Jian Hua, the Martial Blade

12345 ... 8
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Liam Geegeeson

12-13-2012

***NOTICE***

Quotes and Interviews are still in progress

Icon Credits go to http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/news.php

(Please note that the icons are just to give an idea and to make this thread easier to follow. I would definitely use more accurate icons with different colors if I could get my hands on some. If anyone wants to do artwork for my icons please tell me.)

Credits to Icraig33 for helping me come up with Jian Hua's Ki stacking system.

Newly Added Artwork !!! Credits to Leo Tomita !!! Bump all his posts !!!

Artwork of Jian Hua:

Attachment 580108

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings ! Thank you for viewing my fourth champion concept ! Please, provide feedback and suggestions as it will help me to develop my champion concept. It would be greatly appreciated ! Spare any negative comments containing profanity. Otherwise, constructive criticism is appreciated !

Also, check out my other champion concepts:

Gil, the Gold Thief

Role: Melee, Mage, Assasin

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2220592

Vindictam, the Vengeful Summoner

Role: Ranged, Support, Mage

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2196955

Malik, the Bilgewater Brawler

Role: Melee, Mage, Carry

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2211611

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jian Hua, the Martial Blade

Lore:

When Jian Hua was only 6, his parents were murdered by his own kin - Ionians - during the Noxius Invasion. From this point in time onwards Jian Hua would forever resent the Ionians and see them as murderous betrayers. Unfortunately, what he didn't know was that his parents had been Noxian slaves even before he was born. Although he had somewhat of an understanding to his situation, he way too young to know that he had been raised secretly and that his parents were pending test subjects for the Noxians. Before the invasion his parents had become monstrous wolf-beings as a result of Singed's experiments. When the effects had taken full control, victims were blood-thirsty and feral beings that were used as front line for the invasion. Jian Hua who was left in the safety of his quarters, ventured out to find his parents. When he had finally found them the effects of the experiment had worn off and before his eyes were his parents murdered by the blade of Ba Long - Master of the Bafaquan tribe. Ba Long had just entered the front lines after most of his surbordinates had fallen and only now realized what he had done. In his realization, he adopted Jian Hua as his disciple teaching him the ways of Bafuquan and trying to temper his undying rage. Jian Hua, who had decided the day of his parent's death that he would never forgive Ba Long nor the community of Martial Arts, would learn under his teachings until he was strong enough to defeat him.

By the time he was 19 he was a prodigy of the Bafuquan Eight Methods and was capable of murdering Ba Long. After a rigorous battle, it was done but Jian Hua was not satisfied. He set out on a journey all over Ionia to obliterate and learn from the many Martial Art tribes such as the Wudangquan clan and the Iaijutsu tribe. With every tribe defeated he left them in horrendous conditions; leaving minimal to no survivors and taking with him the secrets to their Traditional Style. Within the next 6 years he had claimed and defeated most Martial Arts except for the few with only little heirs left. To fulfill his goal of mocking the entirety of Martial Arts, he set out for the League of Legends where Master Yi, Irelia, Lee Sin, Zed, Udyr and many more Martial artists would we be waiting for him.

"Martial Arts is a joke; anyone can do it. I've already learned just about everything there is to it and nobody will stop me from learning the rest." - Jian Hua

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Role: Melee, Ranged, Carry, Tank, Fighter

Health: 420 (+82 per level)
Health Regen: 5.0 (+0.95 per level)
Mana: 207 (+30 per level)
Mana Regen: 6.6 (+0.4 per level)
Attack Damage: 49 (+2.9 per level)
Attack Speed: 0.658 (+3.12% per level)
Armor:15 (+3.5 per level)
Magic Resist: 30 (+.75 per level)
Movement Speed: 335

Abilities:

Passive - Metal Mastery: Jian Hua can wield multiple weapons and will change his passives accordingly.

Attachment 580430

Katana: Jian Hua's Armor is increased by 20% but his Attack Damage is decreased by 10%. Additionally, Katana will apply a 10% slow with each basic attack for 1 second. This does not stack with each auto-attack but it will refresh the slow. Range: 125

Kwan Dao: Jian Hua's Attack Speed is increased by 15%/20%/25%/30%/35% and recieves a lifesteal bonus of 6%/9%/12%/15%/18%. Range: 200

Kunai: Jian Hua's Attack Damage is increased by 20%. Range: 575

Note that at the start of a game and every time you respawn you auto-attack with your fists until you have selected a weapon - allocated a skill point and used active. Fists have no bonus effects and have a range of 125.

Before reading his skills note that when Jian Hua prepares one of his weapons, all other weapons cannot be prepared until Jian Hua has imbued that weapon, performed a sacred technique or failed to complete either.

Q - Prepare Katana/Imbue:

Attachment 580424

Prepare Katana (Innate): Jian Hua prepares to unsheathe his Katana. While preparing he has 3 seconds to Imbue or perform a Sacred Technique if he has stack(s) of Ki. During this time other weapons cannot be prepared. If neither are completed then Prepare Katana goes into cooldown.

Cooldown: 2
No Cost

Imbue (Active): Jian Hua unsheathes his sword and imbues it with his ki; creating a shroud of energy around him that will stun enemies in range for 1.25 seconds and provide him 20%/25%/30%/35%/40% damage reduction for 3 seconds. After casting Imbue, Katana/Imbue goes into cooldown and Katana will replace his previous weapon. Aditionally a stack of Ki is added to Katana. Jian Hua can cast Imbue while already wielding Katana. If Jian Hua switches weapons while the damage reduction is active then the effect is lost.

Cooldown: 10
Cost: 30/35/40/45/50 mana
Range: 400
(One-Press Ability like Garen's Courage)

W - Prepare Kwan Dao/Imbue:

Attachment 580431

Prepare Kwan Dao (Innate): Jian Hua prepares to unsheathe his Kwan Dao. While preparing he has 3 seconds to Imbue or perform a Sacred Technique if he has stack(s) of Ki. During this time other weapons cannot be prepared. If neither are completed then Prepare Kwan Dao goes into cooldown.

No Cost

Imbue (Active): Jian Hua unsheathes Kwan Dao imbued with ki pulling in all enemies within range and doubling his passive for 3 seconds. After casting Imbue, Kwan Dao/Imbue goes into cooldown and Kwan Dao will replace his previous weapon. Aditionally a stack of Ki is added to Kwan Dao. Jian Hua can cast Imbue while already wielding Kwan Dao. If Jian Hua switches weapons while his passive is doubled then the effect is lost.

Cooldown: 8
Cost: 25/30/35/40/45 mana
Range: 550
(Cone Skillshot like Darius' Apprehend)

E - Prepare Kunai/Imbue:

Attachment 580434

Prepare Kunai (Innate): Jian Hua prepares to throw his Kunai. While preparing he has 3 seconds to Imbue or perform a Sacred Technique if he has stack(s) of Ki. During this time other weapons cannot be prepared. If neither are completed then Prepare Kunai goes into cooldown.

No cost

Imbue (Active): Jian Hua throws his Kunai imbued with Ki dealing 15/30/60/120/240 (+0.9 per attack damage) physical damage and granting him 10%/15%/20%/25%/30% armor penetration for 2 seconds. After casting Imbue, Kunai/Imbue goes into cooldown and Kunai will replace his previous weapon. Aditionally a stack of Ki is added to Kunai. Jian Hua can cast Imbue while already wielding Kunai. If Jian Hua switches weapons while he is granted armor penetration then the effect is lost.

Cooldown: 7
Cost: 35/40/50/65/80 mana
Range: 1000
(Linear Skillshot like Caitlyn's Piltover Peacemaker)

R - Sacred Techniques:

Attachment 580104

Passive: Increases Jian Hua's Magic Resistance by 10/20/30

Active: Sacred Techniques can only be activated when Jian Hua has prepared a weapon. Depending on what weapon Jian Hua has prepared will determine what Sacred Technique is performed. The amount of Ki stacked in a weapon will determine the potency of each Sacred Technique and will be consumed upon activation - including remaining/residue stacks that aren't used in the pertaining Sacred Technique. Jian Hua can only store up to 3 stacks shared between all of his weapons - 3 in one weapon, 2 in one 1 in another and 1 in each weapon. Each last stack added lasts a duration of 25 seconds before being lost unless another stack of Ki is added to a weapon. When Jian Hua reaches 3 stacks of Ki, his last stack will be replaced by any new stacks of Ki stored. Jian Hua cannot stack Ki while Sacred Techniques is on cooldown. All weapons go into cooldown for 4 seconds after a Sacred Technique is performed and the prepared weapon replaces his previous weapon. There are 3 Sacred Techniques that correspond to his 3 different weapons; all which have a cooldown of 100/90/80 seconds and a cost of 100 mana. Naturally, if Sacred Techniques is in cooldown then Jian Hua cannot perform one even if he prepares a weapon.

If Katana is prepared then Jian Hua blinks silently around the battlefield - becoming untargetable in the process—damaging random enemy champion(s) 3 (+1 additional strike per Ki stack) times and stunning for 0.3(+.1 seconds per Ki stack) seconds with each strike. Succesive strikes against the same enemy target will be deal 15% less damage however the stun will stack.

Magic Damage: 150/250/350 (+0.5 per armor) (+15 base damage per Ki stack)
Maximum Single Target Damage: 300/500/700 (+1.0 per armor) (+30 base damage per Ki stack)
Range: 400
(One-Click Ability like Fiora's ultimate)

If Kwan Dao is prepared then Jian Hua shoots forth a wave a ki from his Kwan Dao dealing Magical Damage to all of those within and healing Jian Hua for 30%(+10% per Ki stack) of damage dealt to each enemy champion. Each strike to an enemy champion after the first champion has its heal reduced by 5%.

Magical Damage: 150/300/450 (+0.5 per bonus attack damage) (+50 base damage per Ki stack)
Range: 700 (+50 per Ki Stack) (Width and skill-shot exactly the same as Sona's ultimate)
Example: With 1 Ki stack, If all 5 champions are hit then it will heal Jian Hua for: 40%+35%+30%+25%+20 = 150%

If Kunai is prepared then Jian Hua throws Kunais at all enemies within his radius dealing physical damage and pushing them back 470 (+ 30 units per Ki stack) units and stunning those that collide with terrain for .5 (+.25 seconds per Ki stack).

Physical Damage per Kunai: 125/275/425(+1.0 per attack damage) (+ 35 base damage per Ki stack)
Radius: 650
(One-Press Ability)

Notes:

This champion is VERY sloppy and I have no idea if he's overpowered or not. I'm going to be making a lot of tweaks so I need as much feedback as I can get. Thank you !

P.S I just realized that his Q,W, and E abbreviates KKK. Please note that this was not my intention e.e

When a stack of Ki is added to a weapon, the icon of Imbue is shown above his skill HUD (like how passives do e.g, for Kennen 'This unit is a flippin' ninja) with the number of stacks stored in that weapon.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updates:

Reduced 'Sacred Technique' Passive Magic Resistance from 20/30/40 to 5/15/25 to 10/20/30 and completely changed it the actives.

Added a 'Ki stacking system' which affects the potency of his ultimate.

Increased Damage Reduction from Katana - Imbue from 10%/15%/20%/25%/30% to 20%/25%/30%/35%/40%

Liam Geegeeson

12-13-2012

Feedback please !

Liam Geegeeson

12-14-2012

Bump.

Liam Geegeeson

12-14-2012

Bumpitty bump.

blackkat101

12-14-2012

After a quick read, this champion does not seem to have a focus. You've made him a jack of all trades dealing ranged, mid-ranged and melee damage. That mixed with slows, life-steal, armor pen, armor boost, magic resist boost, attack damage boost, damage reducing shield, and then a combo system in the ultimate with added pushing, gap closer and stun, one starts to wonder what can't this champion do.

Besides all that, allowing him to get 40 Magic Resist passively from the ultimate seems like the most over powered part of this champion. Most items that give magic resist in the game give 30-40. This means you've essentially given him a permanent extra defensive item. Building any other MR item on him would seemingly make him invincible to AP damage dealers.

But these are just some quick thoughts,
- Kat

Liam Geegeeson

12-14-2012

Yeah I'm trying to make Jian Hua a champion that can adapt into the type of role he'd like to. I agree he seems a bit strong and I probably have to reduce some effects. However I thought that by putting this effect in each Q, W and E, it would force Jian Hua to choose a role. If you switch out too early of one of your weapons then you lose most of the active effect:

Quote:
Aditionally, if Jian Hua switches weapons while the (Insert Active Effect from weapon) is active then the effect is lost.
Please give me your feedback on my thoughts about this and if you have any suggestions on how to make him a more balanced champion feel free to.

blackkat101

12-14-2012

That effect does help and I noticed you lowered the MR that Jian Hua gets from his Ult to a reasonable level. Since I don't have the best memory though, if you changed anything else, I'd ask that you either post what was changed, or keep older versions of your work for reference (that is what I've been doing at least).

A couple things to consider though, like I mentioned he seems like a jack of all trades. I believe you should consolidate this to a bit fewer roles. Being able to switch roles is fine, as many of the transform champions have shown, but doing every role is a bit much.

As far as balancing, that takes (well at lease me) a long time.

If you try doing it like me, when ever I make a new ability, I compare it to every ability that every other champion has that does something similar. Compare the damage to mana and cooldown costs. If it has a CC effect, compare it to every other ability that has a similar effect.

If you've not looked at other guides on this forum, there are many helpful ones such as:

Katsuni's Champion Creation Tips v3. There is probably more detail here than the average person would use, but it is detailed and if anything a very good read.

Alenena's Guide to Numbers for Champion Creation. This is a good starting place for getting basic stats made for your champion. I personally did my own stats by comparing each champion with similar roles for base stats. There are also numbers to help with abilities too.

Those are just some guides for help. I won't be doing any balancing for other people, though I don't mind talking about it with others. This would be because as you can see, I spend waaay to much time when I do get started. That effort I will be first putting into my champion Shia, if not I have a second champion in mind, but I only want to work on one at a time.

Anything else will have to late for later, dinner time, and I've not had lunch.

One last note on changing of weapons. The cooldown of 2 seconds seems really low. I'll give you one comparison, so look at Elise and Jayce. Elise has to wait 4 seconds to change between her Spider and Human form and Jayce has to wait 6 seconds to change between his Hammer and Staff.

- Kat

Liam Geegeeson

12-14-2012

Ah I was wondering why a lot of champions being posted had a certain format - a neat one at that. Thanks for the links and thanks for your feedback. I think i'm going to try my best to make Jian Hua's 'jack of all trades' work x) Also, I usually do compare to other champions but I guess my decisions out of these comparisons don't really reflect it.

Regarding switching weapons, it happens on second cast. However you're right as it is technically only 2 second cooldowns between switching weapons. Although, I think it needs to be relatively low since it is not only the preparation of switching weapons, but also preparation of Sacred Techniques. Plus, champions like Elise have way more skills when they switch forms. Maybe i'll make it 4 seconds.. hrmm..

Jegalo

12-14-2012

This is a really cool concept! Of course, my little brain can never comprehend complicated champions like this (Though I'm starting to get a hang of this one :P )

Liam Geegeeson

12-14-2012

Thank you !

Haha nono ! Jian Hua is indeed difficult to understand. I couldn't even understand him at times while thinking of him.

12345 ... 8