Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nidalee's Pounce

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jarose

12-16-2012

Quote:
Eufrasi:
I was just logging onto the forums to make a thread similar to this. Everyone gets screwed over by unit collision in one way or another but Nidalee in particular suffers from it because of the current functionality of Pounce. There are a number of ways to fix this, which have already been highlighted in the discussion above. So, basically, this is just a glorified bump.

I like you.

Jarose

12-16-2012

shamless self bump #5. I will make this thread known. REDS, COME OONNN.

Shumida

12-16-2012

I approve

Jarose

12-16-2012

Quote:
Sagee Prime:
The main problem with pounce is not necessarily the way its controlled but a combination of how it is controlled and her interaction with minions. Swipe has the very same problem and unfortunately her controls do not give you the feeling of an agile, fast, and flexible Big Cat.

The main problem is the combination of her controls and her interaction with pathing in cougar form.

I don't like the idea of her purely jumping to her cursor because it doesn't fix her control over swipe.

I'd prefer a different approach:

Allow Nidalee to ignore unit collisions. (She seriously has some really messed up pathing around minions, champions, etc)
Both Pounce and Swipe retain the current Control scheme unless under certain conditions.

If Nidalee highlights an enemy with the cursor then swipe and pounce will claw/jump in the direction of that enemy.

This fixes 3 issues -
1. Nidalee will no longer leap over targets dealing 0 damage with pounce.

2. Nidalee will swipe in the direction of enemies immediately instead of having a long delay and slow turn radius hindering her from damaging enemies.

3. Nidalee will be able to pounce to an intended target even when there are minions, champions, or fuster clucked instances of utter chaos.

Currently her controls are slow, telegraphed, clunky, and often unpredictable when in contact with enemy and allied collisions.

Everyone in the world needs to read this.

dirtysanchez1

12-16-2012

I disagree with having it go in the direction of your mouse. There's two fundamental differences between how it works with Riven and Nidalee and how it works for the example of Vayne: Vayne expends resources for it and doesn't Tumble for mobility. When going to lane, both Riven and Nidalee use Broken Wings and Pounce to get to lane quicker. This offers no consequence because both have short cooldowns and have no cost of resources. Having the feature like this also allows you to scout the map while you get back into lane without your direction being changed because your mouse is over the minimap. Vayne using Tumble to move around the map presents two problems: It won't go on cooldown until she attacks something or Tumble's timer runs out and she uses mana for it. If Vayne Tumbled all the way back to lane she'd have a significant loss of mana and might encounter an enemy champion on her way which she can't duel properly without repositioning herself with Tumble.

I think the difference is what the abilities are meant to be used for rather than what sounds practical.

I like Sagee's idea of giving her cougar abilities targetted properties but only if there's targets. It allows you to swipe minions and enemies without missing them completely and pounce on waves rather than over them. If your mouse isn't hovering/targetting an enemy then it should act in the direction that Nidalee is facing.

Jarose

12-16-2012

Quote:
************1:
I disagree with having it go in the direction of your mouse. There's two fundamental differences between how it works with Riven and Nidalee and how it works for the example of Vayne: Vayne expends resources for it and doesn't Tumble for mobility. When going to lane, both Riven and Nidalee use Broken Wings and Pounce to get to lane quicker. This offers no consequence because both have short cooldowns and have no cost of resources. Having the feature like this also allows you to scout the map while you get back into lane without your direction being changed because your mouse is over the minimap. Vayne using Tumble to move around the map presents two problems: It won't go on cooldown until she attacks something or Tumble's timer runs out and she uses mana for it. If Vayne Tumbled all the way back to lane she'd have a significant loss of mana and might encounter an enemy champion on her way which she can't duel properly without repositioning herself with Tumble.

I think the difference is what the abilities are meant to be used for rather than what sounds practical.

I like Sagee's idea of giving her cougar abilities targetted properties but only if there's targets. It allows you to swipe minions and enemies without missing them completely and pounce on waves rather than over them. If your mouse isn't hovering/targetting an enemy then it should act in the direction that Nidalee is facing.

Riven also gets 3 chances to fix her jump if she misses one. (Two more Q's and her E). If nidalee gets one bad jump it's all over.

Qsario

12-16-2012

Quote:
Sagee Prime:
The main problem with pounce is not necessarily the way its controlled but a combination of how it is controlled and her interaction with minions. Swipe has the very same problem and unfortunately her controls do not give you the feeling of an agile, fast, and flexible Big Cat.

The main problem is the combination of her controls and her interaction with pathing in cougar form.

I don't like the idea of her purely jumping to her cursor because it doesn't fix her control over swipe.

I'd prefer a different approach:

Allow Nidalee to ignore unit collisions. (She seriously has some really messed up pathing around minions, champions, etc)
Both Pounce and Swipe retain the current Control scheme unless under certain conditions.

If Nidalee highlights an enemy with the cursor then swipe and pounce will claw/jump in the direction of that enemy.

This fixes 3 issues -
1. Nidalee will no longer leap over targets dealing 0 damage with pounce.

2. Nidalee will swipe in the direction of enemies immediately instead of having a long delay and slow turn radius hindering her from damaging enemies.

3. Nidalee will be able to pounce to an intended target even when there are minions, champions, or fuster clucked instances of utter chaos.

Currently her controls are slow, telegraphed, clunky, and often unpredictable when in contact with enemy and allied collisions.

I agree 100%. The new art is nice, but the controls really feel clunky and should be reworked. I just wish they'd done this with the remake.

And if they feel that giving her unit collision ignore is too much, they could always add a slow to it like they did with Garen's spin.

Jarose

12-16-2012

more bumps because <3 nidalee. (I think i've officially taken over this thread.)

Sagee Prime

12-17-2012

Quote:
Qsario:
I agree 100%. The new art is nice, but the controls really feel clunky and should be reworked. I just wish they'd done this with the remake.

And if they feel that giving her unit collision ignore is too much, they could always add a slow to it like they did with Garen's spin.

I'm not impressed with the remodel. They announced it too early, then released it too early(or at least it seems that way), and didn't take anytime to fix any of her bugs or smooth out her mechanics and controls.

You would have thought they would have coordinated together to knock a bunch of this out especially since I have a 2 year old bugs thread that they "Know about".

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=501818

I'm sad...

Aléjandro

12-17-2012

I've played Nid for a long time and the most annoying thing is getting literally stuck in a group of your own minions while trying to cs. That and trying to run from someone by pouncing over a wall, and you automatically attack them which turns you around and causes you to go the other direction. ...Phantom Dancer?