Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Nidalee's Pounce

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

footfoe

12-13-2012

Food for thought. You are going to make a champion several times more mobile and useful.

Compare to when they "fixed" rumble's flamespitter, only to be forced to nerf it next patch.

Sagee Prime

12-14-2012

Quote:
footfoe:
Food for thought. You are going to make a champion several times more mobile and useful.

Compare to when they "fixed" rumble's flamespitter, only to be forced to nerf it next patch.

not much different than what they did to cho and there is no reason why mechanics like pathing should have such a big impact on your ability to control not only your champion but also your abilities.

OmeQuicksilver

12-14-2012

It really needs to be fixed. I cannot tell you how annying it is to be running from a Fiddle Ult, and because I brushed against a minion when trying to pounce, I instead end up jumping right into his AoE. I mean if Vayne's tumble, or Graves Quickdraw, suffered from the same problems as Pounce, a nice portion of the players would probably be foaming at the mouth. Not to mention she doesn't have any slows or knockbacks like those two do means that once bounce off a minion, you have no other way to escape until it's cooled down or you have a flash to spend. I don't see why it doesn't work like tumble, that would be perfect for it.

Sagee Prime

12-15-2012

I have been playing her for over 2 years and people still think it is intended for you to magically leap 180 degrees in the wrong direction when you clip a minion.

Vaxxi

12-15-2012

yes

Tomukai

12-15-2012

Quote:
footfoe:

so you're telling me
because her broken as all hell ability would be fixed so it's less clunky
it would be OP?(It's not like her pounce does THAT much damage. If you're that out of position she's cougar raping you, that's your fault)

Jarose

12-15-2012

KEEP THIS THREAD ALIVE. MAKE IT HUGE, AND MAKE THIS REALLY GET FIXED. NIDALEE NEEDS A FIXIN'.

Bump.

catalyst1c

12-15-2012

More Bumps!!

CareBears4U

12-15-2012

Quote:
Sagee Prime:
The main problem with pounce is not necessarily the way its controlled but a combination of how it is controlled and her interaction with minions. Swipe has the very same problem and unfortunately her controls do not give you the feeling of an agile, fast, and flexible Big Cat.

The main problem is the combination of her controls and her interaction with pathing in cougar form.

I don't like the idea of her purely jumping to her cursor because it doesn't fix her control over swipe.

I'd prefer a different approach:

Allow Nidalee to ignore unit collisions. (She seriously has some really messed up pathing around minions, champions, etc)
Both Pounce and Swipe retain the current Control scheme unless under certain conditions.

If Nidalee highlights an enemy with the cursor then swipe and pounce will claw/jump in the direction of that enemy.

This fixes 2 issues - 1. Nidalee will no longer leap over targets dealing 0 damage with pounce and 2. Nidalee will swipe in the direction of enemies immediately instead of having a long delay and slow turn radius hindering her from damaging enemies.

Currently her controls are slow, telegraphed, clunky, and often unpredictable when in contact with enemy and allied collisions.

Another issue with Nidalee is if she's running away and you have an enemy right behind you. Normally Nidalee pauses for a split second before pouncing over a wall, however, during that tiny pause, she will instead auto-aggro the enemy behind her and cause her to jump backwards into her enemy again.

This is really annoying but can be fixed by holding down the S key though. The most annoying moment of this happening is when Jarvan ultis her and traps her inside. If you do not hold down S, she will turn around to atk Jarvan and mess up her pounce again. Auto-aggro messes up her pathing a lot. For instance, when you are chasing an enemy down a lane, and a whole wave of minions are approaching, she will somehow throw herself to the side or diagonally backwards which is very frustrating

Riot, please fix her pounce mechanics. It is very hard to plow through the enemy's front line for her to reach the squishies where as Wukong, Irelia, or Jax can all target and dash to the carries in the back.

OmeQuicksilver

12-15-2012

Bump for fixin