Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Client] [Major] Can't play games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Molly Quinn

12-17-2012

bump

Dielyn

12-18-2012

So after about an hour or so of delving through google to try anything and everything I could to restore my audio, I have succeeded. Where I thought I had a hardware issue, I simply had some bad settings. I'll post here some things everyone can try to restore their audio to a reasonable enough state to fix this issue.

*Note* These steps are for Windows 7, although I can't imagine they're all TOO different in other versions, if you have problems simply google the step for your appropriate version (it'll be faster than asking me)

1.) First, ensure your headphones/speakers are working, are plugged in, and go to your Device Manager by right clicking on Computer in your start bar and clicking on the properties option. Once Device Manager is open, click the option to "Scan for hardware changes". Let it do it's thing; reboot your computer. Note: If you don't have anything for Sound on this page, skip to 3.

2.) If you are using onboard audio (or you don't know what that is), try checking your settings in your BIOS setup. This can be done by rebooting your computer and pressing the appropriate key (Usually F10 or F12 I believe, depends on your bios) to go to the BIOS setup page. Once there, you will have to locate the option for onboard audio within that page and make sure it is not disabled. Set it to auto (Just in case you are really using a sound card and don't know it; i think setting it to enable in this situation would use it over your sound card).

3.) If you are finding yourself still screwed, go back to your Device Manager, go to sound and uninstall your audio device (If you came straight from Step 1, you don't have to do this as you already don't have one). Now download and install the appropriate drivers for your audio, reboot and good luck.

Canis Lupus

12-18-2012

-