Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Myths about Trundle/Karma hate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chibodee Crocket

04-02-2013

Quote:
Grumpy Monkey:
. I want you to know that Relaunch team is not going to take away your Gross Leprosy Troll with the Poop tower.

They just did, thanks for ignoring our concerns and deleting Trundle, god forbid he stayed unique and ugly.

Inb4 Urgot deletion.

IS1114475698182d789dd40

04-02-2013

Quote:
Grumpy Monkey:
I want you to know that Relaunch team is not going to take away your Gross Leprosy Troll with the Poop tower. But I also want you to know I am trying to make Gross Leprosy Troll Poop tower look like he can go toe to toe visually with the likes of the newer champs. I also want you to know that he does need some art love, some particle love and some animation love, and by jove, he's gonna get it! I want to keep the things that are endearing about him intact, and build upon those themes. You guys are awesome. And I really do appreciate your passion and candor.

Bumping for lies.

Skyhawke

04-02-2013

Quote:
Generic Referenc:
Bumping for lies.

Yep. I still remember this comment, and how much hope it gave me when I heard it.

Reachout

04-02-2013

Quote:
Grumpy Monkey:
So I feel like I need to clarify a bit here as GD likes to speculate and go off sometimes. (Speculating and going off is fun btw).
So I am not just trying to figure out what Trundle looks like, I am trying to figure out what Trolls in Runterra look like. Trundle was and is the only Troll we have, and to be honest, I am not a fan of his anatomy as a Troll. He feels almost like a Goblin in my opinion. I would like him to feel a bit more powerful. I acknowledge that many of you like the "Gross" factor. I like it too. I like that He slobbers, I like that he's sort of the "Pig Pen" (peanuts reference anyone?) of the League Roster. I want you to know that Relaunch team is not going to take away your Gross Leprosy Troll with the Poop tower. But I also want you to know I am trying to make Gross Leprosy Troll Poop tower look like he can go toe to toe visually with the likes of the newer champs. I also want you to know that he does need some art love, some particle love and some animation love, and by jove, he's gonna get it! I want to keep the things that are endearing about him intact, and build upon those themes. You guys are awesome. And I really do appreciate your passion and candor.

Yet none of that occurred, even traditional Trundle varies too much from him.

Thank you for deleting a unique character.

IS16d1cfc8ecca5f40e259c

04-02-2013

Quote:
Grumpy Monkey:
So I feel like I need to clarify a bit here as GD likes to speculate and go off sometimes. (Speculating and going off is fun btw).
So I am not just trying to figure out what Trundle looks like, I am trying to figure out what Trolls in Runterra look like. Trundle was and is the only Troll we have, and to be honest, I am not a fan of his anatomy as a Troll. He feels almost like a Goblin in my opinion. I would like him to feel a bit more powerful. I acknowledge that many of you like the "Gross" factor. I like it too. I like that He slobbers, I like that he's sort of the "Pig Pen" (peanuts reference anyone?) of the League Roster. I want you to know that Relaunch team is not going to take away your Gross Leprosy Troll with the Poop tower. But I also want you to know I am trying to make Gross Leprosy Troll Poop tower look like he can go toe to toe visually with the likes of the newer champs. I also want you to know that he does need some art love, some particle love and some animation love, and by jove, he's gonna get it! I want to keep the things that are endearing about him intact, and build upon those themes. You guys are awesome. And I really do appreciate your passion and candor.

Trundle has been murdered and some generic troll has taken his place.

R.I.P Trundle.

Cuix

04-02-2013

Quote:
Grumpy Monkey:
I acknowledge that many of you like the "Gross" factor. I like it too. I like that He slobbers, I like that he's sort of the "Pig Pen" (peanuts reference anyone?) of the League Roster. I want you to know that Relaunch team is not going to take away your Gross Leprosy Troll with the Poop tower.

And this is revealed to be an absolute bundle of untruth. Maybe the words weren't meant as lies, but that's what they are now. Trundle was deleted.

MeowMixWarrior

04-02-2013

Sweet sweet beautiful lies

Chibodee Crocket

04-02-2013

Quote:
Grumpy Monkey:
I want you to know that Relaunch team is not going to take away your Gross Leprosy Troll with the Poop tower. But I also want you to know I am trying to make Gross Leprosy Troll Poop tower look like he can go toe to toe visually with the likes of the newer champs. I also want you to know that he does need some art love, some particle love and some animation love, and by jove, he's gonna get it! I want to keep the things that are endearing about him intact, and build upon those themes. You guys are awesome. And I really do appreciate your passion and candor.

Trundle got trolled right into deletion.

Silverrun

04-02-2013

Quote:
MeowMixWarrior:
Sweet sweet beautiful lies
lol yep someone said Riot is taking away the uniqueness of their champions ... I didn't believe it until I saw the Trundle rework I don't play him but I like the gross factor he really has a heart of gold because he willingly took the curse from his tribe.

IS16d1cfc8ecca5f40e259c

04-02-2013

Quote:
Grumpy Monkey:

Myths about the Trundle hate.

Myth 1 was actually thinking GrumpyMonkey cared and was truthful about the Trundle changes.

Cheers for lying to the playerbase.