Preseason Balance Update 1 - Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheyCallMeTarzan

12-13-2012

Pretty much the end for rengar.

darkjak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

Because Rengar TOTALLY needs NERFS right now

Phakez

12-13-2012

Well then, make the jungle harder for season 3? Might as well increase smite damage... Make diana easily counterable... nerf diana. This patch just ruined so much... None of these champs were op just bad players complaining, embarrassing!

Kaaori

12-13-2012

Did this patch already hit? I haven't seen my game update and they are talking about "todays balance changes"

schoenegge

12-13-2012

How about we nerf darius too.... PLZ!

Fukohei

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

I feel a Diana nerf was justified as I play Diana a bit myself. However I feel that some nerfs were needed but other nerfs are just beating her into the ground. The R + E initiation from Diana is superb because of the long range. Fine, nerf the range and so be it, however nerfing it to the point where you can't pull off a Q + R combo correctly at 830 range which is where Q lands is ridiculous. That mean's now if you do land your Q, you can't actually follow that up because the opponent can just simply walk away after being hit because there is a cast time for your Q. The only time where she can actually use Q + R to consume the moonlight debuff is when she's also around ~720 range. Pale cascade nerf may be justified because it can do a large amount of aoe damage to opponents when combined with moonfall, but nerfing both of them is questionable as to what are you trying to achieve. Nerfing base Q damage without compenstation is also questionable. Indeed there may be a problem because Diana can do damage due to her base damage without building a lot of tanky itmes. However if the player chooses to build a more damage orientated build shouldn't they be rewarded for doing so? I feel like increasing the ratio to compensate for going more damage orientated builds instead building tanky items would be justified.

Cho'gath's passive certainly had a large problem at early levels and I like that's how it's being addressed.

Rengar also did have a problem where you can build a lot of health and cooldown reduction to do decent amount of damage as well as being "deceptively tanky" using battle roar. However, it feels like nerfing both the healing and base damage by a large margin seems to be putting Rengar in a state where it's difficult for him to be a bruiser over any other champion. I don't know what should be done though. Perhaps the nerfs were intended to put Rengar in more of an AD assassin kind of champion?

Teemo's R definitely deserve a nerf to the damage at later levels because of Liandry's Torment to cause "tons of damage.". I don't know about the ratio on E though.

Zyra's nerf is definitely because of her going to bot lane even though it was intended for her to go mid lane. I understand where the nerfs are coming from.

I don't play Cho'Gath, Rengar, Teemo, or Zyra exclusively and I am basing this post off my personal experience and watching streams.

Derpaherper

12-13-2012

nerf rengar AGAIN? now he is no longer a jungler, he is just a big cat
why did I buy him

Dumbfound3ad

12-13-2012

rengar support last chance

FortisKev

12-13-2012

dat diana nerf wow, initially she was broken fine with first nerf but this one will just make her underpowered and she will become like akali barely used and under-valued. Cest la vie doubt ill used mine anymore after this nerf

a yummy entree

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Void2258 View Post
Rengar needed a buff to his jungle, not a nerf. Now he's completely unplayable except in top lane.
quit QQing, rengar was broken and op in general