Heimerdinger and Rylai's Crystal Scepter

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Yakitate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2010

Okay, I'm just curious for anyone who plays Heimer out there if they could give their opinion on the usefulness of Rylai's.

In short, I'm wondering how well the slow really works with his spells.

If you could answer any of the following questions then it'd be greatly appreciated:

1) Do rockets and grenade count as a multi-target spell (thus giving only a 15% slow)?

2) Do turrets get any bonus slow from the scepter (pretty sure it doesn't but just asking anyways)?

3) How useful have you found Rylai's to be in games you've played?

Rick182

10-12-2010

First of all, Rylai's is not just about the slow. It combines HP with AP, both very useful. As for your questions:

1) Yeah, both ar multi target spells, thus giving only a 15% slow.

2) No, they don't. Your ult is there for it (although his ult is not that good now, really)

3) Heimer is a really AMAZING farmer, so stacking AP on him is not really that hard. For me, at least, Rylai's is core build. It provides survivability anyway, so even if the game is not going that well for me and my team, I think it's worth buying. Rylai's synchronizes amazingly with Heimer's skills, and can be a great help on chasing enemies and positioning overall.

Consider that this is MY opinion, in MY way to play Heimer. You may agree or disagree on anything as you please.

Hope it helped you somehow anyway (:

Yakitate

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-12-2010

Hey, thanks for the tips. I know that's not the only reason to get a scepter but I'm pondering how well it really works for chasing down enemies or preventing them from catching up with you.

Yah, I pretty much play the 'glass cannon' build on him and I've been pondering how well Rylai's really synchronizes with it. I'm wondering if there's a better item for him to get that'll give him better survivability with what he has. Perhaps a single Warmog's for survivability, no?

Mind you, I enjoy experimenting with him. My main build pretty much consists of Sorceror's Shoes, Z-ring, and a pair of Archangel's for AP stacking. I'm pretty good at farming with him and go the Nuke Heimer route on ability setup.

FireFa11

10-12-2010

No Warmogs.
Tear is good, into 1 AA staff, but don't make 2.
You're better off going into Deathfire, Abysmal, Lichbane, or Frozen Heart

Rick182

10-12-2010

I don't really like AA on him... but it's just a playstyle issue...

I go with:

Meki + 2 mana pots
boots 1
Chalice
sorc boots
RoA
Rylai's
Zhonya's (or another survivability item like banshee's for example, in case i'm being raped)

CosmoVibe

10-12-2010

Most effective build in terms of usefulness and effectiveness throughout the game is:

Doran's Ring
Doran's Ring + Regular Boots
Blasting Wand
Needlessly Large Rod
Zhonya

From here the order can be changed around a little bit more:

Sorcerer Boots/Haunting Guise
Rylai/Archangel
Void Staff

However, it does have a few downsides. You have to rely on runes for mana regen early game, and you should also build your skills in the correct order, namely leveling grenades last. In addition, you have to make sure you get Ghost/Flash/Cleanse for escape mechanisms. This build allows you to last hit effectively, push or not push (depending on what you want), defend towers, harass opponents, and build into powerful late game utilities for teamfights. (I still have problems conserving mana, trying to use spells to make up for small mistakes)

This build is only for advanced players that develop playstyles that maximize Heimer's strengths. If you play him differently, there are other builds that work better.