Myths about Trundle/Karma hate

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thornmaelstrom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

He's supposed to be a banished sacrificial lamb of a former-leper colony. He and Urgot are designed to be gross, I don't know how Riot is going to accomplish visually reworking them to be "pleasing to look at" but still diametrically opposed to human sensory cues of health & beauty.

OH NO ITS LU BU

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

I think if GM is working him in the direction of something "cool and dangerous" like the characters of Orcs and Men then I'd be totally okay with it. I certainly don't want him to be a human or something like that. :/

CynicalGiant

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Monkey View Post
I agree with you 100%
I for one actually like to play Trundle because he looks so hideous. It's fitting to the character. He better not lose his ripped off flesh or unshapely eye/face.

The problems with his design:
- His skins dont look that different from his default
- The coloring on his club is off
- His particles on his abilities are wonky and hard to notice

NakedGranny

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damoklese View Post
So when you REALLY think about it, the popularity of Trundle and Karma may have a hand in making skins/reworks for them LESS common.. but there is NO EXCUSE for them being neglected for this long.

Furthermore... as one of many many players who have spent too much money on this game, I find Riot's close lipped stance on this issue to be insulting. There once was a time where I was a huge Riot supporter, and this issue alone..and Riots total lack of communication on it.. has made me change my opinion on Riot as a company. I no longer consider them to be a great game developer. No company which purports to be "all about their fans" can ignore an issue that is this important to a chunk of their playerbase and expect those same fans to keep on believing that they have their best interests at heart.

Trundle and Karma may be just a small piece of the LoL community, but when you are talking about a group consisting of millions of players.. even 2.25% is still thousands of people.

Riot... change your policy on Trundle and Karma. If you dont have something IMMEDIATE coming down the tubes (i.e. before next year).. then at the very least you need to QUIT BEING SILENT on the issue and start giving us some real information. We have been waiting 2 years!
QFT

also: the world-famous camera bias which accounts for the long-infamous disparity between Blue and Purple win rates...

coffee addict

12-13-2012

Quote:
Gonna Debunk some of these myths. Trundle and Karma are both being worked on for a visual upgrade.
I want Trundle (and his skins) to be something more than what they are. As for skill reworks, I am not sure, a designer would be more apt to shed light on that one.
Hey can you make trundle's q react faster? Maybe have it be more like volibear's w... cuz trundle's q animation is really slow and the range sucks... voli's w is awesome on the other hand

Hospy

12-13-2012

What's wrong with Trundle? His skins make him look bad, but he's not supposed to look good in the first place. I don't see anything wrong with his skillset either...

I personally think Karma mechanically works fine, she just doesn't fit a traditional role all that well and probably warrants a remake.

Niceguydan8

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagan4life View Post
lol trundle doesn't DO anything in the current game, that's his biggest problem
Trundle has A LOT of invisible power. A big problem is that people rarely acknowledge that.

Skwid1g

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaghatai View Post
Please for the love of everything decent - make trundle not look like an escapee from a lepper colony. He's just gross to look at.

#1 reason I don't play him.

Give him a cool skin or 3 and I'll play him.

Putting forth the idea again: Dullahan Trundle.
He's supposed to look like that. Both from an artistic standpoint and a lore standpoint.

Damoklese

12-13-2012

Im in the same camp as the people who feel that Trundle's kit feels fine as it is. I wouldnt mind a visual rework, though id still like him to look like the leprous troll that he is.. id just like him to be a little more....cool about it. Not so many browns.. and maybe have him look a little bit less like an R rated disney character and more like a bad ass troll.

In regards to his kit though.. I feel like there is absolutely nothing wrong with his W, E, or R.. as for his Q... well ive seen people say that there is something wrong with the animation or timing or whatever. Personally ive never felt like there was an issue with it, but what I would really to see.. just as a little buff to bring him up a few notches on the power scale, is an increase in the range of his Q.

Right now he will jump forward a little bit when he Qs. Id love to see that range doubled, so that it is more in line with...say...Riven's shield range.

In regards to his visuals..I will say that he is in desperate need of a really COOL skin where he DOESNT look like a leprous troll. Something awesome. Id love to see..for example.. some kind of battlecast skin. And id also like to see a "medieval" trundle with some patchwork plate armor and a morning star.

KaptainKickass

12-13-2012

Quote:
I agree with you 100%
Internet Troll Trundle inc.

Wait that wouldn't make him any more fun to look at...