Katarina vs. Mordekaiser - Solo mid lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reinvented

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2010

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if this is even possible to counter a Morde coming at you in mid? Bouncing blade becomes ineffective really, because of the shield, and therefore you cannot push. Is this normal?

If not, what can I do to counter this if anything at all?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

xavarn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2010

Id say its pretty normal not to push vs mord, besides, pushing will often cause you to get ganked. Id say just keep the debuff on him from bouncing blades as much as you can and try to harras before his shields are up. Other than that just last hit and wait for ganks from your jungler.

altairian

10-12-2010

Just from reading your post I can tell there's a fundamental flaw in your approach to solo mid. Your first concern appears to be your ability to push the lane. Pushing is not the solo mids job. Your primary focus should be last hits. Your secondary focus is denying your opponent last hits. Now pushing the lane is a fairly effective method for achieving that, but personally I find it more effective to push the HERO out with harassment/ganks, and keep the creeps away from either tower as much as humanly possible.

All that said, mordekaiser is a huge pain in the balls as a mid because he does push the lane and he's super hard to harass due to his shield. My approach to laning against mordekaiser is to focus purely on last hits. If I can get a little hp damage on mord here and there I try for it, but I pretty much accept the fact that he will be pushing my lane, and try to out-cs him anyway (it's hard but doable unless they're really really good at cs)

PainOfInsanity

10-12-2010

I've laned against Mord once in TT and won. But that's TT, there is mid brush where i can ult as he's face checking and dies before he know's it . So I suggest getting a jungler and doing top solo.

Harrass him at early lvls to get his hp down, so he's more hesitant to harass you and may cause him to spam his spells more which kills him .

Reinvented

10-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by altairian View Post
Just from reading your post I can tell there's a fundamental flaw in your approach to solo mid. Your first concern appears to be your ability to push the lane. Pushing is not the solo mids job. Your primary focus should be last hits. Your secondary focus is denying your opponent last hits. Now pushing the lane is a fairly effective method for achieving that, but personally I find it more effective to push the HERO out with harassment/ganks, and keep the creeps away from either tower as much as humanly possible.

All that said, mordekaiser is a huge pain in the balls as a mid because he does push the lane and he's super hard to harass due to his shield. My approach to laning against mordekaiser is to focus purely on last hits. If I can get a little hp damage on mord here and there I try for it, but I pretty much accept the fact that he will be pushing my lane, and try to out-cs him anyway (it's hard but doable unless they're really really good at cs)
Thank you. That's what I needed to hear. No, I actually wasn't trying to push the lane. Most of it was spent tower hugging as he was insanely aggressive. couldn't really whittle away at his shield. Made it insanely difficult for BB to even be effective. By that time, he had farmed so much of the creeps, he had outleveled me actually and pushed even harder. No ganks were even attempted on mid for help, which was pretty sad in itself.

Reinvented

10-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavarn View Post
Id say its pretty normal not to push vs mord, besides, pushing will often cause you to get ganked. Id say just keep the debuff on him from bouncing blades as much as you can and try to harras before his shields are up. Other than that just last hit and wait for ganks from your jungler.
Ah! forgot to respond to this one too! We HAD no jungler. It's becoming very common now in norm 5v5. :/ So, I'm not sure what the deal is with people these days.