Purchase Gifts for your Friends this Snowdown

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NordicBeserkr

12-24-2012

Accidentally clicked the Ignore button when I hit Tab in a game on my friend. Which for some reason automatically removed him from my friend list.

So now I can't gift him anything, and he can't gift me.

This is ****ing stupid.

Yggdleaf

12-24-2012

Think about people who cant buy RP because dont have credit card or Paypal and live in other countries. I know that Riot have to make money, but this feature only works for guys who have girlfriends in the game.

Yggdleaf

12-24-2012

Think about people who cant buy RP because dont have credit card or Paypal and live in other countries. I know that Riot have to make money, but this feature only works for guys who have girlfriends in the game.

Everybody is selfish, or simply didnt have people before early december.
People like me that cant obtain RP EASILY is really screwed

Aurorasaurs

12-25-2012

Gifts aren't just for the Holidays, there are birthdays to celebrate, great games to reward, even just a "hello, it's been awhile" gift to give. If there are going to be all these restrictions on gift giving, shouldn't we be able to work towards that goal? Having friends last longer than a month, or gaining that experience to level up.
I really hope the gifting center is here to stay, so we don't have to wait until next Holiday season to reward our friends with what we think they'd enjoy. And hopefully Riot Games you will decide to give the requirements a break. Maybe and a warning when purchasing that there will be no refunds for "friends" who decide to delete their gift sender after scamming them into a gift. There are enough spots during purchase where we need to agree before buying for us to complain about poor judgement with new friends (there will always be those few looking for their chance to complain, but I think there are enough benefits to outweigh them). Thank you for looking out for us Riot!
I hope we can come to a compromise with the gifting center that everyone will be able to handle.

Whyte Fang

12-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyocaso View Post
You are right. But you are also wrong.

League of Legends is a game free to play. To maintain the server, Riot need money, so they sell products inside LoL. They do offers, events and other strategies to obtain money, because they need it to maintain the game, and to have some profit (because League of Legends isn't only a game, it's a bussiness for them, and all of us know that).

First of all we are not complaining about they looking for money. At least neither me or some people in previous post. What we are doing is giving our point of view, and asking.

Second, it's alright if they want to obtain money. They need it. What we are asking is some middle point between they gaining money and us, the users, having fun and enjoying some event. We are not asking them to have ALL free. But also we are asking them not to be greedy.

In example. Maybe I'm mistaked about how works all this gift-thing. I though we can't use IP for a champion as a gift, but maybe we can. But in case that we can't use IP for buying champions for our friends, I was asking them to let us do it. They can gain money with those that buy some skin for their friends. They can gain money with those that buy RP for their friends. They even gain money for the few people that spend their RP buying a champion for their friends. They lose some money if let us use IP in a champion-gift? Yes, a little, but still gain money. What all need to be money, money, money, instead of a event where they gain money, and we enjoy, all of us, not only the people that can buy.
Yes thank you, I am directing this to not everyone; but the people who complain about Riot and view them as greedy people.

Kiddalee

12-25-2012

I came here again looking for the fine print on what date the Gifting Center closes. I've been trying to get my BIL to decide what he wants for weeks, and rushing him adds needless tension. You might want to announce the closing date when you do these things.

Kiddalee

12-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyocaso View Post
You are right. But you are also wrong.

League of Legends is a game free to play. To maintain the server, Riot need money, so they sell products inside LoL. They do offers, events and other strategies to obtain money, because they need it to maintain the game, and to have some profit (because League of Legends isn't only a game, it's a bussiness for them, and all of us know that).

First of all we are not complaining about they looking for money. At least neither me or some people in previous post. What we are doing is giving our point of view, and asking.

Second, it's alright if they want to obtain money. They need it. What we are asking is some middle point between they gaining money and us, the users, having fun and enjoying some event. We are not asking them to have ALL free. But also we are asking them not to be greedy.

In example. Maybe I'm mistaked about how works all this gift-thing. I though we can't use IP for a champion as a gift, but maybe we can. But in case that we can't use IP for buying champions for our friends, I was asking them to let us do it. They can gain money with those that buy some skin for their friends. They can gain money with those that buy RP for their friends. They even gain money for the few people that spend their RP buying a champion for their friends. They lose some money if let us use IP in a champion-gift? Yes, a little, but still gain money. What all need to be money, money, money, instead of a event where they gain money, and we enjoy, all of us, not only the people that can buy.
Allowing IP gifting is NOT middle ground. It is not just letting the poor players enjoy the Gifting Center. It is allowing ALL players prevent their friends from spending RP. This includes players who have already spent all the RP they will ever need and aren't paying Riot anymore. Many people have been playing this game for years and are sitting on tens of thousands of IP; they are not giving Riot as much money as they used to. And you're saying I should be able to spend IP to help prevent my friend from spending RP? Great, that's two people who aren't spending cash, instead of one who is. Allowing IP-gifting WILL prevent Riot from making a lot of money; it's an exponential loss.

Major Glitch

12-25-2012

Any idea how long it'll take the get the summoner icons? I sent a few skins as gifts shortly after the legacy vault was opened, and I have yet to receive Urf.

Brawrr

12-25-2012

Dear Riot, I was trying to gift my friend a skin but I cannot currently. It says we have not been friends long enough because I stupidly hit the ignore buddy option. Can u help me?

donteatmycake

12-25-2012

thats wonderful but i tried to send a gift to a friend i have had on my list since early december and i got a sry but he hasnt been on your friends list for long enough msg and i have known him for a while just didnt kno he had LoL he isnt a hacker and neither am i and so there is no reason i cant "surprise here is you christmas present" him except you wont let me cause of my own protection, protection from what from hackers that have not and wont be a bigger problem if you let me gift him after he has been on my friends list for a couple weeks i just dont get it and since i am a customer i think you need to explain