Preseason Balance Update 1 - Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calindel

12-17-2012

Good changes

wickedgrimm

12-17-2012

lol agrred but i think we should get the old 3v3 map back :P

Abismo

12-17-2012

To be honest I’m tired of buying champions and their skins. With all the changes and nerfs I feel like someone is stealing my money and is not cool. You guys nerfs champions until you make them useless like with Evelyn. I understand you need to “balance” the game, but you should do that before selling them to people. Is like buying a product because is cool and then it became useless because the company decides is too cool. I’m irritated, disappointed and frustrated.

Anduthrandir

12-17-2012

I always said that skins are useless... they should come with powers of their own that matches the skin and are slightly different in use and stats. That way, you get new Champions without the process of actually making a new one from scratch. On top of that, you please the people who wants to waste their hard earned money on it. Personally, I'll never spend money for something that gives me nothing in return, especially something as superficial and useless as a skin.

Oh, and yes, you were robbed.

I still want my old LoL back, the one where Evelyn is herself, not some clone of another champion (or two). Please make a non ranking server where we can play the old LoL. I don't mind if I cannot import my current account and start all over again from zero champs, I'll have my old game back.

That's what I dislike about online games, you can never keep the classic version once the designers screw it up with some "improvements". But I do like the new items... but not the nerfing.

Anduthrandir

12-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimothybrown View Post
Are you ****ing serious riot? why bring a champion in the game and keep nerfing them to the point where they are just unplayable anymore.
That's because they don't use mathematics, they use abstract numbers that comes randomly from their minds. If they would use a formula for each thing (damage, life, mana, energy, armour, etc), then everything would balance itself out.

For example (I know these values have nothing to do with LoL itself but just read it's just an example) :
Let's say this
High temperatures (lie fire or plasma) does 100 dam. Earth does only 75 but stuns briefly. Low temperatures does 50 damage but slows. Air element does only 25 damage but pushes back at a default. Poison would do no damage on hit, but as much as fire if not healed in a short time. Diseases on the other hand would do little damage but seriously debuff and even cause a small dps over a long period. Etc.
These are the basic values, they then would be affected through a series of modifiers depending on the champion, his story and other factors like that that would be the same for all characters compiled in a similar way (like if a fast hero gets a bonus here, another fast heros with the same power would also get the same bonus). You then multiply those modifiers with the basic value and this gives you the damage or effect that your champion does.

Ok, this is a bit crude and kind of general explanation, but If they proceed in that angle, no champions will be stronger than the other in the end. All would do their thing and those weak against it will have a hard time (like a physical tank vs an ad attacker) or an easy time (same tank but vs. ap attacker).

I think that's what they should have done in pre-season instead of scrambling everything up and expect people to love their changes right away... as you can see in the comments LoL team, very few people like the changes you did and those that say they do don't say why... just like a follower that just says "I like it" because it's their thing or they religiously worship that game or whatever, they don't seem to have an objective view.

Good thing for patch = New items, improvements for the jungles through the diversity of those and the adjustments for the monsters there.
Bad things for patch = The nerfing, especially in the movement department and also it unbalanced every goddamn champion in the game (like my Nunu example that does 2,4k damage with a level 2 ult and 300 ap and with only that useless 35% magic pen from now useless void staff LOL... it really happened, was at full health 2416 hps and he took me down to like 10 or 25 before killing me with an auto attack. As for me, I had like 500 + ap, maxed out ult and couldn't drop him half hps with 30 magic pen and he had no magic resist from items).

LoL is looking more and more like Dungeons & Dragons where the fighters have all the advantages and the mages all the disadvantages... in other words, a crappy game design.

goodfornothing3

12-17-2012

thanks riot you basically ****ed over my mid zyra.

Clarence

12-18-2012

Bye Diana and Rengar!

Clarence

12-18-2012

Goodbye Diana and Rengar LOOOOOOOOOOOOL

bird13

12-18-2012

my account just did the double honorable opponent animation... i got it the first time within a month of the release of the honors system and i just got the second animation the other day after the patch...

Deathflow 115

12-18-2012

The first nerf on Rengar was fine until you actually nerfed his ulti and base dmg, he's prolly one of the worst melee champs now with that much getting nerfed and too easy to focus. I understand you're trying to make the game balanced but that's just too much. Like srsly all these champs got nerfed intending to balance things? That's called making it worse :/