Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Removal of Steel Legion Lux.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheGrandDuelist

Senior Member

12-14-2012

I'm happy, this skin really needed to go back into the think tank. It was bland and boring in my opinion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spiku

Senior Member

12-14-2012

Seems odd to me; if anything it just seemed to provide some variety in Lux's costume style, which didn't seem a bad thing.

I wish the people who loved the skin were as vocal as the people who hate it because the two people I know who main lux thought it was the best thing that happened to her. But then one of those girls wants to make an Iron Solari Leona costume


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stark Midnight

Senior Member

12-14-2012

Riot really needs to use some common sense about these things. It's Slay Bella all over again. Vocal mad people say the recall is sexist so they remove it and replace it with garbage.

Vocal mad people say that Steel Legion Lux is a bad skin. Watch them replace it with some lame ass fan service magical girl skin that is inferior in every way possible. Honestly it's like they do the exact opposite of what they should sometimes.

Let skins be what they are suppose to be. Slay Bella was meant to be a sexy skin. Steel Legion was meant to be a bad ass skin. Yet you guys always second guess yourself and trivialize your skins by always trying to appeal to the "medium". This results in skins that are "alright" but never amazing or hated.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exacerberus

Senior Member

12-14-2012

Quote:
Stark Midnight:
Riot really needs to use some common sense about these things. It's Slay Bella all over again. Vocal mad people say the recall is sexist so they remove it and replace it with garbage.

Vocal mad people say that Steel Legion Lux is a bad skin.
Hello I'm a vocal mad person. The skin sucked, badly. Now since I don't care at all feel free to downvote me like happened to anyone else ITT that dared to state it, but STEEL LEGION LUX WAS GARBAGE and didn't fit the character, at all. K?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reaganomics

Senior Member

12-14-2012

Quote:
Stark Midnight:
Riot really needs to use some common sense about these things. It's Slay Bella all over again. Vocal mad people say the recall is sexist so they remove it and replace it with garbage.

Vocal mad people say that Steel Legion Lux is a bad skin. Watch them replace it with some lame ass fan service magical girl skin that is inferior in every way possible. Honestly it's like they do the exact opposite of what they should sometimes.

Let skins be what they are suppose to be. Slay Bella was meant to be a sexy skin. Steel Legion was meant to be a bad ass skin. Yet you guys always second guess yourself and trivialize your skins by always trying to appeal to the "medium". This results in skins that are "alright" but never amazing or hated.


The problem isn't that the skin was bad, it's that people hate the military theme on Lux and have been asking for a non-military skin SINCE Commando came out. People hated commando Lux, they than got Imperial Lux and didn't like that either... so when they get a third straight skin in the same vein as the other two they get upset.

People, for the most part, do not want a "Bad Ass" Skin for Lux... we already have two of them. After having complaints come at them for not 1, not two, but THREE skins they finally did the right thing and listened to the vast majority of Lux fans and are now re-evaluating things. This is a good sign that Riot listens to the players, like they always claim they do.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lady Liadrin

Junior Member

12-14-2012

Saying that military themes don't fit Lux IS a bit silly, when you consider her lore has her as a woman who grew up in a military family and joined the Demacian military- I mean, Lux IS a badass, and at least WAS a soldier before the League. Seriously? I would like a different theme for Lux too, magical girl or whatever. That'd be cool... but people have been using this argument of "it doesn't fit the character's theme!" so much to get rid of skins they don't like, that they're actually applying it to skins/champs that at least have some grounding on it... like skins were ever about fitting the character anyway.

No, seriously, it's nice that people are pressing for more variety, but try and be a bit more honest about the intention- you want the variety, not that it has anything to do with fitting the champion (a magical girl skin actually makes LESS sense there lore wise, I can admit that even if I want one more than Steel legion too).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reaganomics

Senior Member

12-14-2012

Quote:
Lady Liadrin:
Saying that military themes don't fit Lux IS a bit silly, when you consider her lore has her as a woman who grew up in a military family and joined the Demacian military- I mean, Lux IS a badass, and at least WAS a soldier before the League. Seriously? I would like a different theme for Lux too, magical girl or whatever. That'd be cool... but people have been using this argument of "it doesn't fit the character's theme!" so much to get rid of skins they don't like, that they're actually applying it to skins/champs that at least have some grounding on it... like skins were ever about fitting the character anyway.

No, seriously, it's nice that people are pressing for more variety, but try and be a bit more honest about the intention- you want the variety, not that it has anything to do with fitting the champion (a magical girl skin actually makes LESS sense there lore wise, I can admit that even if I want one more than Steel legion too).


The problem is she wasn't a soldier, she was a spy/infiltrator. In what universe does a spy/infiltrator use power armor meant for a Spartan from Halo?

So yes she was military, but we already have two skins to reflect that and the entire part about it not fitting Lux, at least from my perspective, is the idea that she is not some heavily armored front line soldier... she is a stealthy, sneaky infiltrator according to her lore. The other big thing, as someone who is really into fantasy, is that mages usually do not wear heavy armor as it impedes the casting of spells.

So actually I am being honest when I say it doesn't fit her as a skin. If it was sleeker and honestly (as an example) more like Night Blade Irelia it would make sense based on her lore. It isn't though, it is a hulking power suite.

Edit: Also it's not the military doesn't fit her, which a lot of people are claiming, it's that people don't want another military skin for her. There is a major disconnect between her Lore and how she feels when you play her in all reality, if you told someone who hadn't read the Lore that Lux was a bad ass military girl they would probably laugh in your face.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Technician Tim

Senior Member

12-14-2012

Quote:
Reaganomics:
The problem isn't that the skin was bad, it's that people hate the military theme on Lux and have been asking for a non-military skin SINCE Commando came out. People hated commando Lux, they than got Imperial Lux and didn't like that either... so when they get a third straight skin in the same vein as the other two they get upset.

People, for the most part, do not want a "Bad Ass" Skin for Lux... we already have two of them. After having complaints come at them for not 1, not two, but THREE skins they finally did the right thing and listened to the vast majority of Lux fans and are now re-evaluating things. This is a good sign that Riot listens to the players, like they always claim they do.

roit doesnt really listen to the fans that much, kata recall proves that
FoN gone proves that
no BC hotfix proves that

butt hats not what i wan to ask, is the skin never coming out or just delayed?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DatBlackGai

Junior Member

12-14-2012

Come on people, use your imaginations. I kinda thought of the new lux skin as like a "What if" or Alter Ego type skin as if how she would like if she was more of a military frontperson.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reaganomics

Senior Member

12-15-2012

Quote:
kingcharles07:
roit doesnt really listen to the fans that much, kata recall proves that
FoN gone proves that
no BC hotfix proves that

butt hats not what i wan to ask, is the skin never coming out or just delayed?


Riot actually does listen to the fans more than most companies, however it is very hit or miss. I get that frustration, after all the skin has been pulled after complaints about the theme for third time in a row with her skins. Took Lux fans THREE skins to get through to Riot. Some things they seem on the ball with and other things not so much, italso seems like some champs get special treatment while others languish or riot just does whatever they want with them.

From my understanding the skin has been pulled, but it's likely to be worked on by the skins team (So a temporary thing). Ironstylus, in another thread said "message received" when asked what Riot felt about the feedback for the skin and so they are likely taking suggestions made and tweaking the skin to fit those suggestions.