Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Game freeze

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King StéVè

12-11-2012

So this has been happening for about the last 3-5 months or so. LoL will randomly freeze for about 5-10 secs. It's not all the time but when it happens it will happen almost every game that day, and of course at the most inopportune times. It generally is just a mild annoyance, but it has caused me to blue screen twice (I don't remember what the screen said anymore). At first I thought maybe it was a graphics card issue, but it ONLY happens in League and nothing else, Skyrim fine, Bastion fine, Amalar fine. I've tried "repairing" LoL, and have also reinstalled. This happen to anyone else? Help is greatly appreciated.

System info: Intel i7-2700k 8 core 3.5ghz processor 8gb ddr3 ram windows 7 pro 64 bit geforce gtx 570 is my graphics card.

also posted in Reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflegends/comments/14onxp/need_help_league_freezes_randomly/

King StéVè

12-11-2012

bump

King StéVè

12-12-2012

bump

King StéVè

12-14-2012

le bump

Droooid

12-14-2012

my game freezes too but mine just stays on the frame it was on and nothing happens i have to restart i'm getting tired of this apparently nobody is going to answer

Coolkipp

12-14-2012

This hasnt happened to me for the last few weeks, but when it did i had to wait like 5 mins for it to unfreeze. This issue also seems to happen more often if you have other programs annd processes open, such as skype.
I started using a game booster from IObit in order to automatically shut down these pesky processes and give me a little boost
Here's the link, and good luck!
http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html

NBBHGH

12-14-2012

Since season 3 patch, I've had a reoccurring game freeze issue where my game will literally freeze for 40 seconds+ and then go back to being fine. It happens just about every game, sometimes 2-3 times a game. Obviously you could see how this could be a problem, you know being frozen in place for a minute while in lane. I usually have skype open so that might have something to do with it? Any other theories?

King StéVè

12-14-2012

hopefully a wrenchmen can come in and help us out with some ideas.

MaleFrostitute

12-16-2012

I have experienced this as well on the loading screen and in game. i thought maybe relogging would help and it didnt.It took me 3 tries to get back into the game and when i did the game was nearly over

King StéVè

12-17-2012

bump