Nidalee Champion Spotlight and Visual Upgrade

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brady1465

12-12-2012

her stripper pole dance got nerfed..........

Fz3r0

12-12-2012

So Nidalee also dances sexy now...when will there be more champ remakes? For Akali, for example.

Aqua Galaxy

12-12-2012

So when's the patch?

Also, hope they end up adding new loadscreens for her skins, especially french maid.

Zeratoth

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iliessa View Post
Very nice changes, Riot. What you upgraded looks absolutely fantastic. Thank you!

As far as constructive feedback goes, I will say that with the length of time it took for this to come out I was expecting upgraded splash art for all of her skins not just the original. This may cause less people to purchase skins for her since the only thing they will see in the store is the splash art and they look worse in comparison now.

But what I find disappointing about this visual upgrade is her dance. It had always been short and awkward. This is a stripper pole dance. You have so much to work with here and I find it lacking. She makes one rotation around the 'pole', arches her back for 1 second, then spends the rest of her time pulling her pole out of the ground and jamming back into the exact same spot. It looks clunky and repetative. There needs to be more actual dance to her dance and an attempt made to make the repetition of it look less obvious.

Look at Twitch's dance. He twirls around like a freaking ballerina multiple times, gracefully shuffles along on his tippy twinkle toes and when he jumps back into his starting position for the repeat you can hardly tell it's starting over again unless you've seen it a few times before. It would be nice to see what the animation team could come up with for Nidalee's pole dance if they spent as much time on it as they did with Twitch.

Of course, I don't believe an upgrade to her dance was supposed to be part of this. I'm just concerned that now that this work is completed it will be a long while before any further changes are made to her.

Then again, there's others that need their dances upgraded even worse than Nidalee.. like TF for instance. I'm certain you can give those sexy pixels something better to do. ;-)
quoted for importance.

oo7

12-12-2012

Her classic splash art looks better than her other skins now

HoLow

12-12-2012

I hope this patch comes soon! Nidalee looks great and I want Viktor back already

Dejir

12-12-2012

Love it

BobBobBobberson

12-12-2012

I like the new skin!!!

I really want a new shen because of how blocky he is compared to the other characters
plz do!!!

Arrevax

12-12-2012

I just remembered... Elise is like Nidalee, but without the usefulness/viability.
Love the new model.

Gonnorrhea

12-12-2012

Great upgrade! Though I really think the french maid nidalee should be tossing feather dusters.