Riot - Please Respond regarding AUSTRALIAN / OCEANIC Server

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

wolfezin

05-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aavak View Post
Pretty sure WA is closer to the servers...
nope I am getting 320 average ping with minimum being 230 from Perth, imo the internet in my residential area just sucks... u get lower ping from NSW and QLD used to get 200 back in Sydney, would appreciate any news

xDeathreign

05-10-2013

Bumping again.

I know it still shows all the Sydney positions still open but surely by now they should have employed majority of them and should already be working on getting the servers up. It has been almost 2 1/2 months, how long do they want the interview process to be? A tad excessive I might just say.

Jakebev19542

05-10-2013

What will happen to our ranked stats once the Oceanic server is implemented if we transfer to it from another?

Magma

05-10-2013

Everyone of my friends and I have suffered an immense increase in ping lately. I went from getting a very stable 200 ping to having 265 being a common occurrence. This is very frustrating.

Werewolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

05-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDeathreign View Post
Bumping again.

I know it still shows all the Sydney positions still open but surely by now they should have employed majority of them and should already be working on getting the servers up. It has been almost 2 1/2 months, how long do they want the interview process to be? A tad excessive I might just say.
The interview processes are quite excessive but it is understandable for the size of company they are as well as the thousands of applicants they receive for these positions. I know of some positions that are not filled after 6 months of the position being posted, so it is unsure when they will actually complete the recruitment for Sydney.

Riot are not in a rush for anything, it just seems a long time for us because it is something that we have been following day by day. Nothing we can do but just keep the interest in our own community going strong.

LeoMonkey92

05-10-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnandahalf View Post
any updates on this? Will there be a beta stage before release?
I sure hope there's a beta stage! When that happens, i'll be signing up then and there!

wolfezin

05-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakebev19542 View Post
What will happen to our ranked stats once the Oceanic server is implemented if we transfer to it from another?
most likely to reset, not 100% sure but yea

requium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2013

Ahhh this is driving me crazy -_- Please give us an update Riot!

SaintCactus

05-11-2013

Riot can you please allow SEA players to transfer to oceanic? garena failed the player base real badly, and i dont want my 200+ skins to be left behind....

Kudos

Adjudicator

05-11-2013

I know a few people here are speculating for some kind of announcement at PAX AU. I know I have my 3 day pass, flights and accommodation booked. Who else posting here is planning on attending PAX?