosted instead of just frosted... or it could just be a set-damage toggle ability. Permafrost would become a small AoE that would hit everyone within Sej's frost range and slow them a lot, and it would be more useful as you could re-use it and catch multiple people if you were lucky enough to keep them all close to you. It would make Sej an amazing ganker and good at disrupting teamfights, as standing in a clump around her would be a BAD IDEA.

Her charge might need to be changed, since one of it's big perks is that it applies frost to everyone it hits, but I doubt it'd need to be changed much. Perhaps just a slight increase in it's range, or a decrease in it's cooldown or it's mana-cost would do it. Heck, you could leave it as is and the rest of her kit would still be strong enough to make her a lot more popular. She'd be a tanky jungler with powerful ganks and the ability to be very disruptive in teamfights, not unlike mumu and Malph.

But yeah... just my 2 cents.

CragBlade

12-16-2012

Her passive is incredibly weak
Her base damages are incredibly low
Her base stats need tweaking
The speed of her Q and Ult need to be quicker

Id really like her to get AS slows rather than some defensive steroid or shield to be completely honest. It feels like it would make her not only unique, but AS slows would fit with her kit better.

Proof I know what Im talking about:

acosn

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Hi folks,

We’re considering making some gameplay changes to Sejuani at the moment. As a result I'm looking to gather some thoughts on her current gameplay, in particular:

1. What do you like about her current kit/what would you be saddened to see changed or removed?

Feedback much appreciated, this sort of discussion's been really valuable when doing previous gameplay changes. I'll be reading through every response here, though I won't have the time to respond directly to most of the posts unfortunately. I'll also be reading through a bunch of previous Sejuani discussion threads, wanted to create a new one though to get people's impressions in light of all the recent pre-season changes.
1: She's the hardest character to disengage from in the game, or at least one of them. I wouldn't change that.

2: W's scaling seems poor when you consider Amumu has both an AP ratio, and has it scaling to a percentage of his target's HP. I'm not asking for that, but Sej's DPS as a jungler is uninspiring. Not that I'm asking for a major DPS buff. It just seems like either the top tier tank oriented jungles need a knock on the head, or Sej needs a hand out.

3: There should be a way to cast E without having permafrost stacks on her target, but there should be a good reason to wait for them.

Suda

12-16-2012

Quote:
Hi folks,

We’re considering making some gameplay changes to Sejuani at the moment. As a result I'm looking to gather some thoughts on her current gameplay, in particular:

Feedback much appreciated, this sort of discussion's been really valuable when doing previous gameplay changes. I'll be reading through every response here, though I won't have the time to respond directly to most of the posts unfortunately. I'll also be reading through a bunch of previous Sejuani discussion threads, wanted to create a new one though to get people's impressions in light of all the recent pre-season changes.
remove the pig or female you only can choose one.

naw im joking

IT has to be the chracter model I have to be honest because people are still playing malzahar and master yi ffs

SpankyJ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2012

Her Ult should stay, I think its fine..

She needs more mobility/speed. For being on a mount she is very very slow.

Her AOE radius dmg feels like a bad version of Shyvanas... Need a different ability.

Darkomantis

12-16-2012

Quote:
Hi folks,

1. Sold Sejuani a while ago due to her being a bit lackluster but what had made Sejuani tick for me is her Northern Winds skill. It always felt satisfying using the skill when jungling and in team-fights. If this skill was nerfed or removed then I would feel really bad about Sejuani since this is her signature move for me besides her ultimate.

2a. Sejuani's Arctic Assault feels very odd due to not being able to "rush" to a target location. Colliding to the first champion you encounter is very annoying and frustrating at times since the other team's tank will be blocking the way. A neat idea that others suggested would be to make other champions have a small knock aside similar to Draven's Knock Aside(I think she already does this when it comes to minions) and also the ability to rush to a location instead of hitting the first person near you(helps with escaping/chasing).

3. I would like to see her passive and/or Permafrost tweaked. Frost and Permafrost gives her chasing power but it's actually what is bringing her down from being a great tank. She needs a better debuff and new defensive steroid attached to her kit because in team-fights Sejuani offers no disruptions besides her ultimate and is really squishy. Maybe the added champion knock aside will make her bring a bit more disruption and a shield attached to her kit.

PVPMaiMai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2012

All I ask is that you keep her charge and ultimate.

Russoboo

12-16-2012

Quote:

1. I like Northern Winds and that's pretty much it.

2. Frost feels really weak on its own, plus has a difficult to notice particle so it can be hard to properly trigger Permafrost. Arctic Assault's cooldown feels really high. Glacial Prison is cool in concept, but is more similar to Ashe's ult than to Amumu or Galios insofar as being a strong initiation tool. She doesn't have the peel, damage, or durability to properly compete with other tanks.

3. Bumped base Frost slow, lowered cooldowns and mana costs across the board, either a boost to innate armor or a defensive steroid so the jungle doesn't shred her to pieces, give Arctic Assault a knockback or a root effect, go to flat rather than scaling ratio on health for Northern Winds.

ArkofIce

12-16-2012

I have a lot of Sejuani games under me (more than most at least). She's my number one champion and I use her exclusively when I jungle. She doesn't need any actual buff's as opposed to tweaks to her individual skills to make her kit a bit more cohesive. I'll explain below.

Her Q:

The biggest issue with her Q isn't the cool-down, that's manageable, the problem is with how it interacts with champions. It stops when it collides with a champion and that's the problem.

Without her ult, the only way to apply her permafrost to groups of champions is with her Q. Unfortunately, when I see a group of enemies that I want to boardoze in with Q, I can't because when I hit a champion I'm totally boar-blocked. I end up only able to frost 1 or 2 champs at most with it and it's really frustrating and makes it feel very underwhelming.

Her Q needs to function like Draven's "Stand Aside". I want to jump in, pushing everyone out of my way as I go and frosting them (kind of like how it interacts with creeps currently). I feel like this gives her more power without actually giving her more power.

TL;DR: Let her Q push through champions like Draven's "Stand Aside" or like how it does minions. Cool down not an issue.

Her W:

I initially liked the increase of her W duration because it's essentially a 20% increase in damage. Then I immediately disliked it.

The problem with this change is that unless I get a full W off on someone, it's really not that much better. It helps in the jungle because monsters don't run, but when I'm ganking, and I'm able to hit someone with 3 seconds of my W before they get away (flash, or go under tower), then the W buff didn't help at all. It does the same amount of damage.

Unless you hit with the entire duration, the W increase is almost irrelevant outside the jungle.

I think a better direction to take would be to scale the time back down to 5 seconds, and instead apply an MR debuff every second that hits (Like Morgana's W). So the longer she sticks to them, the more it does with each tick of damage.

This makes sticking to them feel sooo much more rewarding and brings in some utility that other champions can capitalize on. This way it still does the same amount of damage in the jungle (approx.) but is more beneficial in ganks and team fights due to the MR shredding.

I want to feel rewarded for sticking to someone other then just apply a flat amount of damage for a while.

TL;DR: Scale it back to 5 seconds, add MR debuff like Morg W. Gives same damage as 6 seconds but more team fight utility.

Her E:

Her E is in a pretty good spot if her Q is edited like I mentioned above. However, if you want to do something with it that would be interesting, you could do something when you use E, those who are hit with E do 50% damage to non-permafrosted enemies in a small AOE around them (Like Ryze ult). I don't know how I feel about that since E is already pretty good, but might be good to get a little bit of damage on those who you can't get permafrosted.

Her R:

Her R is pretty perfect. A nice QoL for it though would be able to hit R again to trigger the freeze. That way you can trigger it if it's going to sail by someone. Also, it's sometimes hard to hit someone point blank with it so adding this would let us hit them easier.

Wolfmor

12-16-2012

wow what a coincidence I just bought Sejuani a few days ago and love her. I'm actually pretty much fine with her current state but if I had to change something I'd add a more defensive passive on to one of her abilities kinda like Amumu's Tantrum reducing damage by 5