Myths about Trundle/Karma hate

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 51
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Damoklese

12-13-2012

So when anyone brings up Riot's almost criminal negligence of Trundle and Karma.. it always boils down to "well they arent popular, so Riot ignores them".

But that is bull****...absolute bull****. Aside from the fact that Riot is an incredibly successful company that can EASILY afford to give ALL of their champions attention.. it simply ISNT TRUE that Riot ignores unpopular champs.

According to Lolmatches.com, Karma is the 4th least played champion, and Trundle is the 6th least played.

Guess who is played less then either of them?

Galio - 3rd least played champ. 4 skins including a LEGENDARY
Xerath - 2nd least played champ. 3 skins
Poppy - 5th least played champ. 5 skins

Also.. statistically Trundle is only played in 2.25% of matches. That puts Cassiopeia, Rumble, Yorick, Ziggs, Sion, Syndra, Heimer, Zilean, and Sejuani within 1% of him in popularity, and within 2% of Karma.

So when you REALLY think about it, the popularity of Trundle and Karma may have a hand in making skins/reworks for them LESS common.. but there is NO EXCUSE for them being neglected for this long.

Furthermore... as one of many many players who have spent too much money on this game, I find Riot's close lipped stance on this issue to be insulting. There once was a time where I was a huge Riot supporter, and this issue alone..and Riots total lack of communication on it.. has made me change my opinion on Riot as a company. I no longer consider them to be a great game developer. No company which purports to be "all about their fans" can ignore an issue that is this important to a chunk of their playerbase and expect those same fans to keep on believing that they have their best interests at heart.

Trundle and Karma may be just a small piece of the LoL community, but when you are talking about a group consisting of millions of players.. even 2.25% is still thousands of people.

Riot... change your policy on Trundle and Karma. If you dont have something IMMEDIATE coming down the tubes (i.e. before next year).. then at the very least you need to QUIT BEING SILENT on the issue and start giving us some real information. We have been waiting 2 years!

*EDIT* WOO MY THREAD IS AWESOME! Thanks for the replies Grumpy Monkey and Iron Stylus. Its great to hear that my champs arent being ignored and that new stuff is coming down the pipeline. Cant wait to see the reworks. Im especially stoked about Iron Stylus doing the trundle redesign... and that one of the goals is to make him seem more like a badass. Thanks guys. Faith renewed.

Pyromania99

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

Karma is getting an update here soon, so maybe she'll get revived. Trundle on the other hand....

Damoklese

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyromania99 View Post
Karma is getting an update here soon, so maybe she'll get revived. Trundle on the other hand....
"here soon" is a loaded comment. I forget how long Eve was getting a rework "here soon".

Minishmaster

12-13-2012

Galio got a lot of skins when he was a super strong mid lane.

Xerath saw some use for a while, but a lot of the new mids, like diana, kicked him out of lane.

Poppy has been around since the beginning. Back then, you could see three or four skins each patch, because they didn't take as much time and effort as they take now.

junseii

12-13-2012

The karma rework has been said to be finished a while ago, my thought on why it still hasn't been close to releasing is because they don't have a skin of her to release with the rework, since that seems to be the model now

champ gets a rework
champ gets a new skin
lodemoni

Damoklese

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minishmaster View Post
Galio got a lot of skins when he was a super strong mid lane.

Xerath saw some use for a while, but a lot of the new mids, like diana, kicked him out of lane.

Poppy has been around since the beginning. Back then, you could see three or four skins each patch, because they didn't take as much time and effort as they take now.

Galio has never been incredibly popular..even when he was a solid mid lane pick.

He has had a few short bursts of popularity.. normally after people see a pro use him.. but he has always been a champ hovering around the bottom of the popularity charts. Same with Xerath and Poppy.

Even so.. none of these champions have ever been SIGNIFICANTLY more popular than Trundle or Karma. There is no excuse for 2 years.

Coast2Coast

12-13-2012

I've never said trundle is unpopular and therefore ignored by riot. I've always said its the other way around.

Trundle has been completely ignored by riot and has been a harsh victim of power creep that nobody plays him. I really would like to hear why riot has just refused to acknowledge his existence for 2 years.

Damoklese

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by junseii View Post
The karma rework has been said to be finished a while ago, my thought on why it still hasn't been close to releasing is because they don't have a skin of her to release with the rework, since that seems to be the model now

champ gets a rework
champ gets a new skin
lodemoni

See.. if that is the case..then thats the kind of thing that Riot could communicate to the fans who have been waiting for year(s).

I know that giving specific release dates, or even broad release windows, is a big no-no for them... but surely they could say SOMETHING.

junseii

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coast2Coast View Post
I've never said trundle is unpopular and therefore ignored by riot. I've always said its the other way around.

Trundle has been completely ignored by riot and has been a harsh victim of power creep that nobody plays him. I really would like to hear why riot has just refused to acknowledge his existence for 2 years.

making new bruisers is hard. On a more reasonable note, now I can't prove this, but its been said that their skin team has certain restrictions of how much they can make.

For example, for an udyr skin to be made, it takes the workload of 4 skins instead of one. Meaning that while an udyr skin is being made, other champions skins are pushed back and put on hold.

Alumenlux

12-13-2012

Karma is actually pretty strong lol, I got stomped by some AP Karma ;_;

1234511 ... 51