Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Preseason Balance Update 1 - Patch Notes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zoneiric

12-18-2012

This is the first and possibly last time I post on this forum, but here goes...

=The ups and downs of game balancing?=

I feel cheated by the latest changes made to Diana (I mention Diana as she's the most familiar to me). It's one thing to change an ablilty's cost, damage and ratios, but to modify ranges so that their synergies also change (i.e. become crippled) changes that champion's esssnce. Why not call it a "rework" instead of a "balance update?" We're looking at a character with different attack patterns and viablity (if there's any left). Why not go a step further and refund whatever in game currency players spent on her so they can decide if they want this "new" champion?

One of the things that makes this game cool for me (and I bet for others too) is that I get to decide how to invest my resources, be they time and/or money, to come up with a strategy that is fun and functional. After having invested in Diana and now that they've changed her, I feel like I'm being force fed a strategy that I probably would not have chosen on my own.

Maybe I'm a fool, but I bought into the Diana champion spotlight. I bought into the thought of jumping in and out of teamfights. I bought into the idea of high risks bringing large rewards. I bought into a champ that I could jungle with as well as go mid or even top. I bought into the possibilities I saw in THAT Diana, as she was presented to us in the spotlight.
What would a new spotlight say about her now? Would it talk about how you have to stop attacking and walk into jungle mobs for the second shield buff? Would it say that you can't pull/slow anyone unless they're almost on top of you already? Would it point out that your team should not expect you to take out high priority targets in teamfights (even though she's supposed to be an assassin)?

Would anyone go for this "new" champion?

All I know is the next time a newly released champion looks promising, I will NOT downvote comments predicting s/he'll get nerfed to scrap.

=Bait and switch 2.0?=

EmergencyTaco

12-18-2012

Quote:
Vinterheim:
I main Diana, and i think all those nerfs were required to balance her exept one, the Ulitmate Range nerf was overdone IMO.

I agree. She was incredibly strong before and the nerf is understandable but her shield's detonation range is way too small now and the ult range nerf is absurd. THAT did not need to be nerfed at all. RIP my favorite champion.

DeadlyD0right

12-18-2012

i don't even play diana but i think those nerfs were harsh, why do you guys always go overboard with your nerfs can't you soft nerf little by little until you get it right?

Hauntling

12-18-2012

typical riot. level 10s complain diana is op.. yet they probably dont have 20 farm in 20 minutes under good circumstances.. and riot nerfs..

Nightingales Sky

12-18-2012

I quit because of this patch, when will the re-make zyra and diana?

Dark Bayne

12-19-2012

Teemo takes skill to play and you nerf him yet any noob can jungle Xin Zhao, build tank items, and wreck. And riot does nothing.

Getrix2121

12-19-2012

Teemo is seems to op

Reverentforce

12-19-2012

as i stated riot isnt listening to its players , im starting to think thier listening to the trolls instead. for one rengar really wasnt op he was pretty balanced it took skill to run him right and even more skill to counter him correctly which wasnt all that hard... same for diana and zyra as well as teemo ill admit teemo is my favorite out of this list becuase if you put him in the hands of a noob its a noobish teemo you put him in my hands or those skilled like me and he is a nightmare to face ... thing is thats not just builds, its not even the champ itself the same can be said for all the champs some are good at thier champs and others arent there is no op op op op op in this group of chars that got nerfs.

BUT judging from the silence from riots staff these injustices will go unheard or at least not payed any attention to, what i find sad here is this is one hundred and twenty four pages mostly complaints from REAL players not random digits pulled out of some riot employee's arse. more and more im being pulled to repeat the same thing i said when that horrendous hud was put in this game.." where o where has my league of legends gone."

Anduthrandir

12-19-2012

Riot IS listening to its players, but only those who pay them money for useless skins and such IMO.

And people playing tournaments, and I doubt they are listening to the rest.. which is like 90% of the player population.

Think of it as a clique that shows it's stuff to the public, but only listens to the members of the clique, not the public.

Reverentforce

12-19-2012

well being a payer doesnt change a thing ive personally spent more then 600 bucks in this game over the last 5 months only to have to sit here and watch a game i love being reduced to a petty dota 2 knockoff now thats not even including the amount ive spent before then. if they were listening to players of any kind theyw oudl fix the BS they made not ignore the threads that pop up over it.