Riot - Please Respond regarding AUSTRALIAN / OCEANIC Server

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jcpdragonx

12-19-2012

Why would anyone want a server here... queue times will suck and the players wont be as good.

not worth, i will not play on no aus server

NZ Firetruck

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surijak View Post
Ex-DotA 1 player who switched to LoL to play with friends. I was around to see how much the introduction of 3rd party localised delay reducers changed how that game felt to play. No longer do you have to weave and hope for the best, you have enough time to dodge every single skillshot ever thrown at you. In LoL though for example, I've never pulled off the Alistar headbutt pulverize combo even once because the latency is so bad.

My two cents to bump a thread for a worthy cause.
I also used to play DotA on battle.net back in the day. I quit DotA when the scene pretty much died and decided to try League of Legends. I never really expected to get so into it and I remember as my first game was on the loading screen seeing that I had 180 latency and I thought "****, this could be tricky". I played the game and I enjoyed it but the delay is very noticeable when you come from playing with 0-30 ping. Instant response times are something I very much desire and it would improve the enjoyment of the game for many, many players from Oceania.

Best Zod NA

12-19-2012

I can land the headbutt/pulverize combo maybe 60% of the time. It's mostly luck whether it goes off perfectly or not.

Helien

12-19-2012

Would be so good to have an Australian/Singapore/NZ server.

Lastpixel

12-19-2012

230 to 200 ping hurts my soul

Helien

12-19-2012

I'm sure with all the money Riot makes, that they can put a server up in Australia. Perth preff

Kruith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcpdragonx View Post
Why would anyone want a server here... queue times will suck and the players wont be as good.

I personally would rather wait 5-10 minutes to get a game and have low ping, although I can cope on the NA server the delay is really noticeable, i would love to see how the game feels under 100ms.

OldManInternetz

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcpdragonx View Post

get out my country

LaRhumba

12-19-2012

I agree there should be more regional servers so the player base is able to play on lower, more competitive ping servers if they so choose, or play with a bigger population server with abit of delay if they also choose, I'd imagine no losses on leagues end, more attention, more players, more competition.

RainbowGothic

12-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Funko View Post
Australian server hosting and bandwidth costs are well above what Riot would pay for the equivalent in the US. However there are companies willing to help with that because they recognise that bringing the world's most played game to Australians would be a big deal.

I work at iiNet, Australia's 2nd largest broadband ISP, as part of the team that run our gaming network and we would be incredibly eager to discuss what we can offer in terms of datacentre hosting to Riot. With DSL quotas what they are in Australia, being able to offer quota-free traffic to our customers who play League of Legends would be a huge PR boost for us.

If anyone from Riot wants to discuss this proposal further, feel free to send me a PM and I'll provide my contact info.
iiNet... Give me my promised speed! D:

Also bump.