Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


How to Sign up for PBE ??

123
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XpectPanda

Junior Member

12-13-2012

Well i want to sign up for PBE but in the sign up site i can't change my region to PBE. I would really appreciate if you guys can help me. Thank you


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Puppy Storm

Senior Member

12-13-2012

Signups are currently closed due to the already large PBE player base, regardless of the time or date that you sign up.

Sorry about that. I'm sure they'll open up next month.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XpectPanda

Junior Member

12-13-2012

May i ask when i can i join next month


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kades

Recruiter

12-13-2012

We're not sure when we will turn the signups back on. We need to do a more efficient job of screening our applicants and need to put processes in place that preserves the experience for people who are trying to report bugs and give productive feedback- and not just try out 'free' content early.

I appreciate your interest in wanting to contribute to PBE- while our invitation process is still being ironed out (so nothing is finalized)- I'm going to push to have people who have actively been reporting reproducable bugs in our 'bugs forum' to get preference.

One of the main goals of PBE was to spot bugs before they go out to live- it makes sense that players who are already reporting bugs on live would be welcome additions. The goal is not to simply provide players with a 'playable preview' of upcoming changes or champions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FlagellarMotor

Junior Member

12-13-2012

Quote:
Kades:
We're not sure when we will turn the signups back on. We need to do a more efficient job of screening our applicants and need to put processes in place that preserves the experience for people who are trying to report bugs and give productive feedback- and not just try out 'free' content early.

I appreciate your interest in wanting to contribute to PBE- while our invitation process is still being ironed out (so nothing is finalized)- I'm going to push to have people who have actively been reporting reproducable bugs in our 'bugs forum' to get preference.

One of the main goals of PBE was to spot bugs before they go out to live- it makes sense that players who are already reporting bugs on live would be welcome additions. The goal is not to simply provide players with a 'playable preview' of upcoming changes or champions.


Kades, since you're here: Does this new process of electing new players to PBE include any preference for players who already work at QA for a living? I'm a QA at my company, and besides honestly wanting to see new cool stuff early, I think I could contribute to playtesting and reporting bugs in an intelligible manner.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kades

Recruiter

12-13-2012

This is just off the hip, but I think it would be difficult to find the work history for everyone applying. However, if you are good at what you do and you showcase that in say... the 'Bugs Forum'... located here:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=3


Then I think you'd make a good fit...!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spiku

Senior Member

12-13-2012

Will there in turn be a stricter enforcement of reports to remove the toxic element?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taikero

Senior Member

12-13-2012

I would additionally say that it's rather pointless to open up more invitations until and unless queues on the PBE almost disappear.

As-is the PBE is non-conducive to allowing someone to jump on, test something out, and report on it.

It's instead "Log in, walk away, watch a movie, come back if schedule allows, test something, disconnect, try to reconnect, if lucky avoid queue, if not, sorry, more hours of waiting for you."

Just saying, if you want more bugs reported and tested, it's easier to do so when your testing environment is friendly to the testers.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kades

Recruiter

12-13-2012

Quote:
Spiku:
Will there in turn be a stricter enforcement of reports to remove the toxic element?

Yes.

Quote:
Taikero:
I would additionally say that it's rather pointless to open up more invitations until and unless queues on the PBE almost disappear.

As-is the PBE is non-conducive to allowing someone to jump on, test something out, and report on it.

It's instead "Log in, walk away, watch a movie, come back if schedule allows, test something, disconnect, try to reconnect, if lucky avoid queue, if not, sorry, more hours of waiting for you."

Just saying, if you want more bugs reported and tested, it's easier to do so when your testing environment is friendly to the testers.

I agree. We're exploring some creative ideas to make reporting bugs easier for you, find better incentives for good behavior on the PBE, remove toxic players, and remove the strain of testing in the first place (such as long ques).


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Not Much U

Senior Member

12-13-2012

@kades

When you reopen the beta, with the invites, does it mean old PBE accounts become deleted, or did i get it wrong?

Cause, quite honestly, i find it to be a partially good idea of riding the infestation of counter-productive players out there. Then again, the problem of having an hour long queue to find an open game might become the problem, but i guess that's what the custom games can fix.

Anyways, to stop myself from dragging this out, there are upsides and downsides to that process. Any specific info on types of players you'll be pushing to invite? Cause some people might not stumble upon bugs that often or have just been able to confirm bugs only.


123