Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Myths about Trundle/Karma hate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orenin

12-13-2012

I like trundle the way he is, please dont change him, or at least let the old model be a skin. Most unique champion in the game. Hes the only rough looking champion, that doesnt look all modern and shiny.

ScottyRawr

12-13-2012

Quote:
Pink Bunnny:
I really think Sivir needs visual rework first.

Agreed.

MTaur

12-13-2012

Quote:
Vlaadokash:
So you are going to give him a visual upgrade that completely contradicts Trundle's lore?

The new Trundle will be female and have tons of cleavage. It will sell moar skins.

MTaur

12-13-2012

Quote:
Orenin:
I like trundle the way he is, please dont change him, or at least let the old model be a skin. Most unique champion in the game. Hes the only rough looking champion, that doesnt look all modern and shiny.

I think there is room for improvement, but also room for senseless destruction of character. The un-modern champs fit in ok but not perfectly with the new quality bar. However, they couldn't figure out how to make a compelling middle-aged-looking goat-unicorn healer mage, so they made Soraka into a dewy-eyed teenager instead.

SHADOW NEJI

12-13-2012

Quote:
Grumpy Monkey:
Gonna Debunk some of these myths. Trundle and Karma are both being worked on for a visual upgrade.
I want Trundle (and his skins) to be something more than what they are. As for skill reworks, I am not sure, a designer would be more apt to shed light on that one.

Trundle, are you serious. No one barely use trundle why Visual Upgrade him. I think the older champs should get rework first and he should be last.

Stexe

Recruiter

12-13-2012

Pretty sure (I haven't been told this by any Riot employees, but I can read between the lines) that the Trundle model reworking also fixes his Q attack speed issue. They had issues with the current rig that would require almost a complete rework, so I assume they just went ahead and ordered an actual rework to "kill two trolls with one stone."

Glad it is happening, since there's quite a few QoL issues occurring with the current Trundle model. Hope this helps him out! (Also they should revert his Q mana buff -- the game should be balanced around Trundle so he can be the only Champion without any buffs or nerfs ever).

Lieta

12-13-2012

I'm a little torn. I love Karma's skills the way that they are - with the new mastery changes I have no problems playing her support with certain adc, and she's always dominated mid when I play her.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure why, she just doesn't have the carrying capabilities of another mid - like an ahri or a malz or kassadin or something. It could also just be because I've never been a solid carry.

Hopefully any changes kind of keep the same idea of her abilities - a heal, an awesome shield and a slow/speed. I also think her lack of ultimate is a cool and unique thing about her, so it'd be cool to keep that.

Karma is by far my favorite hero don't totally destroy her please

Edit: Also, where is the anivia portrait revamp?!

YoshioPeePee

12-13-2012

Quote:
Stexe:
Pretty sure (I haven't been told this by any Riot employees, but I can read between the lines) that the Trundle model reworking also fixes his Q attack speed issue. They had issues with the current rig that would require almost a complete rework, so I assume they just went ahead and ordered an actual rework to "kill two trolls with one stone."

Glad it is happening, since there's quite a few QoL issues occurring with the current Trundle model. Hope this helps him out! (Also they should revert his Q mana buff -- the game should be balanced around Trundle so he can be the only Champion without any buffs or nerfs ever).

trundle's only true issue is with his AA and Q animations and it makes sense for riot to bundle this with fixes to his model (they might also change his particles to more effectively telegraph some of his 'invisible power' aspects, most notably his ultimate.)

thanks for the heads up, will be looking forward to the changes if its full of QoL

civ

12-13-2012

Will trundle be getting a new VA with the visual remake?

I can't picture his current voice working on anything that doesn't look like a lanky, disgusting little troll.

Also when you revamp lil slugger trundle you should pull a headhunter rengar and make it an homage to the Baseball Furies in the movie The Warriors. I'd buy that skin in a heartbeat.

tslm

12-13-2012

Quote:
Damoklese:
.. it simply ISNT TRUE that Riot ignores unpopular champs.

No company which purports to be "all about their fans" can ignore an issue that is this important to a chunk of their playerbase and expect those same fans to keep on believing that they have their best interests at heart.
lol