Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

A New Champion Approaches – Lux, the Lady of Luminosity

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

eSWA1Oow4ufYmDRT

10-15-2010

Quote:
Zodiacshape:
You sound like those fascists who like to force their will on people.

Fixed.

Melanchior

10-15-2010

Quote:
NightmareZelkin:
Nice, it seems someone likes hookers, since you seem to like her original design.

You look at her original design and see a good character. I and many others here turn around and look at that same design and see a prostitute. You have a horrible art sense, please keep your opinion to yourself.

where do condescending little morons like you come from?

keep your own ugly unoriginal opinion to yourself, you *****. i have a great sense of art. you and many others proved that you have NO art sense in that you see our world's ugliness in things that don't depict our world at all.

Melanchior

10-15-2010

Quote:
GlyphTsen:
You might want to reread their abilities.

Also, a hint: by "CC" I refer to only things that affect movement. Otherwise, there's only one.

i know well what their abilities do. but i'm going to guess that you want to add ezreal's flash and corki's valkyrie into the haste/teleport category

DaBigD

10-15-2010

U guys are aware of the fact that this is just a video game right?

dlimon

10-15-2010

Quote:
Melanchior:
where do condescending little morons like you come from?

keep your own ugly unoriginal opinion to yourself, you *****. i have a great sense of art. you and many others proved that you have NO art sense in that you see our world's ugliness in things that don't depict our world at all.

nice to see your point is more valid than OVER 9000!!!!!! other people. just sayin

10-15-2010

When I first heard about Lux I was really excited because she looked like an awesome champ, and honestly I still think she does. I was somewhat disappointed with her in game model, especially the hair style, but it's not like it wasn't something I could deal with.

I gotta say though, I really liked her original concept art. Personally I was hoping for something in a bit of a different direction but I'm well aware how unlikely it is they will develop a champ that fits perfectly with what I imagine they should look like.

Anyway, the concept art was pretty good looking, even if I didn't care for the model as much. Like many others, I was disappointed by the main splash art when that got released. I don't think she was really ugly like some people seem to, I just didn't like the direction the art went with it. Instead of going with a dignified teenage light-casting prodigy, they sort of made her look older and "sexier." Not ugly, just not very tasteful, I thought. Especially with that eyeshadow.

Still, it's only splash art, and the model could be fixed with a good skin on release, so I was still looking forward to this champion. Her abilities looked fun and certainly not OP after changing the team stealth (and I mean honestly how could that ever be released and not be broken?). Then I checked back her and noticed the massive public outcry against her. Some pretty venomous hate going on but I guess things won't change unless people speak their minds?

So basically I liked her abilities and her concept art. My biggest problem was her splash art and her character model in game. I'm not so sure such a huge reaction was warranted, but I suppose what's done is done and Riot may as well take the time to address these issues now. I'm looking forward to whatever version of Lux is released. Thanks Riot!

-Sorry for the long post, I've just been following this situation for a while now and thought I should put in my two cents

jovibotrel

10-15-2010

Quote:
DaBigD:

for them
video game >>> life

Daniellynet

10-15-2010

Quote:
DaBigD:

You are aware that just because it's video game, we don't need to look at something ugly.

Heck, why get good graphics? Why not just use 16 bit?

TheGame036

10-15-2010

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Whats ugly to one isn't ugly to all. Lux FTW imo.

SwanX17

10-15-2010

I'm glad they are changing her look, if only for the reason that there is no way that Garen would let her leave the house looking like that. Ever.