Myths about Trundle/Karma hate

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
I agree with you 100%
but he's an escapee of a lepper colony o_O

Ailwuful2

12-13-2012

Just had a few games with Trundle, he really feels bad. He's like a bruiser that can fight other bruisers, but he cant stick to anything not melee, even though you have all that movement speed and the pillar, there are too many champions that runs and throws him around. You take more damage running after things than if you just stick to the enemies in front. That considering he's a non-carry auto attack focused champion. The situations that he excels are kind of rare.

Baval

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaghatai View Post
Please for the love of everything decent - make trundle not look like an escapee from a lepper colony. He's just gross to look at.

#1 reason I don't play him.

Give him a cool skin or 3 and I'll play him.

Putting forth the idea again: Dullahan Trundle.

are you insane?

you realize he IS an escapee from a leper colony (more or less). thats his lore, thats the whole point of him being in LoL in the first place. He took on the skin rotting curse of his entire race. If you take that away what is he?

the best you could hope for is some kind of robot trundle skin or a pre curse trundle skin since he had the best healing and didnt look leprous.

Duke Br0heimer

12-13-2012

Quote:
I agree with you 100%
No. I swear if you make Trundle any less "gross", I will be pissed. I know you guys consider Trundle and Urgot "mistakes" just because they're ugly, but seriously.

Damoklese

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailwuful2 View Post
Just had a few games with Trundle, he really feels bad. He's like a bruiser that can fight other bruisers, but he cant stick to anything not melee, even though you have all that movement speed and the pillar, there are too many champions that runs and throws him around. You take more damage running after things than if you just stick to the enemies in front. That considering he's a non-carry auto attack focused champion. The situations that he excels are kind of rare.

Ive played a LOT of trundle, and while he doesnt have it as easy as some other champions, trundle is perfectly capable of sticking on people. It just takes some practice.

Your pillar is an awesome tool for keeping people in your range. Proper placement of it will net you 3-4 extra melee hits, and your contaminate gives you epic movespeed and CC reduction, making it hard for someone to peel you off of your target.

It helps if you have some reliable snare. Trinity and Ice gauntlets can do that.. so can Mallet if you want to go the fratmas route.

Orenin

12-13-2012

Theres nothing wrong with trundle, im planning on maining him on my alternate account in ranked.

I also saw a karma mid get a pentakill about 20 games ago. Why dont you try playing these champs first before you start asking for a rework. I hope trundle does not get reworked he is alot of fun the way he is

Hmisay

12-13-2012

Trundle needs to look decayed, there's no questioning that, it's in his story and his title. And I'm very, very, leery about Karma getting a visual rework, I'm really hoping she doesn't turn into another Morgana or Miss Fortune.

Primanocte

12-13-2012

Quote:
I agree with you 100%

I hope you're not serious. Trundle's looks aren't the reason no one plays him. It's his kit. It's outdated. Make him more viable in general and people will play him more.

Damoklese

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmisay View Post
Trundle needs to look decayed, there's no questioning that, it's in his story and his title. And I'm very, very, leery about Karma getting a visual rework, I'm really hoping she doesn't turn into another Morgana or Miss Fortune.
I have a feeling that the visual reworks for Karma and Trundle are due specifically to some quirks in their models.

Karma..for example..has no legs. She is essentially a floating dress. That can be an issue when making skins for her since every skin needs to have a flowing dress.

Trundle on the other hand is hunched over and runs on 3 limbs half the time. I imagine there is probably some issues there with trying to fit cool skins on a champ that is animated in such a "compact" position all the time.

THats what im assuming anyway. Doesnt really excuse 2 years of no skins.. but if they are doing a visual rework, id hope that these are the things they are looking to fix, so that they can release better skins for them in the future.

BadgerDrool

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

Quote:
Gonna Debunk some of these myths. Trundle and Karma are both being worked on for a visual upgrade.
I want Trundle (and his skins) to be something more than what they are. As for skill reworks, I am not sure, a designer would be more apt to shed light on that one.

Oh ho ho. Trundle and Karma? Two champions I both really like and are not very well loved? Interesting.

Any chance I can convince you to answer a complex question. What problems in their current visual design do you feel need to be addressed?

I'll outright agree they both could use some love but I don't think they approach the level that old soraka or TF did. As such I think the answer to this question will let me know if I should be happy or afraid.