Myths about Trundle/Karma hate

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gixia

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
So I am not just trying to figure out what Trundle looks like, I am trying to figure out what Trolls in Runterra look like. Trundle was and is the only Troll we have, and to be honest, I am not a fan of his anatomy as a Troll. He feels almost like a Goblin in my opinion. I would like him to feel a bit more powerful.
Maybe I've just been completely spoiled by World of Warcraft and Magic the Gathering, but I'm not a fan of goblins that look even remotely like Trundle. I like 'em small, pointy, and cute/sassy. Kinda like the female yordles actually, if you were to give them more exaggerated features.

That said, I could easily envision Trundle looking a bit more... trollish. I think his issue is just how utterly disproportionate his hands and feet are with the rest of his limbs. I mean, to an extent, the larger fists can convey power while still keeping his body a bit on the scrawny side to convey a bit of inhumanity (plus it stands to reason with his curse he wouldn't be TOO buff), but I think they got pushed a bit too far and he could use a bit bigger limbs/body to kinda make them fit better. As a whole, Trundle just seems a little on the small side for something classified as a troll.

Kamikaze Miko

12-14-2012

Quote:
I want to stop you right there. Don't be scared. Karma is beautiful Woman of Color, and I will fight (politely in meetings) to keep it so.
You don't know how happy you made me! When I did my Karma cosplay it wasn't taken too well by the community and I got a lot of racist hate. Thank you so very much for that post.

Zerglinator

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronStylus View Post
Well, if you like him you'll know who to thank and if you don't you'll know where to point the pitchforks =)
If we like him: thank IronStylus.
If we don't: point pitchforks at Grumpy Monkey

dustwind

Recruiter

12-14-2012

It sounds like you want to clear up a bit of Trundles leprosy. If this is the case, be it a small or a large 'cure,' please get the creative department involved as well if they're not already. League stories mostly just stop once the initial chapter has been laid out (understandably), and I think it would be really nice for the poor guy if his story could actually advance from this, instead of being rewritten or even having the improvement in his condition ignored. He ended up at the institute in hopes of a cure, please let him have one (even if only partially successful) if you go that route.

Maybe Zilean could cast something that speed's up his body's regeneration and they become best friends, or Trundle steal's some of Elise's regenerative venom and they become bitter enemies, or something.

If you do clean him up a bit, maybe his current condition could become a 'pre-cure' skin for those that want him to still look as he does.

Frakenbourrough

12-14-2012

Quote:
I want you to know that Relaunch team is not going to take away your Gross Leprosy Troll with the Poop tower.
That's all I really needed to know.I fully support this endeavor now.

KiteAzure

12-14-2012

Quote:
Trundle was and is the only Troll we have
Are you sure because Jax has a lot of qualities that a troll has, like two toes and 3 fingers. Maybe cool lore interaction between the two? Or am I talking to the wrong person xD

AD TF

12-14-2012

Quote:
exe3 I want to let you know that Relaunch Team is very much aware about Sivir and Yi, and any other champions that the community feels needs a Visual Upgrade. I have said this before but I'll say it again because I know the Sivir thing is going to come up again and again. The visual rework schedule is based on a few factors, not just "Who is the Ugliest?" although that is a big factor. But Just because I make a new Sivir model, doesen't mean it's gonna ship next patch. What if there are things that Lore wants to do, or Design? or Animation? Every Relaunch requires effort from all the disciplines, it's very much a group effort. So I want you to know that Sivir is on the list, and we are very much aware of her artistic state. But Design and Lore want to take a look at her (as they should) to gauge the extent of her rework. We have not forgotten about Sivir, or Yi, or Sion, or Nunu, or... (name one of the original 40 etc.) But Relaunch is a small team and we are working on New champs at the same time. I was working on Nami the same time I was working on Nidalee for example.
If you guys remove Sion's stubby little legs and run animation I'll be devastated.

ALE Bayho

12-14-2012

I, for one, cannot tell you how excited I am about the prospect of a fresh Trundle and Karma. I cannot wait! And, thank you for addressing this thread!

Orillus

12-14-2012

Quote:
Do you guys believe ugly can be beautiful? Because I do. Sometimes I will look at a toad or a rhino, or a gorilla and just think it's the coolest. However I have never seen an image of a gaping wound or a disease that I found appealing. These are the thoughts I have when thinking about Trundle.
A lil late replying to this one but have you ever seen some diseases at the microscopic level. They can really be appealing to the eye when you get a real look at them.

Tempname281

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2012

I really like Trundle as is, the only thing that puts me off from playing him is a lack of good skins. Even with a visual upgrade, I don't like either of his skins, so how about giving him some love in that respect?

Same goes for Karma, though her skins are quite a step up from Trundle's.