Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nidalee's Pounce

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sagee Prime

12-19-2012

Quote:
Jarose:
errbody bump this one instead

Guess I'm going to have to repost my thread. RIOT admins screwed me again and moved my thread to the wrong area. I don't post threads in champions feedback for a reason. Reds rarely look or post here.

AllBuddhas

12-19-2012

Quote:
Sagee Prime:
The main problem with pounce is not necessarily the way its controlled but a combination of how it is controlled and her interaction with minions. Swipe has the very same problem and unfortunately her controls do not give you the feeling of an agile, fast, and flexible Big Cat.

The main problem is the combination of her controls and her interaction with pathing in cougar form.

I don't like the idea of her purely jumping to her cursor because it doesn't fix her control over swipe. Jumping to the cursor makes it easier for her to escape but doesn't really improve her combat effectiveness.

I'd prefer a different approach:

Allow Nidalee to ignore unit collisions. (She seriously has some really messed up pathing around minions, champions, etc)
Both Pounce and Swipe retain the current Control scheme unless under certain conditions.

If Nidalee highlights an enemy with the cursor then swipe and pounce will claw/jump in the direction of that enemy.

This fixes 3 issues -
1. Nidalee will no longer leap over targets dealing 0 damage with pounce.

2. Nidalee will swipe in the direction of enemies immediately instead of having a long delay and slow turn radius hindering her from damaging enemies.

3. Nidalee will be able to pounce to an intended target even when there are minions, champions, or fuster clucked instances of utter chaos.

Currently her controls are slow, telegraphed, clunky, and often unpredictable when in contact with enemy and allied collisions.

You Sir are on to some really good stuff!

Gabelous

12-20-2012

The problems stem a bit from lack of understanding how precisely those mechanics work, and after playing a few custom matches 4v3 just to practice wall-jumping there is one critical criteria to if pounce works or doesn't.

She has to be moving and right next to the collision area in order to be successful.

This means that if you want to jump over a minion wave or a wall, you have to precisely know exactly where the collision point is and hit the cursor in exactly the same spot in order for it to work. If you don't, she pounces and stops at the collision point. Does this take practice? Oh yes it does... A lot. And even then if you are in the heat of a teamfight gone wrong and you are working to escape you may flub up on it, and that results in a fail and easily a death. And if it is minion waves? Well if they are all neatly lined up it is a bit easier to do. But a big cluster of 'em? There could be multiple collision points stemming from the individuals bunched up and hitting any one of them will result in a fail.

What I can gather from Swipe, the general logic is to use it after you pounce with the hopeful result of hitting the whole area where you bounce. But as I have watched, Nidalee seems to instantly turn to the closest minion in range to AA immediately after pounce, and this isn't always the minions in front of her. This usually results in her turning unexpectedly after she pounces and end up swiping in a direction completely undesired by the player. The only simple way to remedy this is to wait for her to AA before swiping so you know where the cone is going to be facing. Again, it is something one just have to learn as part of the champion. But it is easier to remedy than the pounce issue.

This is simply how it has always been, but the visual upgrade + the free week allowed practically every active summoner to pick her up. And the bulk won't know this and wonder what went wrong. I'm not saying that is how it should be but that you have to understand that and it is simply part of learning the champion.

Not saying there shouldn't be fixes, the previous thread that keeps getting thrown by admins into another forum cites far worse bugs that should be a priority to being fixed than the pounce/swipe issue. But I believe Nidalee's mechanics on a code level are wholly unique within the league and since no champions have yet to be created that even remotely emulates them the bugs and awareness of them fell by the wayside, and if you really want Riot to take notice you should really play her and try to master her under the mechanics themselves. If they see a lot more Nidalee activity, they will eventually be compelled to address the issue.

catalyst1c

12-20-2012

i believe that just her jump targeting should change the swipe is fine most of the time you fallow up with swipes after the pounce, so if we get the pounce to target toward cursor it will help with the swips at the same time! Just a thought...

rubyred111

06-27-2014

Please make these changes.

Guzamiru

06-27-2014

I love being able to attack where my cursor is and I like the new system however I have indeed found clunkyness in it.