Melee and Ranged only items

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Athis891

12-13-2012

The new runaans huricane and ravenous hydra items, being exclusive to one group of champions each (ranged and melee)

how do they work on characters like jayce and kayle who change role, based on an ability?

can they use both,neither, or only one?

Lysithix

12-14-2012

They can use both. Let's say Jayce, when he switches to Hammer from Cannon, Runaan's Hurricane "Turns Off" and the multiple attacks cease to happen, while Ravenous Hydra "turns on" and does splash damage. I haven't tested activating Ravenous Hydra while in Cannon stance however to see if the cleave works.

DarkenDragon

12-14-2012

these items arent linked the the champion's class, its linked to their attack's class. what this means is that if their auto attack is classed as melee or ranged. and the range of their auto attack is not taken into consideration either.

so for cases like jayce, nidalee, and kayle, they have abilities that will change their auto attack class from melee to ranged.

for someone like raven who can extend her range doesnt mean shes ranged, shes still classed as melee even with her ultimate actived.

gblast123

12-14-2012

what if there is a combination.. with kayle, he has a ranged attack "toggle" which can be used in conjunction with his melee, q spell. would that nerf the hydra item?

it seems kind of unfair.. u really can't use either of these items effectively.. so it doesn't make sense to buy either one.. hurricane or hydra

but i don't really know the answer, so looking for some enlightenment from others who know more than me

DarkenDragon

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblast123 View Post
what if there is a combination.. with kayle, he has a ranged attack "toggle" which can be used in conjunction with his melee, q spell. would that nerf the hydra item?

it seems kind of unfair.. u really can't use either of these items effectively.. so it doesn't make sense to buy either one.. hurricane or hydra

but i don't really know the answer, so looking for some enlightenment from others who know more than me
First off, you need to understand that these affects are on AUTO ATTACK only, so spells have nothing to do with it

secondly you can only be either ranged or melee at any given time, you can not be both.

and yes there is no point in buying both, your wasting your item slots if you do this because only 1 of the 2 items are active at any given time

with kayle though if you are going to buy 1, I would buy the hurricane cuz your righteous fury is gonna be up more often than you will be meleeing, theres no reason for kayle to be meleeing if her righteous fury is not on cooldown and its only off cooldown for 6 seconds at the most, and 0 at the least if you have about 35% cooldown reduction.