Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Viktor Suggestion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blahzor

12-11-2012

I feel that one of the problems with keeping Viktor from being viable in most people's eye's is that his The Hex Core having a decent upgrade but a force slot. Since the evolution are a old version that won't be released. How about a way for the staff to disappear and become a icon passive ala Elise Miracle at some point i.e. lv16 or 18. I'd rather the upgrades be lowered and the item disappeared then stay the same simply b/c if the game last long 45mins+ you are just out a item slot that can't even be sold if you need another item like GA.

Also i've never seen the tick damage from his ultimate do correct damage unless it's a visual thing i've seen ticks 20 damage rapidly with 45 flat MPen + 8% MPen against a target with sub 50 MR

Mathemagically

12-11-2012

People that say augmentation is a liability don't know how to play Viktor. Buying Death Aug at level 4-5 keep my damage output way above most midlaners can handle. He is untradable from that point onward if he keep building AP. He can rush Rabadon as his first big item precisely because he gets lots of AP innately and from augmentation.

He start one shotting ranged minion at level 3 laser after death aug. In comparison Anivia needs to wait for level 6 to actually farm waves.

Blahzor

12-11-2012

it's the item slot that I have the problem with if the game doesn't end quick enough. As sure death ray upgrade scales well (the others don't even scale a little in comparison). But if you do take anything but the death ray one you just screwed yourself out of a slot b/c the movement speed isn't that great b/c of the range of the Q, and the W increase range is good but not worth getting over the death ray

Neowolf24

12-11-2012

The item in question is supposed to receive a buff soon. Each one will now affect his ultimate in different ways.

PerfidiousAlbion

12-11-2012

It's rare that the game progresses to the point where I would ever have a full 6 item build. While it's certainly inconvenient to be unable to buy some intermediary items on occasion, it's very rare that it causes you the problems people like to suggest.

IMO opinion Viktor's real issue, aside from his remaining bugs, is that his three available augments aren't well balanced with respect to each other. His conceptual design was that he'd be able to pick his augment to change his play style as needed, with Death making him a burst caster, Power making him a beefier sustained damage caster, and gravity making him more of a utility caster. But as it is he's only viable as a burst caster because the benefits of Death clearly outweigh the other two.

That being said, Viktor is viable. His just doesn't have the options he was intended to.

Quote:
Neowolf24:
The item in question is supposed to receive a buff soon. Each one will now affect his ultimate in different ways.

Sort of. We don't know if the initial 1000g upgrade will be changed or, if it is, how it might be changed. We just know that additional upgrades are being implemented