Myths about Trundle/Karma hate

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Damoklese

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by junseii View Post
Almost all the champs you mentioned have always been leagues above karma and trundle in popularity, maybe save for xerath. All those champs are decent at their role, some exceptionally good, such as mundo, mumu, and wukong.

I'm sure you also must remember how much of a pubstomper tryn used to be.

I still believe the popularity factor still holds ground in regards to attention form riot, but there are also other factors to consider as well.
They have not always been good though..nor have they always been popular. But that didnt lead to months, let alone YEARS, of neglect.

My points are simple.

1) If popularity is the reason..then why do so many other "unpopular" champs have skins?

2) Regardless of any other factors.. why is an extremely successful company like riot finding it difficult to give some attention to champs that have been out for 2 years with no love? Seems to me that when you are running one of, if not THE, most popular online games in the world... you should probably be able to find the time and manpower to address something like this.

Raptamei

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damoklese View Post
Riot... change your policy on Trundle and Karma. If you dont have something IMMEDIATE coming down the tubes (i.e. before next year).. then at the very least you need to QUIT BEING SILENT on the issue and start giving us some real information. We have been waiting 2 years!
First world problems.

Q_Q

Coast2Coast

12-13-2012

Obvious pandering when katarina gets yet another limited skin.

If riot wants to make money why not rerelease all the limited skins so they can rake in the dough. Doesn't make sense to me.

Damoklese

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptamei View Post
First world problems.

Q_Q
Oh shut up. If you want to discuss world hunger then get the **** off of gaming forums.

junseii

12-13-2012

Quote:
They have not always been good though..nor have they always been popular. But that didnt lead to months, let alone YEARS, of neglect.

My points are simple.

1) If popularity is the reason..then why do so many other "unpopular" champs have skins?

2) Regardless of any other factors.. why is an extremely successful company like riot finding it difficult to give some attention to champs that have been out for 2 years with no love? Seems to me that when you are running one of, if not THE, most popular online games in the world... you should probably be able to find the time and manpower to address something like this.
None of them have been on the level that karma and trundle are on. But in the case that they were, they apparently had a few things about them that were easy enough to tweak to make them much more relevant, hence why they got the attention.

I'm also finding it hard to follow why you think the "unpopular" champions in your opinion are getting skins.

Riot is finding it difficult to to give these champs attention because they have much higher priorities for making new champions and making sure they're not that game breaking, developing new skins for champions they know will get them revenue, and managing and planning tournaments.

Its a sad truth, but some champions are just at the bottom of the to do list, and it operates like a stack almost, each new champ and new skin gets put on top of it in terms of what to start next.

Damoklese

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by junseii View Post
None of them have been on the level that karma and trundle are on. But in the case that they were, they apparently had a few things about them that were easy enough to tweak to make them much more relevant, hence why they got the attention.

I'm also finding it hard to follow why you think the "unpopular" champions in your opinion are getting skins.

Riot is finding it difficult to to give these champs attention because they have much higher priorities for making new champions and making sure they're not that game breaking, developing new skins for champions they know will get them revenue, and managing and planning tournaments.

Its a sad truth, but some champions are just at the bottom of the to do list, and it operates like a stack almost, each new champ and new skin gets put on top of it in terms of what to start next.

Millions of dollars. If you cant find time to make skins for champions that have been neglected for 2 years... and if you cant even spare a community rep to discuss this issue with the fans.. then spend some of your millions to hire a little more help.

junseii

12-13-2012

Quote:
Millions of dollars. If you cant find time to make skins for champions that have been neglected for 2 years... and if you cant even spare a community rep to discuss this issue with the fans.. then spend some of your millions to hire a little more help.
It takes a lot of cash to run a company like Riot and make sure everything doesn't break. I'm not saying that neglecting these champions for 2 years is right to do, I'm just trying to convey what might be Riot's logic behind it.

It also takes quite a bit of time to analyze a champion and figure out how to make them relevant in today's meta/environment.

It takes a bit less time to make a new champion from scratch that you can mold from the start to fit the current environment.

Making a new champion that they've done research and found that they will be interesting and appealing, will make them more money than busting their butt to rework an old champion who MIGHT be made relevant, remember that there is no guarantee that the rework will get them to comfy spot in the tier lists.

Also, from a money making standpoint, making new champions guarantees a good number of RP purchases, as opposed to a rework, since a lot of people most likely own the champion, at least those who have been with the game for a long time.

It might also be worth it to mention that they people who would take the time to talk to the community about these champions, simply don't have information on the subject. I would imagine reworks like these are deep in the chain, and aren't easily accessible by reds who have time to talk about it with us.

Is it ideal for us the fans? No, is it ideal for business? Yes.
Although you might not agree with their priorities, you can't say that they're being overly selfish or evil either.

msylcatac

12-13-2012

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
Umm just to clear some things up. As of right now, karma is the least played champion at 0.63 and trundle is the 16th least played champion. So your statistics are wrong. But still. I somewhat agree. I just have a harder time agreeing with someone who pulls **** out of their ass.

Damoklese

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by msylcatac View Post
IMPORTANT NOTICE:
Umm just to clear some things up. As of right now, karma is the least played champion at 0.63 and trundle is the 16th least played champion. So your statistics are wrong. But still. I somewhat agree. I just have a harder time agreeing with someone who pulls **** out of their ass.

I didnt pull it out of my ass. My source is mentioned right there in the original post. Lolmatches.com.

Where are you getting your stats?

Its entirely possible that my stats are out of date. Regardless.. its safe to say that other similarly unpopular champions have had riot's attention.

Skaliton

12-13-2012

OP keep in mind poppy is 1 of the release champions..and she hasn't seen an update/rework/skin in well over a year