[Champion Concept] RE: Rennal Spiritmight, the Bookworm

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zarkof

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

Jakobinator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2012

Yeah you should. Now I like your idea, obviously your not the first to have the "element guy" idea but Im commenting just for the heck of it... Now Im lazy and tired so this is not a proper review.

Passive - Sounds good, no problems with that.
Q - In my opinion this is WAY to simular to Brands magma-circle thing.
W - This knockback wall seems to much. Like anivias wall just way more powerfull. I would say if enemy champions are on the stream while it is created they are knocked back, when reentering they are slighly slowed. Continous knockback would be terrifying.
E - Well the 100 magic resistance is, I believe a bit too much, and 5 basic attacks are a lot, epecially 1v1. Teemos blind barely lasts long enough too block 5 attacks, and would that include minion attacks?
R - is fine

Now don't get me wrong. Im not just criticizing. Im only pointed out the things too improve because I dont feel like commenting on what doesnt need too be fixed. However one more overall question: Is his focus more on books or elementals? Those are two very different themes... GL with this guy...

Kochipo

12-22-2012

It needs a bit of a nerf on...

Q: "10/12/14/16/18% for 3 seconds." I think 5/8/11/14/17% is a bet better for early game. 1.5% of their health rather then 2%, seeing as he is a support.

W: Sounds interesting, however, I can't quite picture it in my head, so N/A.

E: "shielding an ally with protective bubbles that block the next 1/2/3/4/5 basic attacks for the next 5 seconds and granting them 20/40/60/80/100 (+0.1 * AP) bonus magic resistance for 3 seconds.", way too strong...... more balanced:
"shielding an ally with protective bubbles that block the next 1/2/3 basic attacks for the next 5 seconds and granting them 10/16/22/27.5/35 (+0.3 * AP) bonus magic resistance for 3 seconds."
Rennal's basic attacks restore 9/14/19/24/29 (+0.08*AP) health and 0.5/1/1.5/2/2.5% of his maximum mana. Interesting, however I think the mana thing should be more along... 0.3/0.5/1/1.25/1.5 at most.

R: I can't really comment on this, I don't see anything wrong, however, again, if you're making a support, it's a bit high damage styled.

Dzanio

12-23-2012

Q/W/E abilities are rather long range.
Q: Look at vlad ult if you want to balance damage amp :P. I’d make max amp closer to 8% since it’s a normal ability.
On hit: I’d make the burn % current health to avoid it being overpowered, or make the auto attack range of the champ much smaller.
W: Interesting; I’d make the geyser knock enemies caught in the initial cast up into the air, and let people walk through the wall otherwise (at the penalty of taking the damage).
E: Auto attack block too strong; I’d make this 1 at all ranks and reduce the CD by 1 second per rank. For the scaling, I’d reduce the base MR buff slightly. (~15 at all levels). Auto attack: I’d give a flat mana regen. (I might flip the auto attack effects of w, and e; it’ harder to walk through mud, and water effects are generally associated w/ restorative effects).
R: Q buff I’d turn into a DoT along the lines of Liandry’s Torment. W buff appropriate if you switch the on-hit mechanics for e/w. E: works.

hmm8080808

01-18-2013

Heres what i think.
Q: It seems fine however instead of +75% ap ratio i would take it down to about +60% ap ratio.
W: I dont understand much of this ability, but what i do know is that this will completely ruin ganks and should be nerfed somehow i dont know.
E: I know this seems almost like a different spell, but i think it should be like sivirs spell shield but can be casted on allies, and the resistances should be +50 armour and +50 MR to balance it a bit more
R: This seems fine.

Taria05

01-18-2013

Most people who try and design an "elementalist" theme champ always make the same mistake.

He does too many things well. The fact that he can deal % health damage or heal himself without spending any mana means he'll have a ridiculously strong laning phase. Then, translating into late game the fact that he can slow enemies without casting any spells and still has all of his spells available that scale off of AP means he's a late game monster.