Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

To everyone that thinks Zed is fine

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dravíon

12-14-2012

No he is NOT.
I played like 50 games in a row with him now, so trust me I know what I am talking about here. Let me explain:

1. "Zed is fine, l2p you scrub, he just needs skill to do well!"
Sorry, but no.
His kit is not that complicated to use. Let's see here. What is he supposed to do? Let's say he is supposed to be an assassin. So what does an assassin need? He needs burst damage, he needs some form of engage. An escape tool would be nice but is not really needed. So how does Zed manage this job? First off all, his skills are not that bursty unless you get super fed in laning phase. TRUST ME I HAVE PLAYED HIM A LOT. No, other assassins do a lot more damage with their skills. Zeds damage is good but not great. His damage becomes great if he uses his ultimate to its fullest. And that is were the fail starts. Zed NEEDS his ultimate to burst someone. His damage is LAUGHABLE without it. The thing is, his ultimate is so easy to avoid. After he uses his R on you, you can always just stun, snare, slow, silence or exhaust him or use flash or any escape mechanic that your champion has available (trollpool, arcane shift, etc.). I tried to use ultimate on a half dead janna once. Guess what? She just used her shield, pressed W on me and just WALKED AWAY laughing.

So let's talk about the high skill you need for Zed to do well. There is an enemy AD carry. Let's say it is caitlyn. You want to assassinate her. How do you proceed? What are your options?

1. You walk into melee range and... ah who am I kidding? Cait kites you.

2. You use W-->W as gap closer and then R onto her. But then you get a net in your face and a trap under your feet and she just walkes away. No oh wait, you pressed R again to avoid the trap and... ah well, she still just walkes away because you are slowed.

3. So using W-->W as gap closer does not work because you need the W to slow and catch up to her after your ult. Ok so now you walk into range for your R and use it to engage. She nets your face afterwards. You immediatley use W-->E--->W to catch up to her again. She even forgot to lay a trap. Her slow is wearing off and you catch up to her, you use Q and an auto atta... a god dammit, your ult just detonated with 0 damage.

Let's sum that up. Just walking up in melee range does not work. Immediatly engaging with your R does not work. Using W-->W->R as a gap closer does not work. I guess that were all the options we had, right?

Making Zed useless is really easy to do. Just CC him after he presses R. Or just use an escape tool or flash away and press some SHIFT+3. That is all you need to do to counter zed. If you are Kog'Maw or Varus and do not have that much CC and escape options, you can always just buy a QSS and cleanse his ult. Because really, he is no threat at all without it.

So I GUESS that all the people that say "Zed is fine" just got fed in lane or team fights against people that are really too stupid to CC him or just flash away from his ult.

Let's look at other assassins.

Akali wants to kill the cait. She uses R to close the gap. Cait nets her. She uses R again and kills cait. Easy.

Talon uses silence to close the gap on cait. He uses E and R and Ignite on her before she can net him (due to silence) and one-shots her.

Kassadin uses R to close the gap on cait, silences and one-shots her before she can even react.

Oh and, all 3 of the above can easily escape after that.

So playing Zed as an assassin seems not so viable to me.
Tell me your Zed storys. Tell me how you OWNED games with him. I am really EAGER to hear some details on how you OWN it up with Zed. Because I just can't understand the people that say that he is fine. Please, enlighten me.

108th Fruit

12-14-2012

Didn't even read your post since it's wrong.

Zed is fine.

MysteltainSensei

12-14-2012

Quote:
108th Fruit:
Didn't even read your post since it's wrong.

Zed is fine.

pretty much this...he needs a little buff to his ult dmg but other than that hes fine...

Joebags

12-14-2012

Honestly every Zed I've seen in the last week has wrecked face. If anything he needs a little nerf, although I think it was just black cleaver syndrome that made him so powerful, so we'll see.

Dravíon

12-14-2012

Yes, answering without even reading.
Seems legit. Omg this community....

FaithNHumanity

12-14-2012

To do well as Zed you have to hit 2 or 3 Q's at the same time. If you can, you will do well, if you can't ya won't.

After reading the first paragraph, and skimming the rest, I don't see a single mention of this crucial skill.

Fenstick

12-14-2012

Since when can you cleanse his ult? I thought it was like Vlad's.

Boss Aegis

12-15-2012

You've played 50 games and still can't do the basics? How is this even possible?

FaithNHumanity

12-15-2012

Quote:
Fenstick:
Since when can you cleanse his ult? I thought it was like Vlad's.

Can QSS, but not cleanse.

Tumblr Feminist

12-15-2012

Seriously, Zedd Is a garbage champ.