Nidalee's Pounce

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Diokatsu

12-12-2012

This might seem a bit strange to those comfortable with the champion, but I feel as though the nature of Nidalee's Pounce is archaic and feels awkward when compared to other very similar abilities such as Vayne's tumble. As of now it pounces in the direction of the way you are currently facing, which would be fine if anyone else had to deal with this awkwardly implemented ability, but comparing it to those who can move towards a cursor, the tech in her ability feels almost like a mistake than a genuine difference.

Just an opinion, but I hope people will take it seriously.

Sagee Prime

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

The main problem with pounce is not necessarily the way its controlled but a combination of how it is controlled and her interaction with minions. Swipe has the very same problem and unfortunately her controls do not give you the feeling of an agile, fast, and flexible Big Cat.

The main problem is the combination of her controls and her interaction with pathing in cougar form.

I don't like the idea of her purely jumping to her cursor because it doesn't fix her control over swipe. Jumping to the cursor makes it easier for her to escape but doesn't really improve her combat effectiveness.

I'd prefer a different approach:

Allow Nidalee to ignore unit collisions. (She seriously has some really messed up pathing around minions, champions, etc)
Both Pounce and Swipe retain the current Control scheme unless under certain conditions.

If Nidalee highlights an enemy with the cursor then swipe and pounce will claw/jump in the direction of that enemy.

This fixes 3 issues -
1. Nidalee will no longer leap over targets dealing 0 damage with pounce.

2. Nidalee will swipe in the direction of enemies immediately instead of having a long delay and slow turn radius hindering her from damaging enemies.

3. Nidalee will be able to pounce to an intended target even when there are minions, champions, or fuster clucked instances of utter chaos.

Currently her controls are slow, telegraphed, clunky, and often unpredictable when in contact with enemy and allied collisions.

Diokatsu

12-12-2012

Wow those are really nice and unique changes. I agree with what you're saying.

Sagee Prime

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diokatsu View Post
Wow those are really nice and unique changes. I agree with what you're saying.
Its very similar to the way Riven's Broken Wings works minus the ignores Unit collisions bit but Riven also doesn't have a torpedo shaped body.

catalyst1c

12-13-2012

This change should have happened shortly after Riven came out but it didn't nid players like i just have been hoping for this change be we love the champ enough to deal with this but the model rework should have brought it to riots attention, but alas, it hasn't or they failed to care. They show in the spot light her jumping over walls in a real jungle engage it is harder than it looks and fail due to pathing distance issues ect. Please RIOT we all want this change!

Void2258

12-13-2012

Please do this.

Kholdstare13

12-13-2012

Please make them both auto-smartcast skillshots. While you're at it, make Cass's ult one too. It would be a huge QoL improvement to be able to target swipe and pounce with the cursor.

footfoe

12-13-2012

thing is, if they made this change, then they would immediately have to nerf her.

I mean if you could reliably jump over short walls and get out of fights the way you wanted, she would be really good o.o noming people left and right.

Mista Waka

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagee Prime View Post
The main problem with pounce is not necessarily the way its controlled but a combination of how it is controlled and her interaction with minions. Swipe has the very same problem and unfortunately her controls do not give you the feeling of an agile, fast, and flexible Big Cat.

The main problem is the combination of her controls and her interaction with pathing in cougar form.

I don't like the idea of her purely jumping to her cursor because it doesn't fix her control over swipe.

I'd prefer a different approach:

Allow Nidalee to ignore unit collisions. (She seriously has some really messed up pathing around minions, champions, etc)
Both Pounce and Swipe retain the current Control scheme unless under certain conditions.

If Nidalee highlights an enemy with the cursor then swipe and pounce will claw/jump in the direction of that enemy.

This fixes 2 issues - 1. Nidalee will no longer leap over targets dealing 0 damage with pounce and 2. Nidalee will swipe in the direction of enemies immediately instead of having a long delay and slow turn radius hindering her from damaging enemies.

Currently her controls are slow, telegraphed, clunky, and often unpredictable when in contact with enemy and allied collisions.
Out of my hundreds of Nidalee games those have really been the most notable problems.

Sagee Prime

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfoe View Post
thing is, if they made this change, then they would immediately have to nerf her.

I mean if you could reliably jump over short walls and get out of fights the way you wanted, she would be really good o.o noming people left and right.
This is just ignorant thinking that impacts progress. You are judging something before it has happened and I don't think you even read what I put down.

A funny thing before the last patch went live is that allot of people though AD were gonna suck. Well then they discovered black cleavers.

Food for thought.

12345 ... 7