Katarina Recall Animation Idea - Xmas Present

1234511 ... 17
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerocaliber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Alright, screw the candy cane that you seem to love so much Riot...

What if instead of that, four sides of a box appear under her, she folds up her arms, and then the sides of the box all close around her and form a present. The present then disappears at the end of the recall. When she re-appears in the fountain, she cuts herself out out the present in a spinning slash.

There you go. Still has kind of that show-offy-ness the skin was going for, but at the same time, she can be a cool fighter when she slashes the present apart revealing herself. It definitely feels like something Katarina would do and is much more in her style (pretty, but deadly).

Maybe she can do a cutesy wink/wave as she is about to be closed within the present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Googiegames View Post
Everybody who likes this idea, post here in support of it!
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2894341
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit: Also, green/white/red hair > orange.

Edit
: Some people pointed out that the Katarina artwork actually makes her look like she is jumping out of a present. This recall animation would actually be absolutely perfect in that case. I attached the artwork for all to see.

Edit: For the record, I was against her original recall, but I would buy the skin in a heartbeat if it had this recall. This is how you do something in character that still is sexy and cool at the same time.

Edit: Kinda starting to dig that hair color in the splash art. Lighten up the orange a tad will ya?

Edit
: Thanks guys for the continued support. With any luck, we can make it happen.

Edit: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...84626#32384626 -> Seems Riot doesn't want to go back and fix their animations. That being said, if you want it to happen, keep bumping the thread and, while I really hate to say this, don't buy the skin. If you want to send a message that quality matters, we won't pay for lazy effort, and we would rather have them fix it before we buy it, then hold off. Don't buy the skin. Tell your friends not to buy the skin. Riot will notice that fact. Buy the other skins, sure, those are great. And when Riot sees their sales numbers are down on that skin alone, they may just fix it. But you all need to work together on this one, because if only a handful of people do it, it won't make a difference. Worst case scenario, you can always buy it on the last day or next year. Anyway, good luck summoners!

Zerocaliber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Calys Teneb

12-11-2012

I'd buy it, but I GUARANTEE YOU someone would make a stripper cake reference.

Likaru

12-11-2012

or just have her covered in red ribbons

Zerocaliber

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Likaru View Post
or just have her covered in red ribbons
How would that work, would the ribbons wrap around her as she recalls?

ThornAlavarn

12-11-2012

I'd like this.

Mantis

12-11-2012

Solid alternative idea.

Prenn

12-11-2012

I like the new recall animation. Keep in mind 90% of the forums complained about them removing the strip poll. It only makes sense they keep it. Next time if you want them to remove the cane completely, mention it before you act like they crucified Christ.

Calys Teneb

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prenn View Post
I like the new recall animation.
So what you're saying is you like her standard animation. Because that's all it is.

Zerocaliber

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calys Teneb View Post
So what you're saying is you like her standard animation. Because that's all it is.
No, its a really lame candy cane chop.

1234511 ... 17