Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nidalee's Pounce

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Togekiss24

12-15-2012

... So I'm not the only one who thinks that Nid's control scheme is awkward in cougar form? I recently bought this champ and I've been loving her, but I'm afraid to give her a run in PVP because I haven't "mastered" her cougar form.

I honestly like the idea of a cursor-based pounce and I don't think it would cause harm at all. Heck, Fizz has it, and he feels more like a nimble champ by comparison. Wasn't nid designed for her mobility?

I would adore this fix for her.

Sagee Prime

12-15-2012

Too bad the reds never look in this section.

Jarose

12-15-2012

MORE BUMPS. I'm going to start posting this everywhere. I've been talking about this needing a fix forever and was going to start a thread about it when I found this one.

ITS GONNA HAPPEN

Jarose

12-15-2012

I know I JUST Bumped this thread, but I want this to be real so bad it hurts. COME ON NID LOVERS

CareBears4U

12-15-2012

Quote:
Jarose:
I know I JUST Bumped this thread, but I want this to be real so bad it hurts. COME ON NID LOVERS

Shameless bump! I'm a nid lover tooooo =) No more smashing heads into walls please

theloopylobster

12-16-2012

Quote:
footfoe:
thing is, if they made this change, then they would immediately have to nerf her.

I mean if you could reliably jump over short walls and get out of fights the way you wanted, she would be really good o.o noming people left and right.

This is why dont make it towards the cursor but just remove unit collision. This way you still have to aim dead on to make it, but you dont have to worry about bloody minions screwing up the pathing.

On a side note, hey Sage, I really wish the reds would just notice this for once, how many times have you suggested this on different Nidalee threads?
Far too many for my liking

Sagee Prime

12-16-2012

Quote:
theloopylobster:
This is why dont make it towards the cursor but just remove unit collision. This way you still have to aim dead on to make it, but you dont have to worry about bloody minions screwing up the pathing.

On a side note, hey Sage, I really wish the reds would just notice this for once, how many times have you suggested this on different Nidalee threads?
Far too many for my liking

Yeah and they stopped posting or even attempting to fix Nidalee bugs once my bug thread got moved from General discussion to the bugs section.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=501818

theloopylobster

12-16-2012

I have to admit it kinda annoys me. Its not like its that big of a deal to put in, I mean Fizz and Hecarim both have no unit collision on their passives, Jayce has a small unit collision remover when he changes between and hammer and cannon, Elise doesn't have this but she has a small short cooldown jump (Much like Pounce) But its targeted, so pathing isn't going to screw you up with it.

Add to this that the new Phantom Dancer has the new passive that removes unit collision, multiple champs in game are now going to end up with no unit collision.

I would be perfectly happy if it was just on her Cougar form, its not going to make her ridiculously powerful because she can just run through a wall of minions, because she could do that anyway with Pounce, this just means the Pounce isn't going to be retarded and jump back into the enemy champ.

Jarose

12-16-2012

moar bumps.

Eufrasi

12-16-2012

I was just logging onto the forums to make a thread similar to this. Everyone gets screwed over by unit collision in one way or another but Nidalee in particular suffers from it because of the current functionality of Pounce. There are a number of ways to fix this, which have already been highlighted in the discussion above. So, basically, this is just a glorified bump.