Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Feedback] Slay Belle Katarina recall

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IonDragonX

12-11-2012

Most everyone has seen this by now. http://www.surrenderat20.net/2012/12...be-update.html (http://www.surrenderat20.net/2012/12/1210-pbe-update.html)

I am very, very disappointed. This is not because I want any pole dances but rather because the replacement animation looks completely boring. Even Kat looks bored. Why would she hate the stupid candy cane enough to cut it in half?

Any one of these suggestions would be better:

1) Just have the candy cane pop up behind her. She leans her back on it while balancing a knife on her fingertip. Maybe she juggles her knives in a bored fashion. Snow falls around her maybe with sleigh bells in the background.

2) The candy cane appears the same way it did during her pole dance. She looks at it, walks halfway around it, laughs then flatly says "No." Her current voice over has a laugh and the word no, so clips of those should work. You could still do the snow falling with sleigh bells in the background.

3) The candy cane appears and mistletoe is tied to the top of it. She walks under that and blows a kiss. Mistletoe is a terrific Christmas tradition. This could also work with snow falling and sleigh bells.

I don't want to see Kat attacking the candy cane at all. She just would NOT care! If you absolutely MUST kill the damn thing, then have her use her ult on it. Seeing thirty daggers stud the candy cane would be interesting at least and you could claim that she is doing this as target practice. Maybe have her throw candy canes at it....

Quote:
made a dupe thread in GD:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=32318617

Aexalven

12-11-2012

2nd and 3rd idea sounds K

Insaneyall

12-11-2012

I'm really loving the idea of 2
then after she say no she could like chop it in half or actually kick it or something.

Nixzilla

12-11-2012

I kind of like idea 1

IonDragonX

12-11-2012

Quote:
Quxian:
I'm really loving the idea of 2
then after she say no she could like chop it in half or actually kick it or something.

Right now, she cuts the candy cane in half.....

WHY?

She doesn't CARE about killing a candy cane!

IonDragonX

12-11-2012

This one is also better:

Quote:
Aihwa:
Yeah. Wheeee... She cut a candycane... That's totally an assassin animation. No, srslsy, they slice candy canes.
If I could make a suggestion, have her dart AROUND the candy cane a few times, then have it slide into many many pieces. THAT would be more interesting.

I even like this one better:
Quote:
Gennousuke:
She holds up mistletoe and hides a dagger behind her back

Quote:
Googiegames:
this idea thematically makes perfect sense with her splash art.
"What if instead of that, four sides of a box appear under her, she folds up her arms, and then the sides of the box all close around her and form a present. The present then disappears at the end of the recall. When she re-appears in the fountain, she cuts herself out out the present in a spinning slash.

There you go. Still has kind of that show-offy-ness the skin was going for, but at the same time, she can be a cool fighter when she slashes the present apart revealing herself. It definitely feels like something Katarina would do and is much more in her style (pretty, but deadly).

Maybe she can do a cutesy wink/wave as she is about to be closed within the present."
Source: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2892948

LegionofArcana

12-11-2012

the third one is the perfect animation for her

Angelique

12-11-2012

The new animation looks rather bland (to me) I didn't even care for the pole dance, but this one looks worse.
Honestly I'd rather see no candy cane at all...

DarkFire

Recruiter

12-11-2012

Riot should check out some of the feedback in the comment section, since it has tons of opinions and new ideas.

AriesMajor

12-11-2012

They should take the current animation and make it 10 times worse as a big middle finger lol.
Its a recall animation...ffs get with it.