Deck the Lanes with Gingerbread Contest

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

VioletCobra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

Congrats to the awesome ones that made it! :-D
(and none to the Teemo cookies)

davu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2013

that is strange my submission isnt even on the voting page!

Ombria

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Adjuster View Post
WOW.... That is truly amazing.
Drat. The gifting is closed. Contact me in game, and I'll sort out how to give you a skin.
As well as skins for the the others involved.
You guys were robbed.
Your name is extremely well-suited!

Ron Paul

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma Adjuster View Post
WOW.... That is truly amazing.

And I'm totally shocked that not only is it not even in the voting, but not first prize.

Wow Riot... Your selection of winners seems to be totally arbitrary.
Shame on you.

Ron Paul, I'd vote for you. In fact, I'm logging in to gift you a skin right now.

...just wow.

-----UPDATE-----

Drat. The gifting is closed. Contact me in game, and I'll sort out how to give you a skin.
As well as skins for the the others involved.
You guys were robbed.
Really appreciated the gesture - pleasure to talk to you ingame, but it won't be necessary. Liked your Vilemaw entry, shame neither of us topped. Thanks again, though!

Pickle Pet

01-11-2013

I have compiled a gallery of all of the entries posted to this thread and the winners thread. Here is the link to the thread:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...6#post33391556

For all who want to see. Good job to all contestants!

Rising Tide

01-11-2013

POOP! Didn't make it. Too many other Amumu ones I guess. I had fun though. Congrats to all the winners

Lucidia

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms LadyDelicious View Post
I fee like I am selling myself out here but I put up a general discussion forum and I am really interested in everyone's entries and who they made there creations. You can talk about your creation and how you made it, why you created what you created and etc.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...8#post33384798

Anyways congrats to the winners really am happy for you! I also wish the other participants the best of luck in the voting realm, congrats!!
D: It 404'd nuuuuu

A Wild Magikarp

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
I think this deserves a riot response, because a lot of these entries in voting looked like they could have been made in about 10-15 minutes.

We should post on the new thread and voice our concerns - it probably won't change anything, but I want to hear what the reds have to say.
Yeah, I don't want to stir up a fuss because I know how horrible I felt for doing well in the last contest and hearing everyone bash on fondant, etc. It's no so much that we're bummed we didn't win, many just feel they didn't get a chance to win (some of us were probably DQ'd because we herped the derp good and that just sucks hard for us ;p). I know for me, I wanted to be a top 10 winner or I didn't care because I'm pretty sure it cost me more to make my entry than it would have cost to buy the runner up skins ;p Not sure how you feel about that or if you'd be one of the top winners, but I think you make a piece of food art worthy of being in the fan voting. Real sorry it didn't work out for you man =(

Depraving

01-11-2013

I don't think the use of fondant is bad, it's like using icing and what not. I think the point was (I'm pretty sure a red had said this) to make the cookie/gingerbread show through. I don't mind the entries that use fondant and candy and whatever else to accent their entries. But there are a few where it's the opposite, a big fondant covered cake or whatever as the centerpiece, and then some little cookies to make it qualify.

The previous competition was completely open to being anything so long as it's edible, so I think fondant/cake was fine there. Regardless, I liked seeing all the entries here throughout the weeks. It was fun to do at least. Hadn't built gingerbread anything in years :P

Ducane

01-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickle Pet View Post
I have compiled a gallery of all of the entries posted to this thread and the winners thread. Here is the link to the thread:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...6#post33391556

For all who want to see. Good job to all contestants!
no point in anyone arguing against Riots judgement, even with the teemos as their opinions on the ones chosen arent going to change. Just enjoy the creation you made and enjoy the creations everyone else made. Other than my own, my top two favorites have to be the giant Fizz and the GingerBlitz