Myths about Trundle/Karma hate

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tehpersuns

12-14-2012

I would just like to point out urgot was once fotm and very popular. I would also like to point out the pretty alliance from world of warcraft is considered the baby faction, and the forsaken are popular. I.e. I don't think that just because the only two disgusting champions are unpopular, doesn't mean you should throw the whole trope and everything connected to it under the bus

Kamikaze Miko

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeantdragon View Post
Just wanted to chime in here.

What exactly is wrong with karma's current beauty? I happen to like the way she looks like right now. Can one of you give reason why she's going through a visual "upgrade" as well? I sure hope that she's still retaining her regal aura.
Her dress doesn't fit in a battlefield I wore it at a few conventions and it was difficult to walk and run in it. As her joke says it's impractical. So I think they want something that keeps her elegant but makes it so yes this woman can fight on the battlefield with the rest of them. I have faith they will keep her a classy lady.

Bes7iA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2012

trundle is one of those champs that you could put anithing on him and make it a skin
right now i can think of:

pretty trundle : trundle in a nice pink dress
gorilla trundle : trundle in a big monkey suit, or being a gorilla
warrior trundle: trundle in a weird armor and his weapon replaced with a real weapon
miner trundle : trundle with a helmet with a minning light and a pickaxe
gentleman trundle : trundle in an elegant tuxedo maybe with a nice haircut and a tie

well those are some but im pretty sure you could put anythig on him and make it a fun skin

Bes7iA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze Miko View Post
Her dress doesn't fit in a battlefield I wore it at a few conventions and it was difficult to walk and run in it. As her joke says it's impractical. So I think they want something that keeps her elegant but makes it so yes this woman can fight on the battlefield with the rest of them. I have faith they will keep her a classy lady.
im just hoping she doesnt become another stripper,

LordFeint

12-14-2012

Sivir's model is just SO BAD.
People don't play Karma or Trundle because, well, quite frankly, they kinda suck.
Either they're flat out boring, ridiculously under-powered for their intended roles and/or have lame kits.

I LOVE Karma.
I like the way she looks, and Sun Goddess is quite possible my favorite skin of all champs in the entire game.
But you simply CANNOT lock Karma (or Trundle) into any game other than a Co-Op s. AI without at least half your team crying "TROLL!!!!"

Sivir (and Yi and Annie and Taric...) are at least marginally effective at their role. But they just look so terrible.
So, so terrible...

I still must express my thanks that you're at least acknowledging the sorry state of these poor, pathetic champs and I understand that these things (like all things worth waiting for) take time.

Hoping to see a fresh Sivir, Yi, Taric and Annie by Spring 2013.

Peace.

Arance

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
So I feel like I need to clarify a bit here as GD likes to speculate and go off sometimes. (Speculating and going off is fun btw).
So I am not just trying to figure out what Trundle looks like, I am trying to figure out what Trolls in Runterra look like. Trundle was and is the only Troll we have, and to be honest, I am not a fan of his anatomy as a Troll. He feels almost like a Goblin in my opinion. I would like him to feel a bit more powerful. I acknowledge that many of you like the "Gross" factor. I like it too. I like that He slobbers, I like that he's sort of the "Pig Pen" (peanuts reference anyone?) of the League Roster. I want you to know that Relaunch team is not going to take away your Gross Leprosy Troll with the Poop tower. But I also want you to know I am trying to make Gross Leprosy Troll Poop tower look like he can go toe to toe visually with the likes of the newer champs. I also want you to know that he does need some art love, some particle love and some animation love, and by jove, he's gonna get it! I want to keep the things that are endearing about him intact, and build upon those themes. You guys are awesome. And I really do appreciate your passion and candor.
I'm afraid you let the cat out of the bag on this one too soon. The tweaks sounds subtle enough, yet the overall shift large enough, for us to be unable to imagine the outcome with any real accuracy. This is the type of thing that simply requires a visual aid before people can get on-board with it (or make intelligent criticisms).

Anymeese

12-14-2012

If a red wouldn't mind telling me, does Trundle work also mean that we can expect to see a new skin for him at long last? Whether at the same time as his visual update's release or shortly after, i don't really care. I just want a GOOD trundle skin because his current two are garbage (hehe)

THANK YOU for finally looking at my favorite jungler

Chutney Wiggles

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcanös View Post
Trundle is supposed to be ugly.. It's his lore and it suits him A LOT.
It also makes it aptly clear that he's one of the truly benevolent champions in the entire league.
Garen, jarvan and lux are good guys.. so long as it's good for Demacia.
Trundle selflessly carries the disease and protects his whole tribe.
Don't take that away D:
Too late, they already did. Read his Judgement.

BRAVEYpl0x

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Hi.

I'm also here to debunk. With Grumpy Monkey's inspiration and initial drawings I did Trundle's new concept.

*Drops the mic. Walks off the stage.*
Hey IronStylus, since you are the artist that created the new concept art, I wanted to ask you an important question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEYpl0x View Post
My only lingering concern is that Trundle is described in Lore as being a runt, and should, imo, keep that trait. Trundle fights in a scrappy, flail-y kind of way: the way a small guy with a temper issue and nothing to lose would tussle with a tall muscular foe in a bar. (I like to make the comparison to Rorschach: they both have a grumpy, nasty and mean aesthetic about their personalities, and it carries over into their fighting styles.) Trundle jumps and hangs onto his target while biting chunks out with his Q, he hops about when casting W, even mechanically, he maliciously steals enemy stats in order to survive and deal damage in a fight, instead of relying on his own strength. All of this flavor really feed into and feeds off of his runty demeanor.
In short, Is Trundle still runty?

Lisztomaniac

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutney Wiggles View Post
Too late, they already did. Read his Judgement.
they didnt take anything away, trundle is a tragic character, he sacrificed himself for all his people and even after the huge selfless sacrifice he made for them, they treated him like **** and threw him aside, that kind of treatment after such sacrifice can destroy everyone on the inside, of course he will have those hard feelings about them, and thats what makes him a more realistic character, because not everyone would do the "right" thing under such circumstances, i probably would have done the same as trundle, wheater that makes me a bad man or a good man is irrelevant, the tragic character is still tragic.

trundle just wanted to belong and be accepted and even after such sacrifce they still treated him like ****, im with trundle, f*ck em.