Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Myths about Trundle/Karma hate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Stallion

12-13-2012

Quote:
Damoklese:
They should because they care about their fans?

And if they dont have good news right now, then they are doing something seriously ****ing wrong. There is no excuse for the continued neglect of these champions.

And the incentive to explain things to us is that they have been in the wrong for 2 years, and they need to acknowledge that by being open and honest, finally. Basically.. its about keeping your fans by having a little consideration for them.

Low play rate champions that don't do anything well. (Unless it's Karma mid, which is fine, but outclassed on everything.)

junseii

12-13-2012

Quote:
Hrunkof:
But Trundle does nothing well... why would you even pick that champion?

In a min/max world, there's no reason to, but some champs just stick to people. Like myself I love playing sejuani, she feels right in my hands and I'm able to make some plays with her.

Is she even mid tier jungler or in dominion? Not even close. Would I still like her to get attention from developers for skins and possible tweaks to make her better? Of course, I feel thats something riot has strayed away from, if a champion isn't up to snuff with even the middle ground, they kinda just ignore them for a few months, and MAYBE they get a base armor or hp boost in a patch, which we see as never enough to help the champion.

Point is, some people have an affinity with certain champions, and sometimes those champions get left behind by the company, and if you're feeling competitive, its sad you can't play with your favorite because Riot has neglected to make them relevant.

Damoklese

12-13-2012

Quote:
junseii:
Both of karma's skins are also very unappealing, at least to me.

Ditto. Same with Trundle's skins. I play both champs in their classic skins because their other skins are just ugly.

junseii

12-13-2012

Quote:
Hrunkof:
Low play rate champions that don't do anything well. (Unless it's Karma mid, which is fine, but outclassed on everything.)

That is one argument, but I think a stronger one is that it doesn't take much for Riot to win over its fanbase.

Riot never has to worry about their fans hating them or anything like that, since it can always be solved with an easy fix. Throw a sexually appealing skin of a popular champion out, everyone forgives and forgets. This is equally true for cool skins of any popular champion, or just cool skin concept itself ie: battlecast

Its just the karma/trundle defense force isn't something that can't be calmed with other simple things the company always does. Our dislike for them for neglect of certain champions like those isn't even on their radar.

Damoklese

12-13-2012

Quote:
Hrunkof:

If that was a valid excuse for neglect, then why have we recently gotten skins for Tryndamere, Rammus, Mundo, Xerath, Amumu, Swain, Renekton, Pantheon, Wukong, Poppy, Master Yi etc..etc..etc..etc..etc..

Thats the whole point of this thread. The common excuses (Trundle/Karma arent popular..therefore they get no love) just dont hold water. Other unpopular/underplayed/underpowered champs have received attention.

The Stallion

12-13-2012

Quote:
Damoklese:
He is a strong sustain jungler capable of above average damage and durability. Very strong invading and in duels. Nearly immune to CC with high mobility and a kit that rewards being disruptive and aggressive. Also hard counters tanks.

Besides that..hes just fun to play.

Mundo jungle + some one on your team with Black Cleavers. Now you can be even more mobile, more durable, able to duel easy mode, and you can take out more than 1 single tank

Logan Richardson

12-13-2012

Riot hates Trundle. They hate him.

No buffs/nerfs or status changes since his release.
The only thing they changed with him is a minor mana cost and and bug fix.

QQ for Trundle

The Stallion

12-13-2012

Quote:
junseii:
That is one argument, but I think a stronger one is that it doesn't take much for Riot to win over its fanbase.

Riot never has to worry about their fans hating them or anything like that, since it can always be solved with an easy fix. Throw a sexually appealing skin of a popular champion out, everyone forgives and forgets. This is equally true for cool skins of any popular champion, or just cool skin concept itself ie: battlecast

Its just the karma/trundle defense force isn't something that can't be calmed with other simple things the company always does. Our dislike for them for neglect of certain champions like those isn't even on their radar.

Riot sure is afraid they might lose the whole 10 people that might play Trundle.

junseii

12-13-2012

Quote:
Damoklese:
If that was a valid excuse for neglect, then why have we recently gotten skins for Tryndamere, Rammus, Mundo, Xerath, Amumu, Swain, Renekton, Pantheon, Wukong, Poppy, Master Yi etc..etc..etc..etc..etc..

Thats the whole point of this thread. The common excuses (Trundle/Karma arent popular..therefore they get no love) just dont hold water. Other unpopular/underplayed/underpowered champs have received attention.

Almost all the champs you mentioned have always been leagues above karma and trundle in popularity, maybe save for xerath. All those champs are decent at their role, some exceptionally good, such as mundo, mumu, and wukong.

I'm sure you also must remember how much of a pubstomper tryn used to be.

I still believe the popularity factor still holds ground in regards to attention form riot, but there are also other factors to consider as well.

junseii

12-13-2012

Quote:
Hrunkof:
Riot sure is afraid they might lose the whole 10 people that might play Trundle.

Exactly, and its not like those people are trundle exclusive, when riot throws a skin or change to another champ they like they're go "oh hey this is sweet thanks riot" and the thought of trundle will be thrown to the back of their minds for a while.