Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nidalee's Pounce

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jarose

12-18-2012

Quote:
Gabelous:
Dear new Nidalee players.

Her pounce and swipe are fine, the problem is you. Whining to Riot to nerf/change something you need to pay attention to skill-wise is not the answer. You can either learn how to properly pounce/swipe rather than spamming buttons as soon as they are up or learn to play her with some degree of skill. Learn her, play her, and stop whining about changing something just because you can't pick it up and master it immediately.

Sincerely,

An older Nidalee player

I've been playing nid since release. I have played her for years, and love her. being a good nid player doesn't allow you do make every pounce work the way you want it. Plain and simple. Champions should be able to do what you want them to do, you should never have to "Hope" It just does what you want it to do.

catalyst1c

12-18-2012

Quote:
Jarose:
I've been playing nid since release. I have played her for years, and love her. being a good nid player doesn't allow you do make every pounce work the way you want it. Plain and simple. Champions should be able to do what you want them to do, you should never have to "Hope" It just does what you want it to do.

This is true for many Nid players we just been waiting and we are tired of waiting!

Gabelous

12-18-2012

I haven't been waiting, I think it is simply part of the game-play mechanic. You have to get a feel for the distance to pounce and direction for turning. I'm sorry you want something akin to Graves' quickdraw or Vayne tumble, but it isn't like that. It is also technically an AoE spell, and the damage doesn't reduce for more targets taking the damage.

You can either sit there and wait and hope riot makes it easier (and will probably nerf the damage to compensate), or you can work on being better yourself.

Gabelous

12-19-2012

So I played several games going support Nidalee and went 2/2, though the two losses for a 5-premade so I chalk that up to the other team being more attuned to general team comp (intentionally having more CC, bruisers, etc.) than my coworkers and I.

Honestly the pounce is actually BETTER than it was before. I found it is much more responsive in terms of turning around and hitting a group from relatively the same spot. The REAL trick is to not immediately hit swipe after you pounce, If you do that your facing will be off and you will probably miss most of your targets with it. You have to exercise some control when doing that, and not just spam-fest your keys.

I still think it doesn't need a rework because.

1. Unlike other mobility skills, Pounce is an actual damage AoE and not just a quick "dodge" like Tumble or Quickdraw. The only exception I can think of is Ezreal's Arcane Shift and even then it probably has a smaller AoE and is generally a finisher move in terms of damage. Most oft than not Ezreal players use it as a "quick flash" for positioning/escape.

2. It has a much lower CD than the other skills, making it easier to use to get away. If you can't easily pounce through shallow walls, that isn't the game's fault. You need to practice a bit in bot games to get that down, but accept the fact you may not time it right and it will fail completely from that.

I still don't believe pounce/swipe needs any "fixing". Besides part of the beauty is being able to juggle your two forms and six spells as situations arise and be able to help your team using that. If you are all-human chucking spears and healing, then the other team will simply try to bait/position to knock you out first. And it you go all-cougar you are simply a melee bruiser with a pretty useless heal and a marginal damage skillshot.

I may not agree with Riot on some things, mainly the constant re-release of Legacy and Holiday skins (pretty sure those Legacy skins haven't been in the Vault more than a full year) but I don't think they need to "fix" this just because you can't be bothered to learn the proper mechanics of the champion.

Sagee Prime

12-19-2012

you insist on bumping this thread that you don't agree on? You have the last 2 posts in it.

Anyway I have a more appropriate post if anyone that is watching this is interested.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=32608809

Daeana

12-19-2012

I really agree with this one as well but there are a few other changes that I would like as well I did post a fourm on my thoughts as well.

With the newer characters that have come out with mode changes Ex. Elise, Jayce there ULT in unlocked at level one.

It would be a nice change and I think and a welcomed one by us Nidalee players to have her Cat form available at level one. Then it scale as she puts points into it. I also think that her pounce should have a slow effect to it as well for her to assist in chasing down champs. I think this would make her a more viable option for jungleing and able to put pressure on champs early on.

Gabelous

12-19-2012

I'm just amusing she got a visual rework and all of a sudden people are complaining about gameplay changes. Nothing was really changed about her but the visuals and yet people use this in an attempt to complain about the gameplay changes. I'm pretty sure Riot is aware of this when they did the visual update, and there's a good chance if it wasn't changed then it wasn't broken.

The only thing they DID change was having pounce not break pathing, so you don't have to keep clicking your destination every time you pounce, but I feel that is more of a QoL change.

BlairJavin

12-19-2012

Quote:
Gabelous:
I'm just amusing she got a visual rework and all of a sudden people are complaining about gameplay changes. Nothing was really changed about her but the visuals and yet people use this in an attempt to complain about the gameplay changes. I'm pretty sure Riot is aware of this when they did the visual update, and there's a good chance if it wasn't changed then it wasn't broken.

The only thing they DID change was having pounce not break pathing, so you don't have to keep clicking your destination every time you pounce, but I feel that is more of a QoL change.

you're missing what happened. since they upgraded her visuals AND made her free in the same week, a HIGH influx of nid players came from it. that reveled those underlining problems she has had and made it so apparent whats wrong with her to a LOT more ppl.

nothing has changed, but pathing, true. but she has had balance/mechanic problems this whole time

Jarose

12-19-2012

Quote:
sagee prime:
you insist on bumping this thread that you don't agree on? You have the last 2 posts in it.

Anyway i have a more appropriate post if anyone that is watching this is interested.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=32608809

errbody bump this one instead

Somohexual

12-19-2012

Bumping because Nidalee's controls in Cougar Form are what keep me from really wanting to play her.