Riot - Please Respond regarding AUSTRALIAN / OCEANIC Server

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JimsHardcore

05-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombolz View Post
Anyone know for sure if the server transfer is free? Or something like, free for the first month? Cause apparently server transfers from EU to NA cost 2600 ip or something?
First week or so all Australian/Oceanic players will be given ONE FREE transfer token to be redemmed if you wish to transfer...

Just like other servers..

RivalForever

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2013

^ like what he said, Why would Russian server transfer be 0 RP THEN?! THINK GUYS THINK!

Torcida1911

05-07-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RivalForever View Post
^ like what he said, Why would Russian server transfer be 0 RP THEN?! THINK GUYS THINK!

Cuz the average weekly wage in russia is a used car tire, half a bottle of vodka and a tub of butter with a couple slices of bread while in Australia the garbage collector gets over 1k per week if he works 40 hours

CigarAU

Master Recruiter

05-07-2013

Bump

Magma

05-07-2013

^

Testostroids

05-08-2013

Bump

Gunnandahalf

05-08-2013

any updates on this? Will there be a beta stage before release?

JFed

05-08-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf View Post
Hey guys just a quick update from when i started the thread until now.

When i saw the official recruitment posting for the Sydney office i instantly applied for the NOC Technician position (someone who will be directly responsible for the Oceanic Server). The entire interviewing process took about 2 months, I spoke with multiple managers in both Riot Head Office and the new Oceanic office, I even went down and spoke to the Country Manager in person at the new office.

Unfortunately I only made it to the final 3 in the recruitment process and did not manage to become the NOC Technician for Oceania. I was hoping to be able to make a direct impact on the development of the new Oceanic server for our community but unfortunately it did not come to pass.

I guess now I will just be another eager observer on the progress of our new server, waiting from the outside for any new information.

I tried my best, several months of interviews and made it all the way to the finish line, but only got the silver medal. Sorry guys
Well I can now officially share my progress here,

I also applied for the NOC opening when it opened on March 2, after 5 interviews throughout the past 2 months including 1 phone call, 4 video sessions and 1 skype voice only call, I was knocked out of the race to the finish line.

I met NOC Managers, Production Managers, Country Manager and so many more Rioters that I'd never meet in my entire life time.

I also ended up with a silver medal. I'm just waiting on my feedback to find out where my downfall was.

Edit: Further to this, I believe they were looking for a leader for the Australian NOC. Someone who could take more under his/her wing. I don't have as much management/training experience as I do technical experience

Magma

05-09-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFed View Post
Well I can now officially share my progress here,

I also applied for the NOC opening when it opened on March 2, after 5 interviews throughout the past 2 months including 1 phone call, 4 video sessions and 1 skype voice only call, I was knocked out of the race to the finish line.

I met NOC Managers, Production Managers, Country Manager and so many more Rioters that I'd never meet in my entire life time.

I also ended up with a silver medal. I'm just waiting on my feedback to find out where my downfall was.

Edit: Further to this, I believe they were looking for a leader for the Australian NOC. Someone who could take more under his/her wing. I don't have as much management/training experience as I do technical experience
I hope the person who actually got the job cares about the game as much as the people who came second...

CigarAU

Master Recruiter

05-09-2013

After tonight i'm done with LoL until we get servers. I'm Plat V & it's impossible to get much higher on 200+ ping. FYI i'm a huge supporter of Riot (I own every champ / skin in the game)

Love to get a little more serious into LoL but it's impossible with what we have to play on. Also i've had time to think about why you haven't given us any information for the release & tbh I don't understand the reason why. You CAN give us an approx date some people will be pissed if you miss it but others like myself will know the servers will be SOONER rather then later / not having any idea when we'll get em.