Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[guide] The MFing Cho'Gath

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sakir

12-24-2009

Just tried this today. My favorite part was when 3 or 4 people tried to gank my Master Yi teammate. I teleported in while he ran, ate the nearest person, and then laughed all the way to void as the rest focused me and Yi came in and cleaned them up when he was at <10% hp.

Also towerdiving has never been so easy/fun.

condon

Recruiter

12-24-2009

Quote:
Sakir:
Just tried this today. My favorite part was when 3 or 4 people tried to gank my Master Yi teammate. I teleported in while he ran, ate the nearest person, and then laughed all the way to void as the rest focused me and Yi came in and cleaned them up when he was at <10% hp.

Also towerdiving has never been so easy/fun.

You've mastered the fear. Now, get yourself deep into bee control and you can be the pain.

Remember kids: Theres always, ALWAYS room for more bees.

BEEEES!

Milskidasith

12-24-2009

A question for the master of the MFing Cho'Gath:

Does the area covered by Vorpal Spikes increase as Cho gets bigger? Also, does his autoattack range get bigger, or is it purely for inspiring terror about the fact you're three times bigger than their pitiful squishies?

Techtonic

12-24-2009

Wow great guide and best I have ever read! Whats wierd is that I came up with a very similar build the night before I read this! My build is a lot different though because I get a chalice early for the MR and mana regen on it is all Ill ever need! That and I tend to use rupture for stuns so I can walk in and NOM their faces but it tends to be the last ability I max, but Im definitely trying this one out.

reixin

12-24-2009

reixin hearts the MFing cho'gath. tried this guide yesterday and it was hilarious how many times they focused me in teamfights. then i would casually bite a head or two off watch yi slaughter them all, and then brush some dust off my scales... or skin, and dance on the corpse of the eve laying in a pool of blood... laughing

Polixo

Recruiter

12-24-2009

Ok ok at first I just read your guide and laughed, A LOT, but didn't bother trying it cause I was enjoying my own AP Chogath... But I have to say after trying your gear I was, THE MFING CHO'GATH and I loved it.

Ended the match 10/2/12, as we played 4v5, and countless times I charged into a turret with champions, my team killed all champions, the tower, and I lived.

Nothing like being focused with 6k+ hp and being the size of a ****ing truck. Nah, I was a ****ing truck.

Onuma

Recruiter

12-25-2009

Out of a maximum 10 points, I give this guide....

MotherF***er/10.

Well played, sir.

Shatterlight

12-25-2009

Polixo, the MFing Cho'gath is no truck you fool!

He is a monster truck with 15 foot long spikes on all sides, and a nuke tied to the back to hit things even harder! That eats things! YOU ARE THE MFING CHO'GATH!!! Don't limit yourself!

CryHavoc

12-25-2009

I have a new favorite LoL moment (I think).

In all my time playing, I have yet to find something that was quite this hilarious.

Situation: It was mid game, I was around level 13, most of the other team was 10/11 (thanks to my harassing using this guide, I was three levels ahead of them nearly the entire game). They were set for a mid push, as they were bent on dropping our outer middle tower, and they just killed two of my teammates. I teleport in, sporting very decent gear for my level. I'm now standing alone against four nearly full health champions.

So what do I do? I unleash the MFing Cho'Gath, *****! Twisted fate steps forward to kill some creeps. "I'm still in my own turret's range, so I'm safe!" - thinks CM to himself. A pause, and then, "But.... but.... w-what is this ground underneath me shaking for?" CM is clearly curious as to the situation, moments before my spikes impale him. "AHHHHHH! I've been fiste...-er, stabbededed!" cries the Cardmaster. At this point, he's clearly thinking his teammates will save them. And indeed, they take a few steps forward, still none-too-concerned since their carry is still around half health. So it is now me in close proximity to 4 champions who have all manner of CC and bursty damage that can make alien lunch out of even my tanky self.

I MFing walk right up to them, at which point I'm pretty sure all of CM's "aces up his sleeve" are spilling down his pantleg. "HOLY **** THAT GUY'S HUGE HELP HELP I'M SQUISHY." I should be dead. But I'm not, because right as the tower begins firing on me, I silence ALL of them, dropping our dear gambler down to 2/5ths health, whereupon I EAT HIS FACE, and take two steps back so I don't die to the turret. CM screams, "AHHHHH, he's using my cards to pick my innards out of his teeth!" with his dying breath. I type /laugh, and walk away. The enemy team is so stunned by this point they just stand behind their tower, not making a move to take advantage of a tank that is obviously overcommitmed with a 3vs1 free gank opportunity. Holding a lane by yourself against 4 champions while killing someone is the definition of a beastly tank, and this guide is a very, very good start to playing a Cho'Gath that the enemy has nightmares about.

Friggin'. Awesome.

-----

I should also mention that late-game, if I'm built correctly (read: buying the right armor to counter the enemy) and have a few ganks via NOM to get some gold, there are numerous champions that pose absolutely no threat to me. I can literally eat towers, not because I take them out quickly (far from it), but because I will literally sit on a tower, attacking it while my creeps feel it's wrath while I have 1 or even 2 enemy champions literally pounding on me for up to 20-30 seconds at a time. Even with hard CC, I just sit there and take it, watching my health slowly droop from full to 3/4ths, while their tower's health is crushed. If they actually have enough bursty to damage me, I throw spikes up and run away. The best part is, since I've let them pound on me, they're stationary and not viewing me as a threat, so the spikes ALWAYS hit them and let me get away with no worries.

CactusGuy

12-27-2009

What does the MF Chogath do against Twitch? I just played a match where I soloed mid against him and felt disadvantaged the entire time. Vorpals dont touch him, he doesn't worry about HP cause he has life steal items, he can stealth if he smells danger, his ult and poison damage skill are indeed powerful enough to take down Chogath in a 1v1, he buys nice boots and zeal and **** making rupture pretty tame against him, his damage gets hotter the longer he shoots you making your fat hp less important...

Should MFCG be switching lanes if he runs into Twitch?