Preseason Balance Update 1 - Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

????

12-14-2012

diana..oh no

Nightdancer ND

12-15-2012

Teemo NERF? Really Riot?!?
As he was OP and all over the place...

Telitha

12-15-2012

I understand the Diana nerfs for the most part but that change to the reach of her W really needs to be reconsidered the ability doesn't even work in a single target melee anymore. I was convinced I could still play Diana just fine until this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lY3yko_dbE recorded this with fraps today.

I certainly hope this is not working as intended. It can't hit a target that I'm actively attacking in melee. I had trouble hitting some champions with it as well this video just points out how glaringly bad that change is.

Dumbfound3ad

12-15-2012

Diana's W is a trash now. Doesnt even activate on her melee range you need to be on top of the monster or champs before it actually detonates.

centerice

12-15-2012

Another Rengar nerf seems riot doesn't want to see him in the jungle ever again.

ViperVenomV

12-15-2012

Thanks for making Diana useless riot. She is a horrible champ now and was my favorite. I'm done spending money on this game to build up champs that are ruined like this. You did not change Diana's damage you changed her whole game by shortening massively the distance she can use her moves. I can't even stand to use Diana anymore and that was so fun for me before. You nerf other champs with damage but completely change diana and she is worthless now. What a joke. I've never been upset with the nerfings before but this is completely ridiculous. I'm done spending money here. Wasted money on Diana and her skin thanks a lot I want my money back but I know that won't happen so I just won't spend any more money here since they will just ruin the champs anyway. GG I'm out.

p.s. and yes I realize I may be able to return 1 champ but I want all my money back. The game has been ruined for me. I don't want to play anymore until they fix Diana or I will find another game....Steam xmas sales coming sounds good to me.

a1sock

12-15-2012

how was this not a knee jerk reaction?

Serenity Now

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Being OP is fun, that's true, but we do have to address it
AP Teemo was strong, but you over-rotated on the nerfs (again).

Honestly, I just wish you would revisit his overall design and figure out what role you want him to play on a team. He is never picked in tournament play for a reason.

Trollihomas2

12-15-2012

Dear Morello,

Let me get this straight: for one, I play neither of these champions. I am just making observations.
Firstly, Zyra.
I notice range reductions on all her core damaging skills. This may be fair, but you did ALSO nerf the range of the Abyssal Scepter's aura, a nerf centred HEAVILY on Zyra's range, as proven by the patch preview video. So you are nerfing on of her potential items because it works too well with her range, then nerfing her range? This seems very contradictory.
Secondly, yes: Diana.
Her Q was previously nerfed because, quote-on-quote, "We don't want her taking out an entire line of back wave minions as early as level 7". Tell me, then, when you aren't paying attention to the AP ratios of other AP/AD solo laners who can match or best this damage/time?. For instance, Veigar, who, like pre-nerf Diana, can use one cast of Dark Matter to kill all caster minions by even as early as level six with no particular gold or farm advantage. Another example is Jayce, who can (and yes I understand the Mana cost of two skill to do this) clear back wave minions with an Acceleration Gate-charged Shock Blast. Please explain your reasoning, considering Diana focuses around bursty magic damage.
Also, this is completely unjustifiable. As clear as it is that Diana is a short-range mage, hence the reductions on the range of her skills, there is NO PRECENDENT in self-cast skills that fail to reach even the melee range of the champion casting it. I am referring to Diana's Pale Cascade, proof of which can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lY3yko_dbE
I complaining on behalf of players who value fun.

Sincerely,
Me.

eldestroyerbenja

12-15-2012

bad nerf to diana