Lucia, the Scion of Divinity

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The5lacker

12-11-2012

Edits:
- 12/13/2012 - Minor edits to working to help clarify some things.

Name: Lucia, the Scion of Divinity
Attack: 1
Defense: 4
Ability: 8
Difficulty: 7
Attributes: Ranged, Support, Mage

Base Stats
-Health: 365 (+80) (1805 @ lvl 18)
-Health Regen: 5 (+0.6) (15.8 @ lvl 18)
-Mana: 265 (+45) (1075 @ lvl 18)
-Mana Regen: 6.5 (+0.65) (18.2 @ lvl 18)
-Attack Damage: 44 (+3) (98 @ lvl 18)
-Attack Speed: 0.625 (+1.7%) (0.846 @ lvl 18)
-Attack Range: 550
-Armor: 6.5 (+3.5) (69.8 @ lvl 18)
-Magic Resist: 30
-Movement Speed: 335

Abilities

- Passive - Soothing Embrace
- Lucia is surrounded by an aura which heals nearby allies for 0.5% of their missing health per second and restores 0.5% of their missing mana per second. This effect increases to 0.7% at level 8 and 0.9% at level 16.
- Radius: 650

- Q - Pulse of Light
- Active - Lucia unleashes a burst of light in an area, dealing 50/85/120/155/190 (+60% AP) magic damage to enemies and blinding them for 0.75/1.00/1.25/1.50/1.75 seconds. Provides vision around its area of effect for 2 seconds.
- Cost: 70/80/90/100/110 mana
- Cooldown: 11 seconds
- Range: 825
- Radius: 300

- W - Luminous Gift
- Active (Ally cast) - Heals the target for 60/95/130/165/200 (+60% AP) over four seconds. Grants Luminous Aura while healing.
- Active (Enemy cast) - Deals 80/120/160/200/240 (+80% AP) magic damage over four seconds. Grants Luminous Aura while damage persists.
- Luminous Aura - A champion surrounded by Luminous Aura deals 15/25/35/45/55 (+15% AP) magic damage per second to Lucia's enemies in it's radius and heals Lucia's allies for 10/20/30/40/50 (+10% AP) per second. Grants vision of the target if it's an enemy.
- Cost: 65/75/85/95/105 mana
- Cooldown: 20/18/16/14/12 seconds
- Range: 800
- Radius: 300

- E - Starshower Fury
- Active - Lucia swings her staff, firing 6/7/8/9/10 homing bolts of light in a 120 degree arc in front of her. The bolts spread evenly among all targets available, prioritizing champions. Any target can only get hit by half of the bolts. The bolts do 30/40/50/60/70 (+15% AP) magic damage and slow their targets by 15% for each bolt hit (Reducing to 10% per bolt for each additional bolt) for 3 seconds.
- Cost: 55/70/85/90/105 mana
- Cooldown: 8 seconds
- Range: 475

- Ultimate - Avatar of the Divinity
- Active - Lucia fills target allied champion with phenomenal divine power. They get bonus ability power equal to 20/25/30% of Lucia's own ability power and attack damage equal to 75% of that, as well as 15/25/35% damage reduction, 40% crowd control reduction, and heal for 15/25/35 (+10% AP) health per second. Lasts for 6/8/10 seconds.
- Cost: 150/175/200 mana
- Cooldown: 120 seconds
- Range: 1000

Lore

In a far off world, a race of divine beings fight a neverending war against the very forces of evil itself. Their battle is simultaneously hopeless and inspiring, and their efforts have kept balance in a universe that seemingly seeks to end itself for eons, and shows no signs of stopping. Not all of them fight on the front lines, however. Some instead seek to combat evil on a different front, but healing and educating those who seek it, and preserving what is good in the world before it can be tainted by evil's foul touch. The Watchers, they are called, and such is their mission: To watch the other worlds, protect them from evil as best they can, and help guide the less experienced races they encounter onto the path of righteousness and benevolence.

Lucia is one such Watcher. After Kayle and Morgana began their feud on Valoran, Lucia took special interest in the world, watching its development over the last several years. Recent events, however, have motivated Lucia to take more direct action in the development of Valoran and the League of Legends. Appearing before a novice summoner, Lucia offered her services towards the Leagues causes, provided she would be given opportunities to interact with and guide the general populace. The counsel, seeing the potential advantages to having angel on their side, gladly accepted.

Quotes
- On pick: We shall guide you to ascension
- On move: We see all.
- On move: Flight of fancy.
- On move: Take wing and fly.
- On attack: Light save you.
- On attack: Embrace the light!
- On Luminous Gift (Enemy cast): Burned by holy fire!
- On Luminous Gift (Ally cast): Be a beacon for us all!
- On Avatar of the Divinity: Embrace ascension!
- Taunt: The light of ascension rejects you.
- Joke: Oh no. I'm molting...
(Art isn't mine. I take no credit for art.)

The5lacker

12-11-2012

Bumpin'

The5lacker

12-12-2012

Bumpin'

The5lacker

12-12-2012

Bumpin'

Moby the White

12-12-2012

added to tonights list

Moby the White

12-12-2012

Lore PQWER review:

Lore: 23/25
Clarity: 4/5 There are several grammar changes that can be made to improve this. Also I felt that the very first few sentences could be worded in another fashion but this aspect falls under the last criteria as well, and so I docked a point there instead.
Theme: 5/5 very original I just want to know even though it doesn't have to be added to the lore, just how exactly does she travel here? Does she fly or did she teleport? Just curious.
League Motivation: 5/5 I felt like I was watching highlander the tv show in lore form as soon as you mentioned 'Watchers'. I think this is a great concept of having a whole new world that has been monitoring Runeterra for Eons.
Likability: 4/5 I liked your unique concept but I felt that the way you worded some things just caused me to reread the sentence in order to grasp your intent. I think you could improve the way you say certain things and will gladly increase this rating if you do so.

P: 25/25
Utility-5/5 it is a great aura for support champions to have I had to really research this one to see if it was balanced
Synergy-5/5 This really establishes a niche for Lucia as a Support role.
Theme-5/5 The whole aspect of Lucia is she utilized healing during battle.
Clarity-5/5 simple and clear
Balance-5/5 subject to review since I have to look at other champions but I think this is a reasonable amount considering some champion have a regen level up that is fairly low and approximately equal to this passive.

Q: 24/25
Utility-5/5
Synergy-5/5 granting sight in an area is good thing for supports to have
Theme- 5/5 although this is not based on the healing aspect of Lucia, she is also part of the Watchers that used "Enlightenment" as a weapon. In a sense this is literal enlightenment.
Clarity-5/5
Balance-4/5 I felt that the base damage was a tad too high; however, since she is a support and will most likely build support items

W:21/25
Utility-5/5 If I understand this correctly it is a spell that applies an aura to the target. the aura then behaves differently for allies and enemies
Synergy- 5/5 shields are a huge asset for supports and this one provides an aoe heal as well.
Theme-5/5
Clarity-3/5 I feel you could clarify this a lot better. You may want to consider adding to the tooltip "On ally: does X. On enemy: does Y. I feel that by seperating these two elements you can greatly improve the wording of this spell.
Balance-3/5 the numbers seem relatively low here. I feel that the heal amount needs a major buff as does the damage amount. 2/3 of 55 is very low for rank 5 even if it is aoe aura heal.

E:21/25
Utility-5/5 a damaging spell that slows targets
Synergy-5/5 a nice cc to slow multiple enemies
Theme-4/5 It seems kind of odd that someone who uses heals and enlightenment is using a sword of fury. The only explanation I could think of was that since Kayle has a sword and Lucia is an angel that Lucia should also have a sword. I believe it is depicted quite frequently in art where the Archangel smites some demon with a sword of fury. But this was not something I gained from your lore and so I felt the theme was a tad off here. I still gave you 4/5 because of my deduced knowledge on the Angelic subject.
Clarity-4/5 I don't think you should say "do their best" I think it should either prioritize champions or not. I don't think the spell should 'try' to do it. it sounds as if the spell has a percent chance to hit a champion.
Balance-3/5 350 damage seems a bit high. And if it does prioritize champions and can hit multiple times at a max of 5 times the slow amount seems to stack as well. If this is not the case then maybe you should adjust it to say so. If it does stack slow amount I feel you should nerf the amount of slow to maybe 10%

R: 22/25
Utility- 5/5 I actually like this ability. It is like making someone extremely powerful for a period of time. Similar to the Lulu ult but different effects.
Synergy- 5/5 nice supporty ult seems pretty cool
Theme- 4/5 fits the mold of divine intervention, but I wonder if you couldn't somehow make her them more about being an angel rather than the healer
Clarity- 4/5 It just needs to clarify whether or not it can be cast upon self, it sort of does by saying allied champions but I think you could really solidify it within the tooltip.
Balance- 4/5 The amounts seem fairly high and last for 12 seconds. Most fights imo last for 6-8 seconds after initiation. Not refering to the teamfight jockeying for positions junk that precedes it, I am refering to when the big battles go down and those bursty fights occur. I would tone down the amount of AP/AD given a bit. However, I really love this ability .

Bonus Points:+3

Total Lore PQWER: 139/150

The5lacker

12-13-2012

Thanks for your rather in depth review, I'll try and cover what points I can.

Lore: I actually took what I could from Kayle and Morgana's lore. Not sure how Kayle got here, but I know Morgana was summoned.

W: Remember, that's 55 per second over 4 seconds, or 220. And that's just for nearby enemies, the guy who's unfortunate enough to get it cast on is dealt 330 plus 90% AP magic damage over that time, and is punished for sticking around in the fight.

E: It's not a sword, it's a shower of bolts of light. Just because she's a watcher doesn't mean she doesn't have some potent spells up her sleeves.

R: Yes, it can be cast on self, as hilarious it would be to suddenly turn the support into the carry for a bit. It'd be better served being cast on a carry, though. 12 seconds does seem a bit long, though, I agree. Might tone it down to 6/8/10, which is still a decent chunk of time.

Void22

12-13-2012

Perfectly done. You really hit the nail on the head with this champion. I agree that you should probably make the ult last for 6/8/10,but other then that...nothing. Great job.

Moby the White

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The5lacker View Post
Thanks for your rather in depth review, I'll try and cover what points I can.

Lore: I actually took what I could from Kayle and Morgana's lore. Not sure how Kayle got here, but I know Morgana was summoned.

W: Remember, that's 55 per second over 4 seconds, or 220. And that's just for nearby enemies, the guy who's unfortunate enough to get it cast on is dealt 330 plus 90% AP magic damage over that time, and is punished for sticking around in the fight.

E: It's not a sword, it's a shower of bolts of light. Just because she's a watcher doesn't mean she doesn't have some potent spells up her sleeves.

R: Yes, it can be cast on self, as hilarious it would be to suddenly turn the support into the carry for a bit. It'd be better served being cast on a carry, though. 12 seconds does seem a bit long, though, I agree. Might tone it down to 6/8/10, which is still a decent chunk of time.
ooops i saw sword not staff

The5lacker

12-13-2012

Yeah, she's a staff wielding angel-priestess.

With some potent spells if need be. I'd love to try and play her as a Carry, it'd be...interesting.