Looking for Sejuani Feedback

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Swanky

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2012

Her ulti could probably do with a bit of a lower Cooldown. Her passive (10% slow) is basically only used to
apply the extra damage on winds or use perma frost, the slow itself is pretty much non-existent.
Her charge should have the same effect to champions that it has to minions already. Maybe a AP Ratio buff here or there and base stats
like armor/mr shouldbe buffed or give her a armor/mr steroid when wind is up?, but the Design itself is pretty sold.

lnrael

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meddler View Post
Hi folks,

We’re considering making some gameplay changes to Sejuani at the moment. As a result I'm looking to gather some thoughts on her current gameplay, in particular:

1. What do you like about her current kit/what would you be saddened to see changed or removed?

2. What do you dislike about her current kit?

3. What would you like to see tweaked or added?

Feedback much appreciated, this sort of discussion's been really valuable when doing previous gameplay changes. I'll be reading through every response here, though I won't have the time to respond directly to most of the posts unfortunately. I'll also be reading through a bunch of previous Sejuani discussion threads, wanted to create a new one though to get people's impressions in light of all the recent pre-season changes.

People think her damage isn't good but it is; I wish you'd clear that up via an official post. Her W is fine - it does great damage and doesn't cost much. And with the buff it lasts plenty long enough.

Adding marks to targets can range from difficult to impossible early game.
Maxing her Q is necessary for the cooldowns but she can't do it first.

I'd like to see her passive stack like GP's.
And change it to a proper mark that's not reduced by tenacity please...

Bobidabob

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2012

I personally love her kit. She has a low cd dash late game, which is amazing. She has constant aoe damage output. Her ult helps catch people out and is great cc. I would have to argue though that her mana costs are a little too high, and her defenses are not that high later in the game for being a tank. I think her arctic assault should cause a knock up to champions and go full distance unless canceled by the summoner(like anivia's frostfire) for better positioning. Her slow could stack a couple of times or get stronger later in the game. Her w while active could give her bonus resistances. Also, you can always lower the cd on her ultimate for a buff or change. Just some suggestions. Thank you for those who look at this. Sejuani was my first champion I bought and love her, but even I agree she needs some changes.

Zoltar128

12-16-2012

Make her ult refresh on hit. That would make her ok.

Gløry

12-16-2012

I find it odd that so many people are coming out of the woodwork and claiming to be sejuani veterans...I've certainly never seen you. I've seen ONE other sejuani in a game that wasn't me in the last year, apart from her release week.

Boomerang69

12-16-2012

More Damage
More Defenses

BOOM

ChrisCTX

12-16-2012

Meddler or any other Riot member, have any of you played Age of Mythology? If so, please check out the Battle Boar's ability, I think it would fit Sejuani and make her a great tank, protecting and peeling enemies from her carry.

Basically the boar gets angry and starts spinning and doing mule kicks, knocking everybody around it away, now think how this could be applied to zone control in a teamfight and how a carry could use it to its advantage.

Flt Lt Barkhorn

12-16-2012

As someone who mains her, I also played Sejuani almost exclusively post-S3 patch, and I think Sejuani's really happy with how much more gold there is to go around for junglers now.

1. Health scaling and slow on-hit is what really defines Sejuani. She's a tank who scales very well into endgame like Rammus, but lacks in strong single target hard cc in favour of multiple-target soft cc

2. Arctic Assault. It's pretty hard to get Frost to apply to multiple champions in teamfights since people start dispersing once you initiate (and assuming you initiated with Q and not R), you'll need to be running all over the place to apply frost instead of focusing down a target.

3. Sejuani's honestly doesn't bring much utility to the team other than her high damage and her aoe stun. There are some things that will help her such as a minor knockback on Arctic Assault (much like on Rammus's Powerball) so that she can do things like break channels when her ult's on cooldown. Another one (which will also help her initial jungle clear) is to attach an attack speed slow onto Frost and Permafrost, making her a niche counter to high attack speed champions like how Malphite is.

As far as jungling goes, what Sejuani lacks is the fact that Arctic Assault is the only one-point wonder she has. She wants the higher % health scaling for W (to improve clear speed) and the higher slow % from E (for more potent ganks) meaning she has to make a trade-off for one or the other until level 10 or so. Flattening the % health scaling across ranks of W might solve this for her.

Crimson Smiles

12-16-2012

I lover her kit. I play her a lot and enjoy her and would miss any of it,

But I would get rid of her icky Ap ratios.

I would like permafrost (E) to also slow down Attack speed. She has an entry knockback and her ulti but nothing disruptive to make her a prime target.

Tailor Swift

12-16-2012

1. What do you like about her current kit/what would you be saddened to see changed or removed?

My favorite part of Sejuani is the peels I can preform for my team, by slowing the Assassins and protecting the fragile carries.
I enjoy her ultimate, and the way it can shape team fights.
The fact that her W scales with health.
Jungling does not feel terrible but could improve, has less sustain then others.

2. What do you dislike about her current kit?

I dislike the feeling when my ultimate is down and my other skills usually have little impact on the fight. (Low Damage, High CD, Various conditions required for e to be used to maximum)
In situations where I Counter Gank Pre-6 I feel out classed by a large number of jungles.
In Situations where I Gank Pre-6 I feel I bring a Low damage and Minimal movement reduction, most of the time results in a small tilt in the lane rather then a kill or trade.
1v1 Situations are usually horrible (I build tanky jungle)

3. What would you like to see tweaked or added?

A Double-Tap feature for the ultimate would be nice. First time you press R sends the projectile as it does now but pressing it a second time would cause it to explode. Giving it a bit more control form some of the awkward shots. Maybe letting it pass through enemy champions, and allowing it to stun when you want.

Maybe a form of sustain tied to W? Linked to your total health?

Skins are Always Welcome.